Have you ever said something and immediately wished you hadn't?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you ever said something and immediately wished you hadn't?!

This morning the postman knocked on the door at 6.45am with a parcel for me. I came downstairs in my pj's and took it from him.

Just after lunch a dishwasher repair man arrived and I went to the door to let him in and at just that moment the same postman came to the door with another parcel.

I said "Thanks - I'm dressed this time"

The repair man sniggered as the postman said "I wouldn't say that too loud!"

I replied "That doesn't sound very good does it?!"

The repair said "No, not really!" and the postman walked away chuckling to himself!

At least it made us all smile but I must try and engage my brain first in future!
    Cazz x

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I once asked a friend of a friend when the baby was due as she looked ready to drop, and she was not even pregnant, I wanted the earth to swallow me whole

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I was stopped by a lady to ask to do a questionnaire, she checked I was old enough as you had to be 30.
    I told her I was forty, and she was like oh wow you look so young, you are the same age as me.
    I replied really? I so wished the floor to open up

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep all the time but the worst was at college when a friend of mine was shopping on line and I dumped my bag next to him and said you got money who died. He turned round and said my gran. I felt so bad and never ever say anything about people dyeing. I always cringe if I hear othe people say things about death too. It is now quite a big joke between our friends.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Id been shopping and was carrying a new broom.
    As I was going up the escalator I was convinced my friend was in front so I jabbed her in the bottom with the broom and said "Stick em up" I nearly died on the spot when a complete stranger turned round!!!!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Post Thanks / Like

Guilty A work colleague turned up at lunchtime one day - we had a really good relationship so i breezed over and sarcastically said, "nice of you to join us" only to be informed by another collegue that his dad had died during the night

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silvermist View Post
    Id been shopping and was carrying a new broom.
    As I was going up the escalator I was convinced my friend was in front so I jabbed her in the bottom with the broom and said "Stick em up" I nearly died on the spot when a complete stranger turned round!!!!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Its funny now but at the time not so funny!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

OCT 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Not something I said but once went to the supermarket and ds was very depressed. Dh had parked up e trolley whilst looking in the freezer, so I hopped on it and started acting silly wheeling up and down the aisle balancing on the trolley making funny faces the lot, when this lady came over and said "can I have my trolley back please?"
    Ds laughed then

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband came out with a real hum dinger. We were talking about babies and IVF and he was talking about "test tube babies" (I am actually laughing again now)

He said "test tube babies? They put them back inside don't they?"

"ERM..... No Mark! they grow them fully in the test tube!"

I fell about the floor laughing!!! You should have heard him trying to dig himself out of that!!!