The never ending cold?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The never ending cold?

Is anyone else suffering with a never ending cold?

I got a cold over the bank holiday weekend in August, I felt terrible and I can't seem to shake it, it eases off slightly then just seems to come back worse... or perhaps it is not worse, just my tolerance levels fading!

Yesterday I was so frustrated, fed up and annoyed I actually cried! It is really getting me down now. I can't take medicine for it as I have kidney problems and I am not allowed certain things, so all I can have is paracetamol! I am losing sleep because I wake in the middle of the night, then my nose is so blocked I can't breathe or get back to sleep.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help the symptoms? I really really want to close for a few days to rest, but I hate letting people down and feel so guilty.

feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor you
    I can't stand having a cold and its horrible when it feels like it is never going to end!

I find olbas oil perfect for sorting out a blocked nose in the middle of the night. I put it on my bedside table and drop loads on a tissue, its really strong and does the trick.

Hope you start feeling better soon.
    x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

you have my sympathy..I have been suffering for a few days now and that's bad enough, I ended up getting up at 3am and tried to sleep on the sofa as nose was streaming and have a lovely cough to go with it. luckily only had school run this morning so can spend the day chilling on the sofa. Hope you feel better soon x
    Pixie Dust

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Just called parent to say won't be having the kids tomorrow... Just cancelled my hospital appointment for Wednesday, just want to curl up. DH thinks I need a day on the sofa, just chilling and resting... I did laugh in his face and asked him how he expected I do that with 3 children under 4!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i've had one since august, cleared up a bit end of August and came back with a vengeance 2 weeks ago. my sinuses and ears are blocked and painful. On top of that I've got a horrid sore mouth thing going on which I had last winter - it's so sore. Sure it's to do with using nasal sprays etc
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my DD had a cold that lasted 5 months from december last year!

a friend recommended a homeopath, and we went to see him and had a chat, he asked DD all sorts of questions and then gave her some tablets. within days her symptons had eased, and cleared! since then, whenever she starts getting snotty i give her a tablet or 2 and she seems ok!

(although currently got blocked ears and i'm holding off as seeing audiologist in a couple of weeks and i need her not to be able to hear as her hearing was borderline last time (don't mean that to sound the way it does, just she does have trouble hearing and i want them to do something, not just monitor it! )

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

you can get some amazing nasal spray called orptrivine - it comes in a blue box for about £3 from chemists etc. Get the medicated dose one as it lasts longer than drops. OMG it is the best thing possible for a blocked nose, clears it within minutes and lasts for hours and hours.

oh and yes we've all had a permenant cold in this house.
    Blessed Be!