Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Cheshire
    Post Thanks / Like

Default naughty takeaways

How many of us childminders have a takeaway and how often....whats your most popular?.

ours is Chinese and we used to have it every other week but cut down to once a month now or go out for a family meal at the beefeater pub.

whats yours?

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We probably have one every other week, sometimes every week We have a fab Thai and Indian near us. Occasionally we have Chinese but haven't found a great one yet. We do sometimes order Wagamamas but we then have to collect it. We used to order Mexican a lot but hubby has gone off it

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i am terrible i love chinese, we have it at least once a week, sometimes we have 3 or 4 takeaways a week.

chinese, chicken tikka kebabs and onion bhajis, chippy, pizza, mc'd's, kfc.

my dp never cooks, and by 6pm i am usually fit for nothing. on a good day i cooj something in the slow cooker.

and i wonder why i cant loose weight haha.

x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I live so far out in the sticks no one delivers. So as a consequence I have home cooked food every night and have put on weight now I eat healthy. When I lived in London I ate out every meal as I lived with my mother and sister who were always on that slim fast diet so if I ate at home it was milk shake and they used to make me get the trotts.

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Every Friday night Usually pizza and i don't care how bad it is I've earned it! xx

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a chinese about once a month and maybe a chippy once a month other than that its home cooked meals or if we are out and about at weekends then pop out somewhere nice for a meal
    Fiona xx

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

We dont have a particular time to have one, and did cut down on how many we were having due to cost. Hubby cooks a lot and often finishes work before me.

Tonight though we had fish and chips overlooking the sea, there was a wonderful sunset overlooking the isle of wight.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You lot have just reminded me that I haven't been to the chippy for ages. Mmmmmmmmmm. I know it's a bit of a cliche but the chippies do seem 'better' up north. Now I'm down south I haven't found a great one. I used to love a chip and gravy muffin, or a chip and curry muffin. Drooling now. Mushy peas mmmm.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Depends on how organised I am - been organised this week so proper home cooked meals. But a bad week we will watching from anywhere
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have chinese after coming home from hols when no food in, and always on xmas eve the rest of the time I cook
    Cath

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

whenever I am not organised - and thats not often as we live 4 or 5 miles from the nearest town and have to go and collect it

Have found out the chip shop Chinese (does a bit of everything but mostly basic chinese and not that good) delivers. so will have that if starving!

love Chinese & Indian - DH will pick it up every now and then

and if I am shopping in the next town, I have a KFC
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i hate chippy's so our takeaway is indian or the local grill for a kebab sometimes once a week sometimes once a month - depends what is going on.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Friday night is Chinese night but not tonight as hubby is working away and it wouldn't b the same.

We all love it and the order is the same every week it's so yum....I'm sure they will be wondering where we are

Won't have one the next two Fridays either as saving for our hols but the following Friday we will which is the night before we fly
    XX Jill XX

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

You all have made me crave curry and chips. Looks like its a trip to the sea side to get one

BucksCM Guest

We love chinese! And order from our local one that we've been going to for over 20 years!
    Since I got another child and my bank balance is now a little better, we have one every 2 weeks or so...usually have the same thing too
    I do home cooked most of the time though...take away is a treat.
    Although, last friday I really couldn't be bothered to cook and got dominos in...for the mindee too! He loved it!

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We love chinese food, not a regular take away just when we crave for it!! sounds bit strange...... But I love sub way the best healthy option i have to have once in a month or twice. I do cook different nationality meal. I like to be spoilt sometimesEating out or take away!!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No take aways near us, so never. I feel so derived lol. We do once a month or two pop over to pizza hut in Darlington though. I love pizza hut, they do my dairy free mega hot chilli pepper pizza.........I want one now.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I cook most of the time and my children both go away at the weekend to their dads so i usually have one then pizza delivers but chinese is about 3 mile away and indian 8 mile away
    Tess1981