Members Views- Mediation?UPDATE ...SEXY BLOW UP MEN HA!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Members Views- Mediation?UPDATE ...SEXY BLOW UP MEN HA!

A lot of people are still coming around to the news that the forum has changed hands- which is understandable.

I personally feel that this forum has lost its homely feel and many members have already left and even started a new forum as they no longer feel welcome here.

I feel really sad that this forum is changing from a safe haven friendly area to a verbal war zone.

I am hoping that maybe here we can share ideas and help Richard to make it what it was.

We all have a lot to lose, we will loose our one good place and Richard will loose the money and time he invested.

So suggestions anyone?

For me i feel that the strict censorship and the deleting of threads without explanation or warning is getting peoples backs up.
    Maybe we can have a post with the new rules and maybe a message explaining why the thread has been deleted.
    Oh and if possible delete offensive posts and not the threads??

Hoping we can compromise to save our beloved forum.
    Tara x

p.s please no arguing x
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes there was a blip last week and well with 18,000 members dont suppose you can expect everyone to get on.

But since then I dont think i have seen one bad post. In fact i would have said the support we are receiving from each other for the new eyfs is amazing

There are other forums always has been and its a free country where anyone can set one up. Plenty of pages on fb which offer help and advice.

I also think the support that goes on via pm's etc is second to none. I know they have been when i need support
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the forum has settled down now and there is now no problem .

I belong to holiday forums and one for families of Far East POW and on them all if threads get out of hand or insulting they get deleted.

The forum Holiday Truths recently changed hands as the original owners wife became very ill and he could no longer spare it the time. Two brothers bought it and completely overhauled it and rearranged it. With hardly any fuss at all. We were just grateful that it did not get closed down as it did come off line for a week or so.

We should have the same ethos on here because if Pauline was finding it too much for her to run and Richard had not stepped up to the plate then our beloved forum could have vanished into thin air. And that my friends would have been a very sad day indeed.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Yes there was a blip last week and well with 18,000 members dont suppose you can expect everyone to get on.

But since then I dont think i have seen one bad post. In fact i would have said the support we are receiving from each other for the new eyfs is amazing

There are other forums always has been and its a free country where anyone can set one up. Plenty of pages on fb which offer help and advice.

I also think the support that goes on via pm's etc is second to none. I know they have been when i need support
    I totally agree Over the last few months the support for others on here has been fantastic, and I don't know the people i answer on threads but i am always willing to help if i can. Please everyone keep up the support for all of us
    Cath

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

[
    QUOTE=cathtee;1152320]I totally agree Over the last few months the support for others on here has been fantastic, and I don't know the people i answer on threads but i am always willing to help if i can. Please everyone keep up the support for all of us
    [/QUOTE]

Yep i for one am all ready for the new EYFS and its down to this forum and its generous members and their help
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    [
    Yep i for one am all ready for the new EYFS and its down to this forum and its generous members and their help [/QUOTE]

Im not ready but Im getting there and its down to this forum that I have started
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

you know. I dont' feel this forum has lost it's homely feel. the lack of homely feel was with the posts between members and with Richard. That hasn't happened since the advent of the new forum set up - maybe those members who were really unahppy have found a new home they are happy with - so be it - that is life.

This forum is what WE make it. It's a members forum. The support we provide and the way we speak to each other and the owners is up to us. If we are upset with someone we can always PM, that way it doesn't end up in a slanging match and personal disagreemtns are sorted less publicly.

I think less censorship wouldn't go amiss, and I hope that is a lesson learned. If someone has overstepped the mark or a thread is out of order, it does no harm to be told this privately before threads go missing - but this has not happend for a while, so I 'm reading - lesson learned - by all.

I love this forum and I'm not about to let it change over a few disagreements, we are all bigger than that. We members can make it as homely as it ever was
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think the forum is brilliant ...always has been always will be

Ive been here since the start and we have often had blips ....long before Richard was here ..... But we sort them out pick ourselves up and start again ...

We never ever delete anything here unless necessary ....I don't know why anyone would think we would ?

The homely feeling is still here ..... if you ask for support here if times are bad either in your job or personal life and hey ho all of a sudden you will get heaps of support from everyone,more so sometimes than you get from real friends and family.

I've got heaps of cards and presents that I will treasure for ever from my friends here .....some one tell me where else you would get that sort of love and genuine support?

Pauline built the forum from nothing .... and we all love her for that

Richard can continue with that?

But the main thing is the members ....they make it what it is .....good or bad ...it's what YOU all make and want it to be

I love it here and I've made some fantastic friends ,I think we should all stop moaning and be thankful that we have this fantastic forum

Angel xxx
    Last edited by angeldelight; 03-09-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We love you too Angel and all your support you give xxxxx
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Well I think the forum is brilliant ...always has been always will be

Ive been here since the start and we have often had blips ....long before Richard was here ..... But we sort them out pick ourselves up and start again ...

We never ever delete anything here unless necessary ....I don't know why anyone would think we would ?

The homely feeling is still here ..... if you ask for support here if times are bad either in your job or personal life and hey ho all of a sudden you will get heaps of support from everyone,more so sometimes than you get from real friends and family.

I've got heaps of cards and presents that I will treasure for ever from my friends here .....some one tell me where else you would get that sort of love and genuine support?

Pauline built the forum from nothing .... and we all love her for that

Richard can continue with that?

But the main thing is the members ....they make it what it is .....good or bad ...it's what YOU all make and want it to be

I love it here and I've made some fantastic friends ,I think we should all stop moaning and be thankful that we have this fantastic forum

Angel xxx
    Ah that's lovely Angel , well said

jumpinjen Guest

I agree that the members make it what it is - there have been more heated discussions in the last year than before but that was before Richard took over, and i said (in a jokey way) an another thread at the weekend that I've had loads of my stuff deleted by pauline for one reason or another over the years - it doesn't bother me that much, it's not like China's internet supression or anything is it?

I think it is homely and welcoming - I've had a real laugh here the last couple of weekend evenings when my husband is on long night and I'm home alone - start a crazy thread and get laughing!

jen x

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    you know. I dont' feel this forum has lost it's homely feel. the lack of homely feel was with the posts between members and with Richard. That hasn't happened since the advent of the new forum set up - maybe those members who were really unahppy have found a new home they are happy with - so be it - that is life.

This forum is what WE make it. It's a members forum. The support we provide and the way we speak to each other and the owners is up to us. If we are upset with someone we can always PM, that way it doesn't end up in a slanging match and personal disagreemtns are sorted less publicly.

I think less censorship wouldn't go amiss, and I hope that is a lesson learned. If someone has overstepped the mark or a thread is out of order, it does no harm to be told this privately before threads go missing - but this has not happend for a while, so I 'm reading - lesson learned - by all.

I love this forum and I'm not about to let it change over a few disagreements, we are all bigger than that. We members can make it as homely as it ever was
    well said xxx

i think we are as lovely, and as mad as ever!

the forum is the place i go at the start and end of every day ( and many more times inbetween ). i come here to laugh, to cry and to ask the question that, no matter how odd, someone will have an answer, suggestion or idea about. i couldn't work without all my wonderful friends and colleagues here.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there's any lack of homely feel. I feel very supported here, and I rely on the forum because I am isolated and largely excluded within my local CM group.

There has been some heated debate. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with CMs holding strong and sometimes opposing views, just so long as we don't get rude or personal. This forum is an absolute paradise in that respect, compared to many/most other forums out there in cyberspace.

The changes, such as they are, have coincided with the 'new improved' EYFS. I think this explains a lot of the heated debates, and also why people have often felt a bit unsettled and out of sorts with CMing as a whole. That's almost bound to be reflected on these boards.

Finally, it's only fair to Richard to correct the OP's suggestion that threads have been deleted without explanation. Richard made a full explanation of why threads were deleted within the thread, "Penny and Blue Boy are leaving". It appears that a very small number of members left the forum. Rather than go quietly and with dignity, it would appear that some of them succumbed to temptation and fired their Parthian shots by way of personal attacks on Richard. I don't think anyone should have to be subject to such attacks. Neither do I think that Richard should have to sit by his pc, forever trawling through posts looking for that kind of thing. Neither should he have to explain himself every time he takes down a thread which breaches the rules of the forum.

A new set of rules were posted on 20 August. But then, do grown-up realy need telling not to make personal attacks?

Time to move on.

Pipsqueak Guest

Well I am quite comfy homey on my snuggly sofa in the corner of the forum.....

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people should stop keeping dragging it all up and up.

For goodness sake let it go and stop having pops at members who have now left and actually did not attack anyone it was other members who had a go a Richard for his sarky and unnecessary remarks.

Mods please close of delete this thread and lets leave this subject alone for good and all.

I thought I would be honest and say I have actually suggested that this thread be closed or indeed be deleted.

Until they stop I don't know how the forum will move on and I can't see how it helps to keep saying lets call it quits or how marvelous the new owner is or bad Penny and Blue Boy, We are grown ups. The two members have well and truly gone so leave them alone please. Lets just leave this topic alone for good and all.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 04-09-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall making any "sarky or uneccesary" remarks. If I did then I apologise.

Two people have left the forum and I think everyone has now moved on.

Penny and Blue Boy are not bad people. It was their choice to leave and everyone respects that.

We wish them both all the best for the future.

As so many others have said, it is the members that make this forum. There are nearly 19,000 members and lots of new members joining everyday.

The forum continues to provide helpful, friendly advice and I know is well loved by the majority.
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't recall making any "sarky or uneccesary" remarks. If I did then I apologise.

Two people have left the forum and I think everyone has now moved on.

Penny and Blue Boy are not bad people. It was their choice to leave and everyone respects that.

We wish them both all the best for the future.

As so many others have said, it is the members that make this forum. There are nearly 19,000 members and lots of new members joining everyday.

The forum continues to provide helpful, friendly advice and I know is well loved by the majority.
    Apology accepted.

I have to disagree because there would not be threads such as this started if people had moved on. I don't think they are very helpful Richard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Apology accepted.

I have to disagree because there would not be threads such as this started if people had moved on. I don't think they are very helpful Richard.
    But it's turned into a lovely positive thread RS ... No one had mentioned anything about Richard .....you did that !! Sorry about being blunt and I don't want to get involved in this really and I really don't want to upset you at all I like everyone to stay friends and be happy ...BUT .....

Have you thought maybe it's also time for you to forget the past weeks antics and for you to move on too ......you saying things about Richard is not very helpful either ...do you see what I mean?

So come on RS how about you telling us what you DO like about the forum?

Angel xxx

Post Thanks / Like

There was probably no need for this thread to have been started but I see no harm letting people make their subjective opinions known here as long no one is being nasty or unpleasant.

I see there is talk of the new forum possibly closing due to very few people posting.

We haven't seen more than 2 people leaving here and interestingly we have had more new registrations within the last few days than for quite sometime.

It is great to see that the majority still love this forum and are logging in and posting so regularly.
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Pipsqueak Guest

can I have a recliner chair please?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast