Can someone tells me what the difference between NCMA and UKCMA is please?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can someone tells me what the difference between NCMA and UKCMA is please?

Just what the title says? Am I being blonde or are they the same kind of thing?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No they are 2 different organisations.

NCMA is an established, UKCMA is just starting up.

Both will offer different things.

You will have to pay to be a member of each.

There is also MM which just offers cm insurance and paperwork.

UKCMA doesn t do their own insurance and are recommending MM

NCMA do their own insurances.

Entirely down to preference who you choose/or dont
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    Just what the title says? Am I being blonde or are they the same kind of thing?
    Fussy has it spot on except they are the same KIND of thing, they both offer support to childminders but where as NCMA have diveresified and are also offering support to All childcare workers UKCMA are still exclusive to childminders.
    They are both set up to help childminders with their business, they both supply paperwork and have help lines. The main differences are that NCMA is an established charity and UKCMA are a new business and NCMA offer their own insurance and UKCMA are not offering insurance so childminders will still need seperate insurance as well.

UKCMA has been set up by two women who have lots of experience in the childcare sector, one a previous nursery manager and the other a Nursery wolrd Outstanding Childminder of the Year award winner and childminder until last year

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you fussy and ajs...so I am not being blonde for once then lol. I still have 4 months till I have to renew with ncma so will stick with them for now and wait to see how ukcma develop x thanks again

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    Thank you fussy and ajs...so I am not being blonde for once then lol. I still have 4 months till I have to renew with ncma so will stick with them for now and wait to see how ukcma develop x thanks again
    No you're not being Blonde at all, UKCMA havent quite launched although they are featured in nursery world this week

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/b...eryWorldUpdate

keep an eye out they are going to be fab once they launch xx