Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My new playroom is nearly ready

Woohoo can't believe how quick the work has been done...we are converting our garage which has a door onto our garden and sits to the side of our living room into a playroom and I can't wait for it to be finished. All that needs to be done is for my OH to knock a door through from the living room into the playroom, plaster the whole room, lay the wooden floor then decorate and 2nd fix electric and we are good to go.

Can't wait going to go to ikea at some point to get the storage solutions and then need to start planning how I want it set out my BIL is going to build us a wooden play kitchen and shop to put in there too.

Think it's more of a playroom for me than the kids

BucksCM Guest

How exciting!! Show us pics when you're done?

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky you!!! I would love a playroom Definately need piccies when its finished!!!

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will do hopefully it will get completed in the next two weeks as on the 17th of September I will have 4 after schoolers start ages 6,7,10 and 13 so going to need the extra space.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ooooh!! it is exciting, the OH has just agreed to allow me to split the big bedrom and pop a playroom in one half

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OHs are lovely (sometimes) aren't they? Will be so nice to shut the door on the mess and get our living room back. We brought are house in December and moved in a day before Xmas, had all family over for 2 weeks then I started childminding on the 3rd of January so we have never been able to complete the living room. So now we can get rid of the toys and have somewhere to relax in the evenings. It took me 5 months to work on OH to convince him the playroom was the way forward tho- but it was worth the graft hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oxfordshirecm View Post
    OHs are lovely (sometimes) aren't they? Will be so nice to shut the door on the mess and get our living room back. We brought are house in December and moved in a day before Xmas, had all family over for 2 weeks then I started childminding on the 3rd of January so we have never been able to complete the living room. So now we can get rid of the toys and have somewhere to relax in the evenings. It took me 5 months to work on OH to convince him the playroom was the way forward tho- but it was worth the graft hehe.

Absolutely it would be lovely just to be able to shut the door especially if you have had a busy day and really don't feel like tidying up before bed!!! And I'm sure OH will be just as glad to have his living room as a living room and not a playroom!!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my playroom ( 1/2 the garage ) is almost ready too

but dh has insisted on 'future proofing' it. but putting all the cables in for a tv in the wall, surround sound etc ... i keep telling him that Lo & i watch tv once in a blue moon, and schoolies (who also only watch once in a blue moon) can use sitting room, as playroom will be full of noisy LO!

i have said a few times 'oh, do mean i don't have to work much longer?' but apparently i do ... so i really don't get the point of what he has done. he says he wants to put a tv in there now ... why? we won't use it, LO will see it and ask to watch and i will worry about it being broken, esp as one of my LO has started throwing! ( i'm sure its a phase and i'm dealing with it ... however .... ) grrr!

sorry to hijack your post OP!