Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Florida in July

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Florida in July

I've booked my holiday next year in july I've had a rubbish summer and needed something to look forward to. Dh gets a bonus in sept and march so I bit the bullet and ended up with a really good price.

Has anyone been in July. In 2009 we went end of May and the weather was hot with showers. The queues were good at Disney but I know they are going to be longer in July and the weather could be really hot.
    We've gone for a villa like last time as I can't think of anything worse than spending 2 weeks in a hotel room with two children that fight . Their own rooms means they can still be sent upstairs

Disney passes are so expensive thou as both mine are classed as adults at 13 and 10 yrs. Some serious saving needs to be done as it needs to be paid by May.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Don,t forget it is the start of hurricane season so be prepared for it to be a bit windy.
    Very jealous, love it there but haven,t been able to afford it for a few years, used to go to a place called crystal river on the north gulf coast for a while and volunteer to look after rescued manatees, so rewarding to help look after these beautiful animals.
    Wish I could go back to them.
    Teacake2

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending when in July you are going... other things we have done in the past... went to Daytona to watch 4th July Nascar - get to go down into the field, see the cars beforehand, sign the start/finish line, see a concert before the race - not too much of a drive and something very different that you cant get here (prices are cheaper if you phone up as the kids will be pretty much free - different to offers online)

Also if you are planning on going to universal we found a good way was to stay in an onsite hotel for a night and you then get passes for 2 days front of line for the rides (you do need entry tickets on top but means that you will get to do any ride you want to more than once without queueing) - we found our kids (older as well) preferred the rides at universal over disney

And if you love shopping (things like Holister and Abercrombie) go to Altemonte Springs Mall - not much of a drive and the prices are silly (local prices, not tourist price)

Yes it was hot, yes its hurricane time possibly and yes it rains every afternoon and the queues are worse (get to water parks for opening and leave early)....

feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooo.... I'm going in may!!!!!! Woo hoo!

First time for me !!!

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going in August - the weather in July and August can be in the 90s and seriously humid. Last time we went during the summer it rained like clockwork at the same time, most days. Very strange! Anything, though, is better than the weather on our last trip - we went for three weeks at Christmas and had unseasonably cold weather. Some days the temperature hit freezing point. We had a couple of days with temps in the sixties but most were seriously cold, so this time I am looking forward to the heat

Disney passes are very expensive but I managed to buy ours from ebay at bargain prices - I paid about £1100 in total for 14 day ultimates and universal two park bonus tickets for three adults and two kids. We then bought Discovery cove swim tickets for £623 (four swims, one non-swim) and seaworld was included with those. We did pretty well.

If you haven't already visited www.thedibb.co.uk, I'd suggest you take a look there. People often post deals and glitches on there, we had a hire car which we'd been previously quoted over £700 for, for £265 all in for three weeks, including the insurances etc - it was a massive 7 seater full size SUV too.

This August we are taking father in law and so will be having a villa, too. I'm on skyscanner every day waiting for the flights to be released with my fingers crossed

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teacake2 View Post
    Don,t forget it is the start of hurricane season so be prepared for it to be a bit windy.
    Very jealous, love it there but haven,t been able to afford it for a few years, used to go to a place called crystal river on the north gulf coast for a while and volunteer to look after rescued manatees, so rewarding to help look after these beautiful animals.
    Wish I could go back to them.
    Teacake2

I went there last time I went, it was lovely. Didnt do Disney that time, did non touristy things, north & south carolina outer banks, Georgia, Florida Keys Ive got a friend who lives in Florida so Im lucky as dont have accommodation costs.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. The rain can't be any worse than when we went in may 2009. The locals said it usually rains a bit in feb but the rain never came. It came in May instead, like a torrent flood.
    Most afternoons had a short shower which cooled the air as it was humid

I've just paid £1300 for 14 day Disney passes and universal 2 park pass. This was this years prices not next. For four adults so not a bad price.

We went to discovery cove in 2009 and loved it. The dolphins were a bit fishy though we also got sea world included. Loved the orca show.
    Although the year after someone was killed

I'd like to go to Miami but its a four hour drive so not sure of that yet.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi we went this easter and it was very busy and v.hot got to 130f we went end july and 1st week in aug a few yrs ago it was no buisier but was hotter with thunder storm daily but was refreshing and didnt ruin hol at all get saving up and ave a fab hol if you ave lo and want to do character meals book on line early as they book up doesnt cost to book unless its the castle where you pay up front but well worth it

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    Thanks all. The rain can't be any worse than when we went in may 2009. The locals said it usually rains a bit in feb but the rain never came. It came in May instead, like a torrent flood.
    Most afternoons had a short shower which cooled the air as it was humid

I've just paid £1300 for 14 day Disney passes and universal 2 park pass. This was this years prices not next. For four adults so not a bad price.

We went to discovery cove in 2009 and loved it. The dolphins were a bit fishy though we also got sea world included. Loved the orca show.
    Although the year after someone was killed

I'd like to go to Miami but its a four hour drive so not sure of that yet.
    I'm planning to go 1 week Florida and 1 week Miami can't wait just to decide what month lol

My friend usually does a cruise for her second week too
    XX Jill XX