Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm not her PA!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr!!!

So, following on from my post about dd not being invited to a birthday party, I am getting well and truly cheesed off now. Apparently the mother of the girl has not put the correct phone number on the invitation so people keep approaching ME to ask about the party. I keep politely saying dd not going, not invited, only for them to stare blankly at me and then ask me if I can let the mum know their child is attending - and ask her for more details about it!!!!!

I'm truly not being unreasonable am I in refusing to get involved????? I've pointed out the mother to people but that's as far as I'm prepared to go. Please, oh sane ones, tell me I'm not wrong!!

Of course if any of you lovely peeps ever need help organising a party I am very cheap and will do anything for a choccie biccie

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not wrong at all, I would do the same as you and point them in her direction it's up to them then to find her out.

Don't know about being sane though
    Cath

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would shrug my shoulders and say I know nothing about it, it's X's party so you need to talk to her. If they look blankly I'd say sorry but I've no idea as DD not even invited.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stapleton83 View Post
    I would shrug my shoulders and say I know nothing about it, it's X's party so you need to talk to her. If they look blankly I'd say sorry but I've no idea as DD not even invited.

What I would do. Why on earth are they asking you anyway, if I wasnt sure who a parent was, I would ask my child to point out party child and see who they went up to and then approach them

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if they are approaching you and still asking questions even when you say your dd hasn't been invited then I would approach the Birthday girls Mum and just very politely say that people are asking you about her daughter's party and saying the wrong phone number is on the invite and she might want to speak to the parents? This could then open it up if for there is an actual reason as to why your dd hasn't got an invite. Sounds very odd to me and yes I would be seething too!

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well you are being more behaved than I would be

tell them to do one x

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all!

Samb - I just don't want to bother with her tbh. We've actually booked to go to Legoland Discovery Centre next weekend (think thats when the party is from what someone said earlier in the week) so in a way she's done us a favour - been meaning to book to go for ages and this was the push in the right direction so to speak. Means if/when dd finds out about the party she won't be so bothered.

Samhunt - its soooooooooooo tempting

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You might not like this, but try to get over it (said in the nicest possible way!)

It's clearly eating you up, but what good is that doing you or your daughter (who doesn't even seem to know about it from what you've said)?

Don't let yourself be consumed by it. Take a deep breath, brush it off and move on.

Go over and speak to the mum. Tell her that she must have put the wrong phone number on the invitations as other parents are asking you about it, but there's nothing you can tell them. Smile at her & walk away.

Your daughter is only young. You're going to come across all sorts of things like this before she's grown up and you do learn to let it go

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just tell them to speak to the mum as you are sorry know nothing about it because your lo hasn't had an invite.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well my girls have always been on the don not invite list, do I care hell no, dont have the stress of stupid present shopping etc!! and I can confidently say that my now 15 and 10 care not x and are well mannered/rounded/confident children x

the less you care the less it affects your life, let it not consume you, and still tell them to do one x

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I am not bothered about the party - I'm worried that dd will find out next week cos thats when its the girls birthday and I dont want her to be hurt. She is the type of child who has always wished the party child well - this one will be different because she does see her as her friend, and she wont understand why my friends ds is invited and she isnt. And to be fair nobody else does either but I totally respect its the party childs perogative to invite whoever they want. I just dont understand why people keep expecting me to flipping well help with organising it!!!! And I am refusing to be involved in the politest possible way - if the mum is in the playground I've pointed her out, if she's not I've just said I haven't seen her and left it at that. I don't think its my responsibility to tell her she's not put the right info on the invitations - one of the invitees can do that themselves!!!!!

Anyways its Friday, nearly the holidays and we're off to Legoland

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Legoland sounds much more fun anyway

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally would not approach Mum it's not up to you to sort her party out.If she is stupid enough to put wrong number(how people do this is beyond me)on invite let her deal with it.Just say to people don't know anything about it I wouldn't even point her out.Go to Lego land and have a great time.
    Alyson x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally can't see what it's gotto do with you (don't mean that nastily) if parents are having trouble with the phone. Umber why don't they ask their own children who the mum is and talk to her, I'd be annoyed at them pestering me too.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

TBF to the parent who has organised the party its not her fault if other parents are asking you for details.

Anyone else asks tell them politely but firmly to go and ask the parent in question - nothing to do with you
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door