Someone "up there" is have a seriously good laugh at my expense...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Someone "up there" is have a seriously good laugh at my expense...

I am having to laugh because if I don't I think I will cry lol. This month is going to be so tight finacially. I had some time off last month so down slightly on my wages, had to pay NCMA and Ins, plus Ofsted... I have NI the end of JUly, plus 2 car services and an MOT for mine... Add in to that paying £500 on our holiday by 4th August, my sisters 40th, nephews 18th we have a pretty costly time ahead...

...So with all that in mind what just HAS to happen while driving to my lovely husbands work to drop off his poxy trainers...New ones I might add... My poor little windscreen gets a stone in the face... does it just chip... Ohhhhh no that would be too easy... No it chips AND flaming cracks... a whacking great big 12inch crack...

So I call autoglass and it just so happens my insurer does not deal with autoglass because it doesn't believe in the cost of the quailty of their work...and what is the cost of this amazing quailty work I hear you ask? £700...yes SEVEN HUNDRED pound, even the advisor was laughing...

I give up lol

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you rung your insurer to find out who they do deal with? x

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Not yet, going to call a friend of a friend who does all that, if I can get away wthout having to claim, or even call my insurer I will be happy.

I have heard about peoples premiums going up just frm asking questions... Defo can't afford to pay higher on our insurance than we already do and it is due for renewal in 2 months

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Martin Lewis always says to never renew without shopping around first. You could also ring your present company for a new quote which often works out cheaper than your renewal!!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

We claimed for a windscreen and it didnt affect our no claims bonus, so perhaps its worth checking out your policy before ringing them x

coffee-time Guest

usually a windscreen claim doesnt effect your premiums at all, ive had to get mine done in the past and just had to pay the £50 (or £75) excess, id check your insurance policy first. hth.

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

having your windscreen replaced by your insurers shouldn't affect your premium at renewal or your NCD I have only paid the excess when our windscreen has been replaced and it didn't affect my no claims discount or put my insurance up the next year.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorted... 1x car service cancelled my car booked in for Monday to get windscreen fixed... £75 excess... then MOT and service the following Saturday...

...I also forgot to mention 2 weeks ago I backed in MIL's car and smashed her rear lights... that cost £103... (she let me off the £3 though lol

I said a few weeks ago I need to lose a Pounds... "to clarify YOU UP THERE... I meant lb Pounds... Not flipping Actually GBP!!!! So if you could rectify this then I would be most grateful... Thank you"

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending hugs, know how you feel, xxx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

amirose Guest

If it makes you feel better I (in a non dramatic no injury or people occurred way) crashed my car yesterday.
    I went to pull the car forward to reverse it into a space, it was a dropped pavement so I went forward quickly expecting to go up onto the dropped kerb. Well in fact there was about 10 inches of non dropped kerb in between the two dropped kerbs and I full on crashed into it! Literally just drove into a big piece of concrete, the only thing stopping me being the kerb
    Made a very dramatic noise but luckily I drive a Zafira and I just hit the plastic at the bottom of the bumper so no damage. Once I realised there was no damage I saw the funny side
    God knows what the people in the houses thought, I was very embarrassed! haha!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

lol... I am glad you and car are ok

Well today is a new day and this morning DH and I were talking about money and our bills and just how much we have to do... Pay double on council tax because I had to use that to pay damage to MIL car , Pay deposit for hol, pay NI, DH cartax due also... We were getting a bit heated... then I started laughing...

I mean let's face the WORST that can happen is we are short so have to borrow from his granddad who is minted lol... No madman is going to come smashing our door down in a rage... We are going to be POSITIVE... Concentrate on one outgoing at a time and deal with the next when it comes... we still have our health, home, job, cars and kids... more than some...

PMA