YOUR 2012 HOLIDAYS
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default YOUR 2012 HOLIDAYS

Have you been on holiday yet if so where did you go

Do you have a holiday booked if so where are you going?

Are you having a weekend away or a few days?

Or are you not going away this year?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not been yet but booked the last full week of september off, first holdiay in 3 years and was very nervous about telling the parents but it's all be fine!!!

We've not booked anywhere yet, we're doing a last minute thing and my conditions are;
    no children
    lots of wine
    hot
    nice pool

We're also having a long weekend camping in August for the Bristol hot air balloon fiesta, we went last year and it was amazing

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You know where we are going and Buttercup is coming too

We're off to Disney, Florida in just over 6 weeks time

Can't wait as it's the first holiday we've had for 6 years. Not quite the relaxing holiday we could do with but we're going to have a fab time.

Carol xx

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are having a few days here and there.
    DD's have so much going on during the sumer holidays it was hard to fit time away in (DD is in France for a week then she is going to the Reading Festival and youngest DD has Brownie Camp).

We are going camping in Camber Sands for a weekend with friends, then four days camping with a group of Dentist's/Nurses/Practice managers I used to work with (22 families!) at a campsite in Folkstone and then a weeks camping in Poole Dorset with DH & DD's.

The rest of the time we will be at home and doing days out.
    Toothfairy

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are off to Halkidiki in Greece, 3 weeks today
    We are going for 2 weeks and then another week off work when we get back
    Can't wait, counting the days

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to Greece in the June half term, absolutely lovely.

I am also off the last 2 weeks of August, we are going to Austria - where my husband was born. We go every year for the same 2 weeks and it feels like a second home. We dive there, although this will be the first time we have gone by Channel Tunnel.

Okay now you may think we are being greedy, but my MIL pays for our family and my BIL's family to go to a farm just outside of Bude for the October half term. This can go from relaxing to stressful according to MIL mood

Myself and my DH are going to enjoy these last few holidays as a full family of 5, as our children are getting older DD is now 18 and will probably not join us next year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charleyfarley View Post
    You know where we are going and Buttercup is coming too

We're off to Disney, Florida in just over 6 weeks time

Can't wait as it's the first holiday we've had for 6 years. Not quite the relaxing holiday we could do with but we're going to have a fab time.

Carol xx
    I should have said your not allowed to reply,show off

You know I'm jealous

Xxx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're off to Robin Hoods Bay in 4weeks and can't wait. We're going with friends and staying in our caravan for a week (they've hired a van for the week), hopefully the weather will be better by then.

In January we're going skiing to France with about 6 other couples and their kids so that's going to be great, Alfie is in daycare and Rose is in ski school.
    love Sarah.

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to south Africa in April for 12 days it was a fab holiday, but seems like a lifetime ago.

We are in the process of booking a few nights in London in October
    Love Amanda

onceinabluemoon Guest

We went to Haven in Sandy Bay (Devon Cliffs) for a week mid June. The accommodation was fabulous (we booked one of the best caravans) and thankfully had central heating, but it rained non stop and the soldiers were at the firing range next to the site every single day so all we heard all day were gunshots. Not my idea of fun.

I don't think we'll be going back there again.

edited to add - on a previous trip to devon cliffs I asked the staff if there was a firing range nearby as I'd read some bad reviews of the noise on trip advisor, they said NO there wasn't a range nearby, when in fact it backs on to the park!!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off at the end of August for two weeks. Not booked anything yet but dh and I are hoping to get away for a few days. Not had a holiday for 3 years do we think we have earned one

We will book something last min. I've been looking at a cheap deal on a 5* hotel in Marrakesh which has a huge swimming pool. But we will see.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Playmate View Post
    We are off to Halkidiki in Greece, 3 weeks today
    We are going for 2 weeks and then another week off work when we get back
    Can't wait, counting the days

How lovely - where about in Halkidiki do you go - we used to go every year for about 10 years - haven't been for 2 years but have booked to go back next year

Marian x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't normally do holidays in our house - don't really get the point. But this year we are trying it, it's my 40th and my twins 16th birthday 2 days apart, so we have booked a week at mablethorpe . (was meant to be Skegness, but clicked the wrong link lol).
    It means we are close to my piercing lady cos I have 5 piercings booked for my birthday .

I was asking my husband this morning about holidays, saying you seem to either have our kind of weather - cold and wet, or stupidly hot weather but nowhere in between. My 6 year old took it literally and reminded me the ocean is in between!
    So maybe a cruise in a few years lol.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a holiday at home week during half term and went out and about and stayed one night in a hotel.

We have a week off in August and are going to our No 1 favourite campsite in Somerset, its a hidden (literally) gem and quite and peaceful with stunning sunsets (hope to see at least one ), we are all looking forward to it.

Then we have a night in a hotel booked to attend my brothers engagement party and then mum has book 16 of us into caravans for a family get together in October. We did the sun holidays and put down lots of options for the New Forest area and got our last choice which is 2 miles away, but all the rest are coming from London, so it will be great to get together as had a good time last year when we did it

Pipsqueak Guest

I am so excited - we are actually have the first family holiday together in 5 years.
    We are off to France for 18 days, in the caravan. We have paid the campsites so that is one cost out the way with, I have started stocking up on food to take.... been buying summer clothes (however I don't give a monkeys if it rains... we are having a family holiday and that is what counts)

We will watch the international quad race and then go on up to Paris and hopefully Disney - although that is a MASSIVE price .....

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    We don't normally do holidays in our house - don't really get the point. But this year we are trying it, it's my 40th and my twins 16th birthday 2 days apart, so we have booked a week at mablethorpe . (was meant to be Skegness, but clicked the wrong link lol).
    It means we are close to my piercing lady cos I have 5 piercings booked for my birthday .

I was asking my husband this morning about holidays, saying you seem to either have our kind of weather - cold and wet, or stupidly hot weather but nowhere in between. My 6 year old took it literally and reminded me the ocean is in between!
    Mablethorpe is lovely

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post

I love mablethorpes lots of happy memories there with my nan when I was a child,then later memories with my sister.
    Hope you have a great time,are you staying at Haven?

Angel xx

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are doing disney land Paris - can't wait

Haven't told the kids - planning a surprise - can't wait!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lozzy23 View Post
    We went to Greece in the June half term, absolutely lovely.

I am also off the last 2 weeks of August, we are going to Austria - where my husband was born. We go every year for the same 2 weeks and it feels like a second home. We dive there, although this will be the first time we have gone by Channel Tunnel.

Okay now you may think we are being greedy, but my MIL pays for our family and my BIL's family to go to a farm just outside of Bude for the October half term. This can go from relaxing to stressful according to MIL mood

Myself and my DH are going to enjoy these last few holidays as a full family of 5, as our children are getting older DD is now 18 and will probably not join us next year

we had our last holiday as a family of 4 this year - 2 weeks on our usual farm in Cornwall.
    DD is now 18 and decided when we were there that it would be her last I knew the time would come but still felt a bit sad. We have been going there since she was 10. On the up side - as we are now a man(or woman) down we can hire the smaller more luxury cottage for the 3 of us - 4* with spa bath and super king sized bed for us DS gets the sofa bed but that means he gets the TV so he is happy too

will go to Essex coast to visit mum in the summer hols and maybe stay for a week. Not exactly a holiday but want to make the most of time before her alzheimers takes her memory of us away for good

Oh! and a weekend in Bournemouth booked with 2 girl friends - we go a couple of times a year for fun times/bingo/eating/drinking/shopping in no particular order!!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go on Eurotrip with my husband, i want to go in Italy, this is my favourite country i realy love it, i love the people , the nature , food everything ... and also i will go to Australia again, the Heaven is there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast