Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we're off to menorca in 4 weeks, for a week. i can't wait. we've had the last few years holidays in the uk, and i do love holidaying in th UK, but i need some sun and warmth! or just no rain !!!

i've then got another week off and am planning not much! we seem to have people staying loads over the summer, but whilst its nice to seem them, we never get 'just us/family' time. sound like a grump don't i! just that everyone who comes is 'having a little holiday' and so we end up going out and being busy all the time!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am off to Australia - Sydney and Perth and then New Years in Bali. Lave on 8th December and back to work on the 7th January 2013!!!! Cannot wait.
    Debbie

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    I am off to Australia - Sydney and Perth and then New Years in Bali. Lave on 8th December and back to work on the 7th January 2013!!!! Cannot wait.
    ooooo i'm so jealous.

i LOVE sydney. lived there for a few years a long time ago now!

enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Jax View Post
    Not been yet but booked the last full week of september off, first holdiay in 3 years and was very nervous about telling the parents but it's all be fine!!!

We've not booked anywhere yet, we're doing a last minute thing and my conditions are;
    no children
    lots of wine
    hot
    nice pool

We're also having a long weekend camping in August for the Bristol hot air balloon fiesta, we went last year and it was amazing
    Thomson gold, or thomson couples are fab we go every year, not a child in sight in hotel
    Cath

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had 2 weeks in Cyprus in May, and go to Majorcar in 5 weeks time to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

We go Thomson Gold not a child in sight in hotels so unless you go out you can go for 2 weeks without seeing a child

This weekend off to friends for airshow at fairford, we sit in garden with plenty of food and drink and then go in the hot tub and watch airplanes go overhead just hope rain stops,
    Cath

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in Cyprus last year, it`s a lovely place

md0u0131 Guest

I ahve actually booked my first week holiday since I started childminding at the end of August. Cannot wait, I really need it. We probably won't go anywhere, maybe a few days in the tent but I'm just looking forward to a week off!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We will book something last min. I've been looking at a cheap deal on a 5* hotel in Marrakesh which has a huge swimming pool. But we will see.
    [/QUOTE]

I think my friend is going there soon, so i will let you know what it is like. I remember her saying about the massive pool

I have had a week in April me and DH in Egypt and a week in Cyprus me and DH June half term.

We had a weekend in Bologna Italy in March.

We have two weeks in Turkey in august with DH DDs and their BFs. Should be fun.
    I am taking my mum to Spain for 5 days in Sep for her 80th birthday.

Then its off to NY on boxing day for a week me DH and DDs. This is my husbands free flight. My eldest DD is a bit miffed as this will be her last free flight as children come off the concessions when they are 24. I have told her dont worry we will send postcards in future

As you can see i love my holidays.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel quite lucky this year! I get to spend plenty of weekends away (on my own) either in London or elsewhere around the country. Most other weekends are spent as a family in the caravan (minus my 19 yr old DD as she doesn't do caravanning)

We had a week in June in the caravan in Mid Wales and we have 3 weeks in our usual fab site in Cornwall in the summer hols.

DH is 40 this year so I have booked a weekend in London for us both - child free

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to Tenerife on Thurs for 2 weeks..can't wait! The only down side leaving 2 sons at home 21 & 25 who knows what they'll get up to.....

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Am jealous. Would love to visit Australia and get to see some of their awesome reptiles Closest I'm going to get is popping over to team valley at the weekend to see the captive bred scrub python they've just got in.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Pip so happy you are getting your family holiday hon. Did you decide on Disneyland or not yet??

I'm lucky and only work 2 days per week in the school hols so feel very lucky to have a regular 'break' from work but we are actually going away in the Summer to Cyprus for 12 days - can't wait
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charleyfarley View Post
    You know where we are going and Buttercup is coming too

We're off to Disney, Florida in just over 6 weeks time

Can't wait as it's the first holiday we've had for 6 years. Not quite the relaxing holiday we could do with but we're going to have a fab time.

Carol xx
    When do you go?

Whooo we're off to Florida too we go on 10 August and return 2 September 22 nights. Can't wait!!!

We've been several times before but only stayed in hotels or with friends but this time we have a five bedroom villa, should be brill. Booked the 21 day disney ultimate ticket and 14 day universal ticket.

Have a friend from New York coming down on stay a few nights with us too.
    Jules

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jules12Wed View Post
    When do you go?

Whooo we're off to Florida too we go on 10 August and return 2 September 22 nights. Can't wait!!!

We've been several times before but only stayed in hotels or with friends but this time we have a five bedroom villa, should be brill. Booked the 21 day disney ultimate ticket and 14 day universal ticket.

Have a friend from New York coming down on stay a few nights with us too.
    Lucky you going for 22 nights

We go on the 15th August for 2 weeks We've also booked the tickets but as we've never been before are trying to plan as many days as we can before we get there. We're staying in a resort hotel as we thought that would be better for the children, The Port Orleans and really can't wait now.

Carol xx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to Hay on Wye again. I love it rented house me and hubby and lots of book shops

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I feel quite lucky this year! I get to spend plenty of weekends away (on my own) either in London or elsewhere around the country. Most other weekends are spent as a family in the caravan (minus my 19 yr old DD as she doesn't do caravanning)

We had a week in June in the caravan in Mid Wales and we have 3 weeks in our usual fab site in Cornwall in the summer hols.

DH is 40 this year so I have booked a weekend in London for us both - child free
    oooh lovely. what are you going to do in London ??
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You know where we are going and Buttercup is coming too

We're off to Disney, Florida in just over 6 weeks time

Can't wait as it's the first holiday we've had for 6 years. Not quite the relaxing holiday we could do with but we're going to have a fab time.

Carol xx
    ex
    cited for you went last yr and it was the best holiday ever

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucky you going for 22 nights

We go on the 15th August for 2 weeks We've also booked the tickets but as we've never been before are trying to plan as many days as we can before we get there. We're staying in a resort hotel as we thought that would be better for the children, The Port Orleans and really can't wait now.

Carol xx
    Right in the middle of our time there!! We try to have one day at universal or disney and then one day at a water park or something more relaxing. You can end up doing so much that you come home exhausted!!

I'm just worried about putting on weight, I've been dieting and lost over 2 stone but last year we went on a cruise for 7 nights and I put on 8 lbs. So I could come back having put the whole 2 stone back on!!!
    Jules

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

me and the kids had a long weekend in Yarmouth at the end of may,, sadly my OH couldnt come as he had just started a new job, we have no more holidays booked this year but I think my parents are taking my two to wells for the week in August and my daughter is off to auschwitz in February.
    I am hoping is buisness picks up we will be going to spain next year, it will be the kids first ever holiday abroad

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm off to Spain in 5 hours time!!! X
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast