Having a baby
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Having a baby

BuggsieMoo Guest

Default Having a baby

Hi All
    When do you need to advise Ofsted that you are expecting the pitter patter of tiny feet?
    Also, at what stage in your pregnancy would you inform parents?
    Thanks all
    BuggsieMoo x

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't tell ofsted til i had, had my son. Then they just reduce the number of children under 5. Told my parents after my 1st scan. Did tell one parent as soon as i knew as she hadadditional needs soon i had to be careful lifting etc.
    Hope that helps .

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't let Ofsted know until after my baby arrived so I could get a new certificate. I'm not sure if this was right or wrong but finally got round to it when DD was 10 weeks
    As for parents I waited until after my 12 week scan as we didn't tell anyone apart from family before then.
    Are you expecting? If so, congratulations.
    Hope that helps Hx

BuggsieMoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_scottydog View Post
    I didn't let Ofsted know until after my baby arrived so I could get a new certificate. I'm not sure if this was right or wrong but finally got round to it when DD was 10 weeks
    As for parents I waited until after my 12 week scan as we didn't tell anyone apart from family before then.
    Are you expecting? If so, congratulations.
    Hope that helps Hx
    Its not confirmed yet. Unfortunately, I am one of these that does not test positive after a missed period - I was over 8 weeks pregnant with my DD until I tested positive. I am however a week late on my period and have to go back to doctors next week for some more tests. So it could swing either way, but what with moving in 2 1/2 weeks I want to know what I need to do and be prepared if it is a yes. x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oooh how exciting. dont' say anything yet to anyone honey. just nearer the time you will need to think about a variation maybe?
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! How exciting if it is a yes though, don't forget to let us know. Hx

BuggsieMoo Guest

Well update is today I had doctots as still no period but starting to have some pregnancy symptons (nausea, needing a wee LOTS, headache, increased boob size that even the hubby noticed lol etc) and they have taken some blood. I've got to give it another week and then go and see the doctor again on TUesday to get blood results (no pregnancy testing as yet via blood as want to rule out other things - may not show in blood yet apparently as HGC level might still be too low) so test results Tuesday and if no period still then possibly a pregnancy test via bloods. Driving me mad, just want to know one way or the other. If I am, it is a much longed for baby - if I'm not, we just need to try harder he he he