DE-REG Petition Steps  nearly 6k sigs!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Pipsqueak Guest

Default DE-REG Petition Steps nearly 6k sigs!

c'mon, I know not all of us are going to support this and that is ok

but there are loads of us on here and together we can make a difference...

step 1) sign it
    step 2) send it to friends
    step 3) post it on your facebook/twitter
    step 4) nag nag nag people to sign

just a few more to 6000 - can we do it before the weekend?

Registered Childminder since
    July 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone Is really working hard and supporting . . . I will start my campaigning soon, after my weekend away . . . I am like a dog with a bone . . . All my parents have already said they will sign it coz they are also NOT happy about it either!!

Pipsqueak Guest

I know Tam, I know everyone is working really hard - I didn't mean to insinuate they weren't

I just meant there are several thousand of us on this forum... just wanted to remind some of the lurkers perhaps that this does/may affect them too.....

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

have done all 4 of the above and am still at it!!! I have also signed the petition twice (not sure it is allowed?!) as I have a private email and a business email, and I used my maiden and married name (which I still use both of!)

hopefully we can get to 100,000, but it will take some doing! my parents, sister, husband and daughter have all signed, as have at least 6 of my non-cm friends and 3 of the parents of children in my care - if everyone got the same number of people to sign it would give us a boost!
    Francine X

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I agree every morning I am on facebook linking, emailing for a good hour (whilst I can, not started back to childminding full time yet)

oh and just incase

http://www.*****/petitions/uk-g...e_button_modal

here is the link

Pipsqueak Guest

my OH has signed it - he doesn;t know he has but he has anyway! lol
    My neighbour has signed it too

and my mum will be signing it too - amazing really seeing as she has trouble figuring out digital tv lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    my OH has signed it - he doesn;t know he has but he has anyway lol
    So has mine and my two sons and daughter-in-law!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

md0u0131 Guest

have signed, shared and at some point over the long weekend will be getting it on my website. I'm also a member of the WI and am going to try and get them involved too, they love a good campaign

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by md0u0131 View Post
    have signed, shared and at some point over the long weekend will be getting it on my website. I'm also a member of the WI and am going to try and get them involved too, they love a good campaign
    excellent!

i keep telling people and as its on the bottom of all emails i send ... its getting about!

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Have faith ladies - the childminder who got the Nursery World interview is not on any social networking sites and still managed to find out about the petition. Every day I am getting new notifications that more LA's are emailing childminders and its going to take time to reach everyone - but I am convinced that the numbers are going to be significant in signing the petition. It will take a while yet and it is disheartening when its only going up in dribs and drabs especially since we have had such a strong start. But we are in this for the long haul and we all just need to commit to talking to people and signposting them to the petition. Everyone is doing a great job, for those who are still undecided - perhaps new information coming out will make them reconsider. Tomorrow is a new news day after all!
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i am badgering everyone can't believe we are nearly at 6k
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought... is Pauline able to email all the forum members... there are thousands after all... about the petition?
    Jen

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
    Just a thought... is Pauline able to email all the forum members... there are thousands after all... about the petition?
    I asked that at the beginning,I don't know the answer though. Although if Pauline can send a newsletter to all members she must be able to send a link to the petition.

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Not one to sign things lightly I have had a good look at all the material I can find and congitated and..... I HAVE SIGNED IT.

I will be doing my newsletter to parents over half term asking them to sign (after all they have chosen a childminder over a nursery in the first place), and I am also a childminding mentor so will urge my mentees to sign it and pass on too.

Once I have worked out how to do a link I will add it to my Facebook status too.

Our local CM Support Workers won't/can't get invovled as it is a political issue, not sure if they will let me write an article for the newsletter they issue here but I will try.

Fingers crossed for more signatures.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got about 10 people to sign, that I know of.

DH also signed it, and allowed me to hijack his FB account and I am busy emailing all his friends.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and one of my friends wrote her name in the comment box on the link I sent her on FB. Have re-educated her and hopefully she will sign the actual petition

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bushpig
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    I asked that at the beginning,I don't know the answer though. Although if Pauline can send a newsletter to all members she must be able to send a link to the petition.
    Yes I should be able to do something . Didn't see your post about it AJS at the beginning.
    Pauline x

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieA View Post
    Not one to sign things lightly I have had a good look at all the material I can find and congitated and..... I HAVE SIGNED IT.

I will be doing my newsletter to parents over half term asking them to sign (after all they have chosen a childminder over a nursery in the first place), and I am also a childminding mentor so will urge my mentees to sign it and pass on too.

Once I have worked out how to do a link I will add it to my Facebook status too.

Our local CM Support Workers won't/can't get invovled as it is a political issue, not sure if they will let me write an article for the newsletter they issue here but I will try.

Fingers crossed for more signatures.
    Hey Julie, I have already signed it and sent out an email blast. My parents have all been informed and links are on my website, private and childminding facebooks.
    Oh and I attacked ***** and got a bashing
    This weekend I'm taking my laptop up my nans and will get the siblings, grandparents, mother and uncles to sign it.
    If we both write a price for the news letter then hopefully they will put it in x
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?