YOU ALL KNOW WHAT SCARES ME BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU, WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default YOU ALL KNOW WHAT SCARES ME BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU, WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF?

Well for the benefit of newbies I am petrified of " Floaters "

Where is Pip when I need her she loves taking the mick out of my floaters

Floaters are not what you are thinking they are daddy long legs those horrible things that fly and bounce along the floor, hence the nickname "Floaters "

We have had many a laugh about them and some members take great delight in letting me know when they are about again every year.

I have twisted my wrist, almost broke my toe, and shut the dogs tail in the door , all through running away from Floaters ha ha

I am also scared of butterflies , yes really but AJ is too so I do not feel such a freak ha ha moths, most things that fly really ha

I do not mind wasps or bees or spiders

So what about YOU

What scares you?

Do you have any funny stories to tell?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

heights all the way Angel - I know its irrational but...........

I took my dd to see jls at the MEN arena and we were right at the top. OMG how I made it to my seat I dont know I had to sit there for the first couple of hours gripping the back of my seat. Getting down was comical I was shaking and sweating I must love my dd to have suffered like that
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I am absolutely petrified of scorpions.

Naturally, in this country, I do not see them but my son has a car with a scorpion picture on which he loves and he also loves scaring me with it! Can't watch films with them in either.

Not sure where it stemmed from but I remember being young and having a nightmare about being in the desert and the scorpions were walking, flying, crawling, every which way you can think of and it has scared me ever since.

Also hate spiders but only big ones!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a real phobia of spiders but I don't really like anything with more than four legs
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

onceinabluemoon Guest

The only thing I am really afraid of is my kids getting hurt and me not being there to help them, or being unable to help them.

But I don't much like beetles, spiders and millipedes etc, don't like balloons either they make my ears go ultra sensitive and my head feel funny...

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate slaters (woodlice) whatever you like to call them yuk yuk yuk

When i was young i stayed on holiday at my big sister's house in Trowbridge and she had a lovely brick fireplace. I was to sleep in living room as mum and dad had the guest room so i set up my camp bed beside the fire place.
    got ready for my bed and promptly got out again when i seen a slater crawling across the bricks of fireplace then i seen another - on close inspection(well not that close) the fireplace was crawling literally with them yuk yuk had to move my bed to middle of room where i was "safe"

Also dont like earwigs

and i hate HAIRS yuk wet hairs from bath, shower i have a real phobia seriously about them and really panic if get covered in long human hairs
    XX Jill XX

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

I took my dd to see jls at the MEN arena and we were right at the top. OMG how I made it to my seat I dont know I had to sit there for the first couple of hours gripping the back of my seat. Getting down was comical I was shaking and sweating I must love my dd to have suffered like that
    I feel your pain............ I was reduced to a quivering , sobbing wreck when I had to walk down an almost vertical cliff path/steps in Portugal one summer

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

er..... SPIDERS lol [and only medium sized ones? small ones fine, great big tropical ones fine. makes no sense at all]x

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Driving

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The thought of my children & grandchildren being seriously injured or dieing.
    The thought of me dieing and leaving my children/grandchildren and husband behind.
    Snakes & Spiders, I can't even look at them in magazines or on the TV.

and Ofsted inspections
    Toothfairy

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Butterflies, lol yeah me too angel.

I'm scared of lots of things really, any creepy crawly or flying insect eurgh. Also not so much heights but edges, I am fine high up like on the top of the empire state building as long as I'm no where near the edge looking down.

I am very claustrophobic too so any enclosed dark spaces and I freak, and I mean proper panic attack.
    I even needed sedating to have an MRI scan on my foot.

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Clowns or rather anything in a mask. I was terrified at Eurodisney, I was even trotting away from Winnie-the-Pooh.

Porcelaine faced dolls, puppets or ventriloquist dummies.

Lastly wasps, I have always been terrified of them, their buzzing freaks me out.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasps is my main one. I will jump out of cars (almost did at 60mph), strip off etc

Spiders- idread Sept/Oct time when they start coming in off our back fields, they have muscles

Heights- trying to overcome that as our family holiday is now skiing each year

most creepy crawlies especially if they fly

Scared of horses

probably loads more that i'm scared off but wasps is my main phobia, i come out in a sweat and start to cry.
    love Sarah.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning, Im scared of heights! Didnt used to be but suddenly came on about five years ago! And this is weird but I am absolutely terrified of dead things...I mean finding dead animals in the garden, birds etc...I recently opened my garden gate and there was a dead duck laying there, I nearly had a panic attack and had to ring my neighbour and get him to come and get it for me. He said " give me a bin bag and I'll put it in your bin" My reply..."its not going in my bin, I'll know its there"!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post

Are you sure you are not me?? I never go to big arena events for this reason. I would be in tears. Heights don't have to be that high either - a tall ladder will do

I faced Tintagel Castle once - cried and shook getting up to the ruins and couldn't even watch the family going near the cliff. I got a stranger to take a family photo as I knew I would never do it again! I was gripping to the stair railings, I am sure other people going the other way thought I was a loon

I went on London Eye once too - kids wanted to do it as a family. I sat down the whole time and it was ok after working myself up to it - got DD to take photos but didn't get official pic as I couldn't stand at the window

It is vertigo too as the floor goes wishy washy like being drunk and trying to walk a straight line, very dizzy. Don't like bridges (with open sides especially) for the same reason

Other than that it is spiders especially the big crunchy ones or fat bodied ones yuck!
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband thinks I am weird but I am petrified of Thunder and Lightening!!
    I am scared of it hitting me or the house and when we have a storm, I sit in the cellar I absolutely hate it.

I can do spiders, heights anything else but not thunder and lightening.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    Butterflies, lol yeah me too angel.

I'm scared of lots of things really, any creepy crawly or flying insect eurgh. Also not so much heights but edges, I am fine high up like on the top of the empire state building as long as I'm no where near the edge looking down.

I am very claustrophobic too so any enclosed dark spaces and I freak, and I mean proper panic attack.
    I even needed sedating to have an MRI scan on my foot.
    EDGES! - I am almost in tears thinking of them combined with general heights, I like my feet on the ground.

I don't drive either, the thought of it gives me the same feeling
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HazeyDayz View Post
    My husband thinks I am weird but I am petrified of Thunder and Lightening!!
    I am scared of it hitting me or the house and when we have a storm, I sit in the cellar I absolutely hate it.

I can do spiders, heights anything else but not thunder and lightening.
    Now that reminds me of my sister she was the same, she used to get under the table and hide if we had thunder and lighting ha ha my mom used to be scared but not so bad now
    My sister used to jump 6ft in the air if she heard thunder ha

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I'm scared of dying and leaving my DS behind.
    Scared of anybody close to me dying too.

Morbid eh!

On a lighter note, I am absolutely petrified of pigeons. Flying rats I like to call them. I used to work in London and would cross the road to avoid a pigeon. My sister is the same. We are both petrified of them flying too close and getting tangled in our hair?!?

We once went shopping with a friend who didn't realise our fear and we had to walk through a load of pigeons to get to a shop. Our friend strolled through them without first noticing that my sister and i were cuddling and quivering the other side of the pigeons. SHe had to come back and rescue us.

I now have my 5 year old DS well trained. If ever a pigeon is nearby, he goes ahead to scare it off before i get to it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mummyme View Post
    Hi all,

I'm scared of dying and leaving my DS behind.
    Scared of anybody close to me dying too.

Morbid eh!

On a lighter note, I am absolutely petrified of pigeons. Flying rats I like to call them. I used to work in London and would cross the road to avoid a pigeon. My sister is the same. We are both petrified of them flying too close and getting tangled in our hair?!?

We once went shopping with a friend who didn't realise our fear and we had to walk through a load of pigeons to get to a shop. Our friend strolled through them without first noticing that my sister and i were cuddling and quivering the other side of the pigeons. SHe had to come back and rescue us.

I now have my 5 year old DS well trained. If ever a pigeon is nearby, he goes ahead to scare it off before i get to it
    I do not like Pigeons either and I always duck if one comes close ha ha

I am also scared of cows I really do not like their eyes they stare at me and I have been chased by them in the past ha ha

Angel xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast