Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scarborough Minders!

Hiya,

I have been having some 'ishoos' recently, both personally and in childminding.

These have led me to really re-evaluate what I'm doing (yes, very deep and meaningful lol)

So we have come to the decision that we might move somewhere else. Clean start and all that and we've seen a great house in Scarborough.

I've had a look on the local council site and it lists loads of childminders in the area so i'm just wondering if any of you are on here? If you are could you give me some advice either way?

The house we have seen in near the hospital and I've no idea if thats a good or bad thing?!

Thanks in advance

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm pre-reg at the moment although I have been a childminder before but not here in Scarborough. I live near the hospital!!! I can't really tell you much about other minders, only that they have regular drop-ins and I believe have a group, perhaps someone else will be able to tell you more. I was talking to a minder at first aid today and she seemed to have plenty of work.
    It's a beautiful place to live but it's not the liveliest, depends what you're looking for really, if you like quiet and a bit of a slower place go for it.
    Happy to help if you want to know anything. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Twinkle Toes and Beaka,
    We also are very near the hospital (2 of us work together in a funded childminding setting), many of our parents work at the hospital, there is an onsite nursery at the hospital but sometimes parents want a more personal and homely setting. There is a children's centre at Briercliffe (barrowcliffe) and a regular group of minders meet up for craft/networking sessions. Being out of town may not be so convenient for some families, but the bus service is regular.
    Good Luck to both of you x

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Ann that's useful information, maybe I'll get to meet you at one of the sessions (got my pre reg inspection on the 30th). xx

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm in north yorkshire, about 30/40 mins away from scarborough on A170!

i love scarborough, and come with the children often! we love the beach, the museum and the sealife centre ( we're there on wednesday! )

i've met quite a few acreditated childminders at childminder days held locally and they seem very keen, professional and nice!

good luck xxx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

im jealous!
    I grew up in Scarborough , my older boys were born there and I and still miss it . Would go back tomorrow - unfortunately dh doesnt feel the same way

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Im thinking of moving to scarborough

as my older son has settled there and wants me to move closer

Im nervous because Im currently in northampton and Im very busy here

what is the situation in Scarborough please , do most minders fill their spaces ?

Thankyou

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm in Scarborough, I have as much work as I want atm but I get quite a lot of enquiries, I would say that the situation is okay here. Might get to meet you if you decide to come xx

9. Likes phoenix2010 liked this post
    aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou Beaka , I would definitely be interested in meeting up , I dont know anybody there apart from my son

11. Likes Beaka liked this post