Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your hobby?

DH plays the guitar. Every moment he gets he plays it, he goes to the guitar shop at least twice a month for strings and look about. I has several songs he is learning and getting really good. He loves rock and recently getting in to blues... This is great... for him. He gets his down time, the thing that he loves doing...

I on the other hand don't really have a hobby as such. I enjoy art and love drawing with oils, but I lent all my art stuff to SIL for her GCSE's to later find out she threw it all away when she left school (about £200 worth) This was ages ago now so I can't really ask them to replace it now. But I just wish I had a hobby.

I play scrabble on FB sometimes and come on here, but other than that I don't have something that is "My Hobby" something I can do and just be me...

Is anyone else the same... kind of have as hobby but don't /can't do it?

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was a bit like that until I got asked to my neighbour's weekly craft evening at her house. As well as gossiping, eating cake and drinking wine with far more talented ladies than myself, I've rediscovered embroidery and learned to knit

Maybe its something you could start at yours and get back into something you love.

Wilkinsons do art canvas (I think) and why not ask on Freecycle for brushes and oils?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Baking love it - have a new recipe for a lemon tart in the oven right now.

Reading mainly baking books Im slightly addicted to buying them.

I also knit ususally in the winter months
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

cardmaking, baking, geocaching. Playing FB games too

with work and family that's all there is time for
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Football is my hobby, sometimes it's the most heartbreaking thing in the world but this weekend has been fabulous

BucksCM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    DH plays the guitar. Every moment he gets he plays it, he goes to the guitar shop at least twice a month for strings and look about. I has several songs he is learning and getting really good. He loves rock and recently getting in to blues... This is great... for him. He gets his down time, the thing that he loves doing...

I on the other hand don't really have a hobby as such. I enjoy art and love drawing with oils, but I lent all my art stuff to SIL for her GCSE's to later find out she threw it all away when she left school (about £200 worth) This was ages ago now so I can't really ask them to replace it now. But I just wish I had a hobby.

I play scrabble on FB sometimes and come on here, but other than that I don't have something that is "My Hobby" something I can do and just be me...

Is anyone else the same... kind of have as hobby but don't /can't do it?
    So do I! It's my chill out time. Can I play you?

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

What with the forum and fb I don't have time to have a hobby, occasionally I clean and do paperwork and even less occasionally I work. That's about it for me

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

A hobby???

Whats one of those??

Maybe its what I did before marriage and kids.....

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont really have any hobbies...

I spend far too much time on here (not always typing - but reading!) - far too much time on FB and also play angry birds on my phone!

I love gardening - but as I mind FT and need dry weather! - I dont get enough time to do that. We also have an allotment, which I enjoy - but follows the above requirements - and also, someone has seen a grass snake there now - so I wont go without dh or my children!

I actually like cleaning and decorating too - but thats not really a hobby is it..? I dont like being bored.

We do a lot of walking - but as a family, at weekend. We combine that with Geocaching and our 2 walk a long way.
    We also have a touring caravan and like to go away in that.

Rachel x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have an allotment...that takes up some time.

I also have a beautiful motorbike but i havent been able to get out on her for ages as i am doing an OU degree and that seems to take up most of my time!

my other hobbies are

sleeping
    eating
    breathing

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love dressmaking (not very well as i'm very slapdash) and have just learnt to crochet. I live in a rural village and love walking my dog Deidre over the fields ALONE! it keeps me sane!

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have started making dolls and little cute things with fabric and am loving it :-)
    Last night I made a big fat orange and yellow fish with sequins on its fins and stripes on its back and belly :-) xxx

notts Guest

horses! although I only have one pony now (long story!) but I used to have 3, they were my life until children, oh how your life changes huh!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My hobby is as below. Annoying Smurf fans. But they love it
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i love tap dancing, but don't have any classes any where near me! and i am NOT doing zumba! it is NOT the same i could ( and have ) tapped around on my own, but it ruins the floors and DH will kill me if i scuff the wooden floors!

i sing with a choir and read ALOT. i like sewing and have started knitting a bit.

i like geocaching and walking, but don't often seem to get the time to do any!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

zumba and chilling with a glass and the forum

dh has his drumkit in the cellar - fortunatley he's just got an electric one so can plug himself into headphones - the real thing was a lot noisier
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Love spending time with my horse - he is my best friend i can tell him all my secrets and chill out! love him to bits

i love reading on my kindle , playing FB games, watching my daughter at swim training, going to the gym at the moment too which i strangely enjoy, and walking...
    XX Jill XX

Pre reg
    Non childminder member
    Looking to become
    Post Thanks / Like

Circus, Juggling, bubbleology and making sock animals...
    In the summer I read and in the winter I watch rubbish tv.
    After breaking my wrist in august I have done very little of the first 3 and a lot of tv.
    Just started swimming again too
    xx

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I just need to get myself back in to stuff.

I do enjoy baking, and even started doing orders for people but I am such a perfectionist I would stress that the cakes were not good enough, so decided that I will only make cakes when I want to.

I also enjoy making nappy cakes and made a few for my sister and also did a few orders, but then didn't really get any requests. I s'pose there is nothing stopping me just making them and selling them. There are some craft stalls coming up at the local schools soon.

I also love love love horses, but I am really allergic them. Infact any animal with fur really... ended up in hospital once when I visited my Mum when she had cats and horses are far far worse, which really grates me as Camerons friends Mum has horses and offered me to go

I think I have just got to stop being lazy and just go and do what I want... even if I have to spend a few £'s. I won a £400 guitar for DH and he STILL bought another £200 one... he can do it, so can I lol

onceinabluemoon Guest

I don't have time for a hobby. If I am not caring for children I am cleaning or mending or doing paperwork, and if I'm not doing that I'm doing coursework. I am so blooming tired all the time it's unreal. Last weekend I took my own two children to the cinema for the first time in a year, does that count, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast