Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbours

Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Neighbours

What are your neighbours like?

One set next door to me are so lovely, a nice elderly couple who love hearing the children playing in the garden, they even open their back door to listen (she used to be a CM back in the day) They are always giving us fruit and food they don't want and just now she has given us 4 easter eggs because they don't like chocolate... well when I tell DH it will be 3 eggs as me and the kids have just shared one lol.

However the other side next to use couldn't be further on the scale. He came round one Sunday afternoon to tell us he was going to comaplin to environmental health about the noise level of the trampoline during the day!!! Seriously... I beat him to it and called them myself for advice and the guy laughed so hard he snorted lol. His wife is so miserable also, if she is there when we leave the house mindees always smile and she just snarls.

One day the neighbour shouted at my son so I went to town on him and he said "I love kids, not in the sit in the park staring, peadofile kind of way, but I do live kids" Erm..... ok..... bye then! All the children are now banned from speaking to him!

Crazy how so totally opposite each of my next door neighbours are!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha that made me laugh!

The ones I am attached to are lovely. They are really nosey and even the milkman was tackled on my drive at 4am They always say they can't believe how many children I look after and they don't hear a sound (not sure I believe that one!).

The other neighbour was a lovely elderly couple the wife died before christmas and he's now moved in with family and sold up. We have a new young couple that have bought the house and are doing it up before they move in so only time will tell ........!!

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

On one side they have 4 children and on the other side they have 6 and I have 5. So all very child friendly.

jan 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Im detached with no neighbours on either side for a while, which is good for us as its not the kids who are the noisy ones, its the dog.

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My Neighbour is Carolyn, my co-minder who has 4 sons and their girlfriends, so no probs there and the other side has 4 dogs who are noisey so she can't complain about child noise, to be fair she does like the sound coming from our gardens

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

grrr.... don't get me started on neighbours! We were really lucky for the first 4 years we lived here we had old ladies either side - the one attatched to us as deaf so we'd hear her tv and occassionally hear her shouting if she fell over and needed help but she didn't hear us (a godsend!! lol) But she has died (she was 99!) and the other as moved to a nursing home and we now have the loudest thug living next door who is doing building work and has been banging and drilling 8am-8pm for the past 5 months 7 days a week - i am slowly going insane and can't wait to move! Seriously, it was xmas day first thing in the morning bashing and banging, when i was in labour the drill sound was so loud i thought my ears were going to bleed - and he wakes Arla from her naps all the time!!! He hasn't had the guts to even say hello or appologise for the amount of noise!
    Blessed Be!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I am lucky with mine, they are all tolerant. We have an old lady at the bottom of the garden and she says its nice hear children playing, but we are considerate of our neighbours, we dont scream (except me sometimes) and arent unnecessarily noisy.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Kindred your post reminded me of previous neighbours we had who lived opposite us. He was a drug deal thug who was thoughtfull DH was once out in the garden and this guy came over to talk and he was smoking a joint and refused to come anywhere near the gate because of it.

Also DH had a habbit of leaving the car door wide open and about 4 occasions this guy came over to tell DH, in the end this guy just resorted to closing the door for him lol.

Then he came to tell us he was having a party so it would be noisey until about 11pm because he was being send down for carrying a machete!!! Also offered us his Pay As You Go phone while he was away stating we could earn a few hundred pounds a week off of it (selling drugs)... We politely declined lol.

Made us laugh again such a contrast a thoughtfull thug, doesn't make sense, we just kept our distance lol Then moved!

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Just don't get me started on neighbours, the one that we are not joined to are lovely, an old couple they are so kind and buy the girls presents.

The one we are joined to, well if you like music to 3 in the morning with the walls shaking and pictures coming off the wall then come and move in. He used to live there with his dad but his dad has gone and moved in with his girlfriend. The son is awful he is around 30 and just doesn't care one bit about the music or the shouting and swearing that we can hear. We have complained about him twice in 11 years but we could complain every single week, but it just causes more problems if we do complain as he then just puts his music on louder and the council are a total and utter waster of space

We now have the house on the market as I just cannot take it anymore had enough but the problem is we have to declare we have complained but we have played it down alot and said he is alot better now, because I have had enough and cannot take much more.

We have 4 lots of people coming to view the house tomorrow so fingers crossed.
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse View Post
    We now have the house on the market as I just cannot take it anymore had enough but the problem is we have to declare we have complained but we have played it down alot and said he is alot better now, because I have had enough and cannot take much more.
    Why do you have to declare it? I know its been 20 years since I was an estate agent but I've never heard of that.

EDIT: did some online research and yes you do, my things have changed since my time!!
    Last edited by Bridey; 19-04-2012 at 03:17 PM.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

we don't have any neighbours

well, the cottage next door is a holiday let, and we've never seen the people who live next door to the cottage.

the other side of us is a road, the other side on the road is the back of a house. opposite us is the park, and diagonally is a big beautiful house that my friend was renting, but its for sale now, so she has moved and its empty! there are houses behind us, but its the back of the houses, and the access road goes across the bottom of our garden and the garages are round the other side of out garden, backing onto the holiday let!!!

unlike where we used to live that had truly awful neighbours one side, who used to harangue all my parents with appalling language in front of the children, even threatened one parent with the police, he got out of his car and she kept going for him ( 6ft6 and BIG and scary looking (but a lamb!) ) he then got out his police ID she used to report anyone who parked infront of the house ... be it a visitor, postman, milkman.... ( LOL she was a retired dinner lady too ) the neighbours next to her were also dreadful to everyone else in the road, but for some reason, always nice to me

the other side were lovely ... she was my assistant

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    Why do you have to declare it? I know its been 20 years since I was an estate agent but I've never heard of that.
    there is a thing in one of the forms you have to fill in asking about 'neighbour' issues. i can't remember the wording, but we had to very carefully word ours when we sold our house!

notts Guest

My neighbours are fine however, there is another childminder next door but one and my neighbour apparently used to complain about children running ovre his garden to get to her house, she popped a fence up, problem solved I think (maybe I'll end up doing it to) !

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

we have a lovely couple next door, they were a bit funny at first but now the man mows the front lawn if he's doing his and the lady gives us extra large chips, she works in the local chippy!!
    The other side is backgardens and the two that meet our wall and garden are great, one has chickens, which I can hear sometimes and the other has 2 children so we regularly get balls and things over the fence, we make a joke of swapping them back every now and again.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The people in the house joined to ours are great, couldn't ask for better neighbours. It's a couple and their teenage son- all really friendly. The couple often go off for the weekend on their motorbikes and the son has parties- he always lets us know and has given us his phone number so we can call if they make any noise, but we never hear a peep! They recently replaced the fence between us and even came round to paint our side!

The other side hardly speak, but they have recently decided to move their 2 dogs in to a shed/ cage in the garden. The poor things aren't used to being kept locked up outside so bark loads.

And we have a right grumpy man opposite!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The ones attached to us I rarely if ever see. They can be noisy at night, but I now just turn the music up They are really nice though when we do see them.

The ones on the other side.....I am her childminder!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the nicest neighbour in the world on one side! He feeds our cats and waters our plants, and puts the bins out when we're away, and is just a lovely man.
    On the other side its a family with 2 small children, but they work all hours and the children are always either at school or holiday club so we don't see them much.
    I do have a funny retired guy who lives opposite who seems to be obsessed with spy equipment and makes inappropriate remarks about sex to me in front of my kids....but thats a whole other story.....

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

the house we are attached to has a wonderful older couple in, they have always been so understanding about my work and bringing up my own horrors and recently the buildning work.
    they are truly wonderful and we often tell them how lucky we are to have them as neighbours

on the other side is a single woman who doesnt have many friends and just seems to be living in one room she lives in a 7 bedroom house on her own, with a massive garden. she's ok but we dont have much to do with her anymore

LOOPYLISA Guest

One side are lovely shes like my second mummy and a nurse which always helps

The other are lovely to they are Spanish and the smells that come out the door are yummy

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My neighbours on both sides are out ALL day, every day so no problem there
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast