Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Couch to 5k

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couch to 5k

So far I have lost nearly 2 and a half stone with Slimming World and now I've shifted a bit of the 6 and a half stone I need to loose I have decided to exercise.

No money to join a gym, hate classes, never do my DVD's so after a few glasses of bubbly on New Year's Eve me and my Skinny, but unfit friend decided to do the NHS Choices version of Couch to 5K running programme. I'm not a natural runner, always hated it when I was slimmer and fitter so must have been drunk (or mad!)

Went out on my first session tonight and was plesantly surprised that I wasn't about to keel over at any point or on my return home. Running round after toddlers all day clearly has some benefits. However didn't like the way I could feel my posterior wobbling away on the running segments.

Anyway, I'm quite looking forward to Wednesday's "run". Must keep going with this as (in a sober moment, so must be mad) my friend who is very target driven suggested we do an organised 5k run/race in the autumn.
    Hopefully this time when I come across other runners pounding the streets of Caversham I won't be on the brisk walking bit as I felt a bit lame.

So if anybody else has decided to embark on this programme perhaps we could support each other a bit if need be. Also if anybody has any tips for me, they'd be greatly appriciated.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My knees don't do running any more but WOW well done with the weight loss that is brilliant!

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you still doing this programme? How are you finding it? Is it helping you lose weight any quicker?

I'm starting it on Monday morning. I've just signed up to do race for life this June with my sister who is a runner and I want to be able to keep up with her, or at least not lag too far behind!!! I'm fat but reasonably fit cos I swim for an hour twice a week and do a zumba class plus the occasional gym session!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Dec 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just out of interest, where do you live? I'd always come for a run if you lived close xx
    Julie X X

Jul 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I have just looked into this 'Couch to 5k'. My daughter brought it to my attention a couple of weeks ago saying I should give it a try.

I am also trying to lose weight, have lost just over a stone and 3 to go!!!

I am waiting for daughter to download the audio help that you listen to on your way, when to run, when to walk etc. then will start.....am I just playing for time??

She is in training for London Marathon this year and is up to 20 miles!!! Don't think I will be doing it with her.

Let us know how you doing, keep it up.