WEEK ONE OF OUR DIET OR GENERALLY CUTTING DOWN.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WEEK ONE OF OUR DIET OR GENERALLY CUTTING DOWN.

Week one

Well I officially start my diet tomorrow but I know some of you are starting today.

I'm not on a duet as such just really cutting down and doing away with picking and having comfort snacks etc.

I need to lose about twenty stone,well ok not that much but a few anyway

I feel like a hippo

So what diet are you all doing or are you cutting down like myself?

Good luck everyone

Angel xxx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I really need to cut down and change my eating habits. I eat cakes and biscuits or crackers and dip most of the day and then have an unhealthy meal in the evening. I'm honestly not sure I can do it. If I don't buy biscuits and cakes, I have no idea what to eat instead and that sounds ridiculous but it's true. I'm not a big fruit eater and you can't compare rice cakes to a chocolate biscuit so I'm 13st and a teeny bit now so I'll probably end up putting it on and not losing AGAIN this year.

What are you going to have instead of comfort snacks Angel?

xxx
    Sue

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm cutting down on my portion sizes and generally replacing the unhealthy food for more healthy options. I'm not a great lover of fruit but want to try different ways to introduce more into my diet. I will increase my veg intake too, but slowly, not all at once. Have cereal instead of toast (because I like butter)during the week.

I don't actually know what I weigh and don't want to! I will take one step and one day at a time and hopefully how I feel will be the indicator of whether its working

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Sue....hope your ok xx

I am not sure what to have for comfort,it's the evenings that are worse for me,I could starve all day but in the evenings I eat and eat I probably eat more than I would have all day if I had eaten properly in the first place

I will set grapes I'm not really into fruit or veg so it makes it more difficult.

A few years ago I lost four stone but it was sheer determination

I have to make sure I do not buy anything that tempts me,I will buy the family things I don't like.

The first two weeks are defiantly the worse Sue,I can't tell you how many times I've started a diet on a Monday and by the Wednesday I am no longer on it

You have to switch off from food,it's not just about eating something better it's getting yourself occupied and thinking slim slim slim

The first few weeks you think of food all the time,even things you don't like much you fancy ha ha

Crikey I sound a right little expert......I obviously need to follow my own advice

Angel xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Playmate I'm like that I have no idea what I weigh...just think of an hippo and you can't go far wrong

I used to pop on and off the scales all the time and it can make you feel so unhappy if you have had a good week,I don't even own scales these days

I want to feel good and happy,I don't care what I weigh at the end of it.

Good luck for your first week

Angel xxx

Penny1959 Guest

As I am not on a diet - I don't have a starting date.

I do have scales - but I know that during the day / month my weigh goes up and down - so I NEVER take notice of the scales - just use them to see if general going up or down (if that makes sense)

However EVERY 3 months I have to see the diabetic nurse and she weighs me and records it on a graph - she also says my weight out loud - so no pretending I don't know

So just cutting down - but also changing eating habits and what eat when as I have found eating late at night does not suit me at all.

Penny

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well i have just steered the kids towards oranges instead of chocolate - go me-still got a cupboard rammed full of it

Not too mention the trifle in the fridge and the advocaat cake (made with 5 eggs) I made yesterday.

And now Im lying here being very idle thinking Im going to make pork pies (at least I dont like them)

Am considering joining slimming world on the grounds if I pay for it then I might get motivated
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well its party day today im cooking a big meal now guests arriving soon then buffet later the idea is to get rid of all party bits /chocs/bics/nuts then tommorrow start a fresh im going to start by cutting out on biscuits and high cal food this week then do a healthy shop on sat with low cal lots of fruit and veg and will go from there but need lots of help pppplllleeeeeease as need to lose 4 stone

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive started

When I dieted before I lost just over 2st following Tesco diets. I'm using their principles again but going it alone.I have only put half a stone back on but didnt get to goal so I have a stone to shift. I refuse to pay for it now as I know its just about good choices. I am tracking on my fitness pal to make sure I stay in calorie allowances. I feel better for it already and its only day 2!

The biggie for me is drinking enough water. I drink loads of coffee so need to switch that out for water instead.

DH and I have declared January booze free too and that will help no end I'm sure

Keeping busy is key- I am rifting the playroom ready for tomorrow to avoid thinking about food

Good luck everyone!

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well my WW meeting start back Tues night, so Tuesday will be my official start, though I have cut back. We have finally got rid of all the chocolate and biscuit tins.

I have put about 5lbs on this Xmas and had about 6lbs to go before Xmas, so got about 11lbs to go to goal.

Concentrating on upping my proteins and cutting down on my carbs and have recently discovered poached eggs on a bed of spinach

Hoping I get to goal by the end of February.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

the xmas chocs thing is mad. we hardly bought any - well a few things for the kdis but we've ended up with tins of sweets, the kids have a carrier bag full each, I have tins of biscuits - where did it all come from.

the unopened ones are being put away for summer fayre raffle prizes (I checked the dates) and the kids are eating the rest but might have to indulge in a few celebrations before they all disappear

suem, it's far better to have more to eat during the day hon, if you hate fruit what about a slice of ham? or make a big pot of thick veggie soup (go easy on the potatoes/lentils) and just snack on a cup of that when you are hungry, just pour and pop in the micro. Then have a big but healthy meal in the evening, some meat/fish, lots of veggies or salad and a small portion of carbs. It does work.

good luck everyone
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm cutting out snacks - the trouble is i don't like fruit (I know!! don't shout at me!!) or anyhting that i give the children as healthy snacks really so i end up having a biscuit or chocolate bar etc! I'm def stopping doing that!

I may try low fat yoghurt as a snack if it gets really bad - anyone got any other ideas for healthy but nice snacks?
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been out in Leicester all day, only just got home.

Don't like soup Juggler...... I don't hate fruit, I will have banana and grapes and the odd orange but it's not like having a chocolate biscuit is it? Still, if I want to lose weight, that's what needs to be done. I have biscuits for breakfast too. I've got some honey nut cornflakes which I love so will try and have them instead.

I'm not a fish eater - unless it's from the chippy - but I quite fancy trying some fish. I've been looking at recipes for that. Don't know how to cook it cos I never eat it. I can do the ham happily enough and love chicken. I really need to stop buying the biscuits and sweet things and then they're not here to tempt me. x
    Sue

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been over Mum's for a family do today so have had a last blow out and am ready to start tomorrow

I shall be having Natural yogurt and fruit for brekkie (not low fat as the normal one is less than 5% fat anyway and so much nicer!)

Weetabix for lunch (keeps me regular )

And a normal meal at tea time

Fruit or nuts for snacks as and when needed

I want to lose 4st but will take it a day ay a time - having cut out alcohol completely last year I am expecting to find it easier than in the past
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

For healthy snacks I have:

sugar free jelly
    nuts and seeds
    rice cakes
    grapes
    carrot/cucumber sticks
    ryvitas and marmite
    popcorn (plain)
    skinny cow lollies

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking it a day at a time. I have an eating disorder and I'm mad with myself after losing 2.5 stone a couple of years ago I've put 3 back on . I'm off on holiday in 5 weeks time and I would like to weigh less than I do now - or I won't have any clothes to wear on holiday lol. Not a pretty sight for the inlaws who we are visiting I need to lose around 4.5 stone but that's going to be a long slog.

I started today so I know what I weigh. I had a food shop ordered and it's all healthy stuff, no junk so we will see how I get on. I'm only working one day this week so intend to go to the gym or go swimming on my days off and I'm booked in to go back to my old pilates class next Monday evening.

Fingers crossed we can all do it!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been weighed, put on more than I thought need to stay focused one day at a time..... Healthier eating from now on. I have 2 wedding this year and going to be a Nana sorry if you have read this already.... just a little existed, very positive year for me this should help

stay focused everyone

Dawn xxx

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in too. I am not going with a 'diet' as such more changing to a healthier lifestyle - just over a year ago I met with a nutritionist that sorted a plan for me, it is good but very very strict and I fell off the wagon big time after losing almost 2 stone. So I will be using the priciples of that but not to the same extent.

Mainly I will be cutting out alcohol and rubbish food and upping the gym sessions and zumba!

I have about 2 stone to lose in time for my first wedding dress fitting in early June.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im a bit of a picker too , so i do try and have healthy things in the fridge to stop me attacking the biscuits! I do like fruit - but also find popcorn , carrot , raisins , wafer thin chicken , prawns are handy to pick on.
    I got to goal with ww last year which means I can still go and weigh without needing to pay. I set my goal weight above what I would ideally like to be but didnt want to pay any longer than i had to! Will probably go and weigh in tomorrow and then start to cut out the rubbish Ive been filling my face with!

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I shall be going back to WW again next weeks after a couple of months break due to one thing or another. Thankfully I haven't put any weight on, pure fluke and not because I followed the plan but at the same time I haven't lost any weight in that time either.

Really need to step it up now as it's only 8 months till Florida and I want to be slim

Good luck everyone, we can do it

Carol xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast