Ive started slimming world
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ive started slimming world

After following ww and slipping back to old habits through being hungry or bored, now wedding and honeymoon have been and gone ive now decided to give slimming world a go, havent foolowed religously as doing it online and waiting for the books to arrive as i paid for gold member as cant make much sense with the downloads, just wondering if anyone else has done it online and how long the books took to come?

Made a lovely cottage pie with one of there recipies tonight was lush
    Marie.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i love slimming world for dinner tonight i having burger and chips i love any eating plan that allows that

sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I do slimming world. I joined a group though, I really enjoy extra easy and love having my fav foods that are totally free . sw curries are lovely x

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Im following the extra easy-gotta be easy right? i had cottage pie, loads of veg added that dont normally put in as kids dont like it, as it was 2 didnt 1 would eat again if put in front of her,lol, going to keep at it as its ok when looking at recipies online ill have to go with that for now, quite like doing new recipies tomorrow thinking burger and chips lol
    Marie.

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been thanking about doing this or returning to weight watchers which was quite good. Do you think it is much better than weight watchers? I have heard it is and someone else said it is the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I found SW a million times easier than WW because there's much more choice in what you can eat for free, and I'm a bit mince when it comes to working out points values of things.

I have friends who swear by WW though, so have a look at both and see which suits you best

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive done both, i got married 30th sept this yr and from jan was doing ww on and off up to wedding, more on it than off but id have a couple slips and start over, i dont know if was stress/nerves of wedding or lack of using gym but i started eating rubbish stuff again as didnt have time for anything else.

Now ive started sw again, always thought ww was better, ive not dtruggled with this a bit, in the beginning i went over on syns a touch but im getting there, love some of the recipies i never thought id make, and i can have as much as i want and not just a small ww meal, at the moment its got my thumbs up, my sister has been doing it since august i think and has lost a stone, im doing the online as cant get to group very often
    Marie.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

if you like curry you need to try the mushy pea curry its really nice did you do the burger and chips? x

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I did yes, kids didnt like it but was nice and filling, also made cottage poie using there recipie which was lush, again 2 kids didnt like but that meant i could freeze another 2 portions for another time
    Marie.

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i had a loss this week of 4kg (8lb?) cant be right when i look at it in lb's and dont know where from but im chuffed
    Marie.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW that is a great loss.

Think it is possible to have a great loss right in the beginning. I lost 5lbs my first week, and then 1-2lb on average since then. (Am with WW though).

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do SW - really works for me - can eat as much wholemeal pasta, brown rice, pulses, veggies, tofu as I want (I am a vegan) - weight slowly going down - lost just over a stone....have weaned myself off the wine!!

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I joined 3 weeks ago and doing well. Just cooked tikka masala , rice n veg. All free yummy

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a couple take aways this weekend, so have synned a little bit
    So trying to eat all free food today and have fajitas for tea, how marc likes them, can see im going to be looking thru sw menus today to plan a gd week for tea times with as little syns as possible in the meals
    Marie.

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Losing the battle a little bit, havent been able to get to the gym as cant get Grace in the creche or ive been working and i think NOT writing down my food intake hasnt helped either, ive been doing it online but subscription runs out january and cant really afford online anymore as mindees hours changing so big drop in money then mum goes on mat leave so im thinking of quitting gym and doing one of my many dvds wii or xbox games i have and going to weigh ins each week hopefully getting weighed EVERY week will keep me on track, Marc also wants to lose weight now too so meals will hopefully be easier and you never know he may come with me,lol
    Marie.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

well done you!
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you heard of Flexible syns? Might make it easier if you're falling off the wagon a bit.

If you have, forgive me for teaching you to suck eggs, but if not here goes...

Flexible Syns is about staying in control if you are going to have a difficult day to stick within your 5-15 syn limit. Basically you decide how many syns you're going to allow yourself and stick to that. So say your going out to dinner and think you might have half a bottle of wine (12 syns) a pudding for up to 10 syns; maybe you might decide to have a sauce or something on your meal that might cost you 8 syns. Then that's 30 syns. Then you might use 5 syns over the day for snacks and meals so that means that on this Flexible syn day you are going to allow youself 35 syns. So you go out, enjoy yourself, have your 30 syns without feeling guilty and that you've blown it so end up off plan for the rest of the week.

You can do this once or twice a week and still loose weight.