I am going to join ww tonight
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am going to join ww tonight

Hi was just wondering how you ones that do weight watchers get on, I am going to join tonight but I have to do it online as hubby works at night so cannot get to a group.

I have had some nasty comments off my so called childminding friends saying that it will not work as I am not going to a group, so I wondering how you ones that do it online get on.

I have tried SW in the past but feel I need to do something different and I have a lot of weight to lose and feeling really down about it.

Many thanks xxxx
    Love
    Lorraine xx

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly well done to you for going to join

Secondly your healthy eating will work if you want it to whether you do it online or go to a meeting so ignore your what your friends are saying

There are lots of people on here that do WW including myself, so far in 4 weeks I have lost 6 1/2lb (could have been more ) I do go to a meeting but only to be weighed as I can't stay for the meeting.

Feel free to pm once you start and I'll help you any way I can

Good luck

Carol xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well despite my reservations it seems to be working for me too!
    I joined online 2 weeks ago (no way I could make meetings) and so far have lost 9lb. It's really straightforward. I find it a great way to lose weight as you find yourself making healthy choices (otherwise you would be starving!!)so it is something that is simple to keep up even after you've lost the weight.

I used the old plan after having my children and it worked well. I wasn't so sure about this one but it does seem to be working.

Ignore the spiteful comments, and surround yourself with supportive people. My dh is doing it too which makes it easier, but also meeting another cm at a group this week who is doing it has spurred me and her on - find a friend to do it with if you can, without the support of a group meeting it could be easy to give up otherwise

Do join, you won't regret it. Bet they're just jealous you're doing something about it. Well, you go show them!

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

my hubby is doing it online and has lost a stone in 5 weeks!
    its rubbish that you need to go to a group to maintain weight loss - if peer pressure is all that is keeping you to sticking to your weight loss routine then you really ought to be finding a way of doing it for yourself rather than your shame at what other people may think of you - i can't think of anything worse than weighing myself in front of other people and I am not overweight! lol
    good luck! i think its well worth the money and i will be joining in Jan after my baby is born to shift some baby weight before I go to Ibiza in May. !
    Blessed Be!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got to be honest and say that going to the weigh in does keep me motivated , sorry Kindred I must be weak willed or something!!
    I tried to do it by myself but kept falling by the wayside.
    My downfall is selfmotivation but if you are determined then going to a meeting really isnt neccessary at all - there is lots of support here and on the weightwatchers forums to keep you going!
    Good Luck x

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Ive got to be honest and say that going to the weigh in does keep me motivated , sorry Kindred I must be weak willed or something!!
    I tried to do it by myself but kept falling by the wayside.
    My downfall is selfmotivation but if you are determined then going to a meeting really isnt neccessary at all - there is lots of support here and on the weightwatchers forums to keep you going!
    Good Luck x
    It helps me too I'm losing weight for me and no one else

Carol xx

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all well I joined last night as my internet has been playing up, so day one, can I ask when you join a group do you get a list of how many points you are allowed with your weight the reason I ask is my mum was going to join as we are going to do it together but it seems a waste to pay two lots as I will be helping her out as she is not very good with the computer. I know how many points I am allowed but I am heavier than my mum. If anyone could help I would be really gratefull.

Thank you everyone xxx
    Love
    Lorraine xx

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

whoops sorry - no offense meant to anyone! I'm just a bit of an unsociable loner so don't really see the sence of a weigh-in different strokes for different folks I guess!

(hope you're not all cross with me! )
    Blessed Be!

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse View Post
    Hi all well I joined last night as my internet has been playing up, so day one, can I ask when you join a group do you get a list of how many points you are allowed with your weight the reason I ask is my mum was going to join as we are going to do it together but it seems a waste to pay two lots as I will be helping her out as she is not very good with the computer. I know how many points I am allowed but I am heavier than my mum. If anyone could help I would be really gratefull.

Thank you everyone xxx
    Everyone I know including myself is allowed 29 points a day plus 49 extra points for the week, not that I ever use those ones

Carol xx

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i've got a handheld calculator - if you want to give me your mums age, weight and height then i will put it in and confirm her points for you!
    My DH is allowed 41 (was 43 when he started) and I am allowed 29 but am not really following it religiously coz i'm pregnant, just want to make sure I don't eat too much junk!
    Blessed Be!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 29 too, but dh has more.
    I think it would be quite difficult to track properly if you don't have it in your own right. Someone told me last week that they joined via a cashback website, therefore it doesn't cost them anything - I didn't pay too much attention as i had already joined, but it might be worth a look, especially if your mum has quite a bit to lose.

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    i've got a handheld calculator - if you want to give me your mums age, weight and height then i will put it in and confirm her points for you!
    My DH is allowed 41 (was 43 when he started) and I am allowed 29 but am not really following it religiously coz i'm pregnant, just want to make sure I don't eat too much junk!
    Thanks for that will pm you xx
    Love
    Lorraine xx