Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help me!!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help me!!!!

Due to recent horrendous events in my life I have been consumed by the ficious circle of comfort eating and depression. I am desprate to lose weight, I have a huge BMI and i just dunno what to do about it.
    People drive me crazy with their, "just eat healthy and exercise" speech, its not really support, its just words. Lately crisps have been my poison and now my Daughter keeps asking for crisps so i know i need to get them out of the house.
    I'm so scared that i will make my Daughter a lazy over eater just like her Mummy. What slimming diets have you found that have worked for you? I'm currently not working so can't afford to join anywhere

I'll embarrass myself now and it may help boast my desire to get the weight off.......I am 5'9 and weigh 18 stone !!!!!
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

ww is great, u can do it online, its £30 for 3 months, if u sign up with topcashback.co.uk and go thru them then u get the £30 back as cashback once u have been signed for a month with ww so yes u have to pay out for it but u will get it back

u can eat crisps on ww, they were my downfall too

i lost 4 1/2 stone with the old points system and got to goal last august, since then i relaxed and got slack and put 12lb bak on which i am now getting back off with the new points system, i joined up 3 weeks ago and have lost 5lb so far

it can be difficult but once u start re-training urself and realising its not hunger then u will be ok, my problem was takeaways and portion sizes of home cooked meals, ive learnt now to bulk up on lots of salad or veg and every evening i have sugar free jelly which is 1point. that starves off the sweet craving and snacking, i also have a cuppa tea too, i also stopped having a sugar in my tea/coffee and swapped for sweeteners so now i just point for the milk

it really is the best thing i did, i feel so much better, i was a tight size 18 (some clothes were a 20), im now a size 12, some of the clothes i bought last year are size 10, im aiming to be able to be back in them in a month or so

good luck

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

you need to re-train yourself hun x

I love cheese and crisps, and a cool beer x

I will have a cup of coffee when I get the crisp urge, and find this takes my mind off it, and the caffine helps supress hunger, then I will have a sandwich instead x

hope this is a help x

oooh! and now have alcohol free beer, lower in cals, but the ahhhhhhhhhh!! of a cool beer in the evening (cor sound like a caffine addicted boozing alcie, great image for childminding!!)

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Been on wii fit nearly 30 mins and burned 200 cal doing little bits.

My bmi is.......just under 39!!!!

Def need to lose weight, i am a tight 18, mainly in a 20 and have even had to buy 22's. This is the biggest i have ever been, still trying to lose weight from dd1, have lost 1stone since losing dd2.

I've never done weight atchers, i have done slimming world but never stick to it, did slimfast and lost 2 stone in 2 weeks when i was younger. Did british heart foundation and lost 1 stone, i just seem to give up and put it on again.

Lets hope i can get it off xxx
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We do get stuck in a rut...you should join out thread about loosing weight, we all do our own thing and have our weigh in on the thread, I have lost but also gained. I am not a big person just wanted to trim up a little....I think this will help you as each week you will have to tell us what you have lost or indeed gained if you have had a bad week....We all do

I'll pop and have a look at the tread and let you know the title so you can have a read and maybe find some inspiration!!

Title is....Less Jelly Wobble
    wow 2012 already

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryp0ppins View Post
    We do get stuck in a rut...you should join out thread about loosing weight, we all do our own thing and have our weigh in on the thread, I have lost but also gained. I am not a big person just wanted to trim up a little....I think this will help you as each week you will have to tell us what you have lost or indeed gained if you have had a bad week....We all do

I'll pop and have a look at the tread and let you know the title so you can have a read and maybe find some inspiration!!

Title is....Less Jelly Wobble
    Will def have a look, support would be amazing, wonder what oh would think if i started to lose weight, wonder if he would even notice lol
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel I am in the same boat and it is really getting me down. Will send you a pm xx
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried MY FITNESS PAL online. Its free to join and use.

You put in all your daily food intake and it tells you what calories you can eat. There is lots of support on there.

If you end up joining i am Hayley26d on there.

Good luck
    Im in the pub

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a good idea, have just joined my fitness pal, thanks

I'm Funkybanana2006 xxxx
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck rain or shine, I'll join you too.

I am half a stone heavier than I thought I was and I was devastated when I realised.

Crisps are my poison too and I comfort eat too.

I'll hop on to my fitness pal too, my problem is I never find the time to log my food - guess I must make the time!

Good luck will be rooting for you, keep us updated with your progress.

Just remember though, you have a lot of emotions to work through so try not to do everything at once.
    Little Miss Chatterbox xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck hon. sure you can do it.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe leave my fitness pal open all day and just get on it as and when you can. We don't have the easiest job to find time lol xxx

Good luck all xxx
    Jo -Rain or Shine CM

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I do fitness pal on my iPod, keep it on the dock in the kitchen and input food as I prepare meals/snacks.
    I find I eat what I fancy and when I run out of calories I stop eating for the day. Stayed the same the last two weeks but have lost 17lbs, my trouble is I don't eat loads in the day and have loads of calories left in the evening.

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rain or Shine View Post
    Due to recent horrendous events in my life I have been consumed by the ficious circle of comfort eating and depression. I am desprate to lose weight, I have a huge BMI and i just dunno what to do about it.
    People drive me crazy with their, "just eat healthy and exercise" speech, its not really support, its just words. Lately crisps have been my poison and now my Daughter keeps asking for crisps so i know i need to get them out of the house.
    I'm so scared that i will make my Daughter a lazy over eater just like her Mummy. What slimming diets have you found that have worked for you? I'm currently not working so can't afford to join anywhere

I'll embarrass myself now and it may help boast my desire to get the weight off.......I am 5'9 and weigh 18 stone !!!!!
    Hi there. I was a size 18 back in January I am now a size 14. I eat 1400 cals a day and walk as much as I can, just concentrate on one day at a time, " Sucess is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out . Good luck
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck all of you. I’m struggling myself at moment, it’s getting in the right frame of mind, which I’m not at moment.
    Dawn xx