Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 ft 2, and 10.13 stone

1more lb and i hit the 11 mark, i really need a kick up the **** so im hoping that by logging my progress on here i may keep up the work from today

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on posting this, that is the first start.

I'm 5' 1'' and heavier than you, can't say how much as I am truely ashamed and that is why I am going back to WW tomorrow to start again and hopefully nothing will stand in my way this time

So which healthy eating plan are you following? Or are you cutting out the rubbish and doing more exercise?

We can all help each other

Carol xx

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i cant follow WW or slimmers world etc - i dont finish till gone 6 so find it hard to get to clubs, years ago i did rosemary connolly and lost 2st, so im going to follow the same diet, less than 5grams of fat per food, and do my 100 crunches per night and go jogging 3 times a wk, i ran alot last year and since i stopped running in August when i reached 9.5st i have piled it on.
    So today is the last day of eating pretty much what i want, i go to see my dad in august and am determined to go lighter lol x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good for you!

If you need any tips there are lots of members who will be able to help

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

OK auntym. I am the same height as you and currently just under 13 stone. This is the heaviest i have ever been (other than pregnant), but as my 'baby' is 5 in a couple of months I don't think I can continue to blame him!

I don't lack will power, but I do lack organisation which means that I then grab all the wrong things to eat, or get takeaway. As hubby works away a lot I am not able to go out running or to classes on a regular basis.

Soooo, I will if you will..!

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

aww thanks ladies for replying - can anyone recommend what they do to pang hunger curbs lol eg cravings for chocolate or is there anything you buy that u can snack on.
    Meals is the worst as all i can think to make is chicken n rice lol, i know ur not suppose to eat bread and potato together or bread and pasta? so has anyone any recipes or rally tasty food they can recommend that isnt high in fat

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

JULIE I DO!!!!! lol Today when i go to bed i wake up tomorrow on a mission!!!! ur on hon xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you both
    Debbie

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i have joined WW online - you can get the points of food and track weight loss on a graph etc.

i love it - fell off the wagon but got back on today feeling more in control already.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ooooh! I am new but can I play too ?

erm............... 5'5" and 13.12 was 14.6 doing SW online x

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow well done hon, thats fab!!! youve started ahead of us i will do my proper wiegh in in the morning and that way iv my full official weight lol, we can help eachother

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Another person who is 5ft 1 and wishing is was lighter than she is

I got to the stage last year of deciding to do something about it. After a lot of stress with hubby being out of work, me trying to get the childminding off the ground, the weight went on.

So friend and I started WW and I was ashamed when I weighed in to see what my weight was. The heaviest I'd ever been. Also a bad chest infection which I thought at one point was a heart attack made me do something.

Lost 1 1/2 stone and then they changed the WW programme and couldn't get into the new one and I was up and down with weight. Started Slimming World about 5 wks ago and yes still have the 1/2 stone to go after a blib but determined to get my 2stone by the date I started WW last year.

There are some Slimming World & WW help sites on FB which may give you some food ideas.

Good luck with your weight loss.
    Nicki xxx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntym View Post
    Well i cant follow WW or slimmers world etc - i dont finish till gone 6 so find it hard to get to clubs, years ago i did rosemary connolly and lost 2st, so im going to follow the same diet, less than 5grams of fat per food, and do my 100 crunches per night and go jogging 3 times a wk, i ran alot last year and since i stopped running in August when i reached 9.5st i have piled it on.
    So today is the last day of eating pretty much what i want, i go to see my dad in august and am determined to go lighter lol x
    you can do it. I'm 5 2 also. Last year when I finished studying I was 9 stone 7. I lost a stone and half.

Don't know your age hon but I know for me all my usual cutting out that I'd used since my 20's to lose a bit just didn't work once I was past 40. I had to slash the carbs this time. Took me a few months and I've kept it off for 6 months now and exercise 2 or 3 times a week (zumba). It's Not just obviuos carbs but the hidden ones too, and I cut down on dairy and sugar but not totally - but I eat loads- every day. I sort of live with the plan sort of 60:40 now as a way of life and it suits me.

Good luck
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    you can do it. I'm 5 2 also. Last year when I finished studying I was 9 stone 7. I lost a stone and half.

Don't know your age hon but I know for me all my usual cutting out that I'd used since my 20's to lose a bit just didn't work once I was past 40. I had to slash the carbs this time. Took me a few months and I've kept it off for 6 months now and exercise 2 or 3 times a week (zumba). It's Not just obviuos carbs but the hidden ones too, and I cut down on dairy and sugar but not totally - but I eat loads- every day. I sort of live with the plan sort of 60:40 now as a way of life and it suits me.

Good luck
    im 40 BUT A VERY YOUNG ONE haha x

sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm 44 and never really struggled with my weight until the last 5 years. Juggler, it was interesting what you said about carbs, as I think I have decided this is the approach I will take.

AuntyM - I have just gotten on scales and they say 12 st 8 lbs. I have even written it in a little book so I can keep track.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im 5'1 and a bit! !! the bit is very important when youre a tiny!!

Ive been folllowing ww for the last 4 weeks - weigh in tomorrow

Ive cut right down on carbs , and replaced all my snacks with healthy ones - Im not one for big meals , more of a grazer so its important that I have lots of healthy stuff handy!
    Favourites when I want a sweet fix are mini meringues - 0 ww points and VERY sweet , you know youve had it iyswim! Also frozen blueberries and raspberries , lots of fruit and prepared veg ( love raw sprouts and carrots).
    Watch out for 'pretend' diet foods - Ryvita fruit crunch have as many ww points as a thick slice of white bread and special K is one of the 'worst' cereals!
    Ive lost 8lbs so far - and believe me , if I can do it anyone can!

And if you can get to a zumba class give it a go - I was so unfit and and exercise-phobe but I love it! Really fun , and a major workout almost without realising it!

Good Luck x x

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Kath that's fab. Good luck everyone who is trying to lost weight. I am doing sw and have lost 19 lb and give from an 16/18 to a very comfortable 12/14 since Jan

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    Well done Kath that's fab. Good luck everyone who is trying to lost weight. I am doing sw and have lost 19 lb and give from an 16/18 to a very comfortable 12/14 since Jan
    thanks Mandy - was inspired by how slim you all were that day at Rufford - and was sick of having a wardrobe full of too tight clothes! Cant believe you were ever a 16-18 though , you certainly didnt look it.

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats an amazing achievement well done you! Well I weighed myself this morning and I weighed in at 11 stone 1 pound so I'm heavier than other day so my first official weigh in is 11.1

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I join too

I'm 5 1 & 1/2 (yes the half VERY important lol) I'm now 11.7 and size 14

I was 13.2 a year ago (size 16/18) and doing SW I lost two stone.
    I still do SW world, just don't pay to go can't afford to (my close friend is my consultant but she based in London and i'm outer London so she advises).

I want to get into a size 12 for September so I can wear a nice dress for my 10 wedding anniversary

I know what to do but I'm lacking the will power at the minute and then get upset/annoyed because I haven't tried today!!

I cook 'good' meals its the bits in between for me

We all with you auntym
    Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast