Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Really struggling this week too , does anyone use any of the over the counter slimming aids / pills. Maybe some of the mild stimulant ones ( not sure which they are though! Might also give me a bit of missing get up and go!) I know theyre not great longer term but really want to get into a lovely dress for sils wedding ( 9th July).
    i think they are dangerous hon. if you wanna do a quickfix for the wedding maybe try the shakes diet (I'm not a fan ) or seriously just ditch the carbs big time for a few weeks (no bread, pasta, peas, lentils, rice) eat loooooads of veggies with eggs, meat and fish and a bit of choccie to help you along so youre not totally deprived - it works. Then reintroduce them slowly.

good luck x
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

See Juggler I know youre right but getting desperate! Honestly dont think I'd last more than about a day on the shakes - and am already in danger of resembling a stirfry! I eat fish , chicken , veg and fruit atm - hardly any carbs apart from fruit ones , and its just getting over this plateau thats sooo frustrating!
    tell you what though , it is making me very determined never to put the weight back on!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

See Juggler I know youre right but getting desperate! Honestly dont think I'd last more than about a day on the shakes - and am already in danger of resembling a stirfry! I eat fish , chicken , veg and fruit atm - hardly any carbs apart from fruit ones , and its just getting over this plateau thats sooo frustrating!
    tell you what though , it is making me very determined never to put the weight back on!
    me either like my food too much - take my hat off to those who do it.

Watch for hidden carbs as well as the breads though hon, lentils, peas, beans, chick peas are a no-no and root vegetables are slightly more carby too so reduce them - go for the green leafy, tomatoes and peppers rather than the root veg and anything that is a bean or comes in a pod - though green beans are fine and so are avocados in moderation (good fats - yeay!). Eat apples when you are craving. Make sure you ditch breakfast cereal for a bit (fruit and/or meat/eggs for brekkie).

Also watch for reducing dairy or hidden dairys in salad dressing/foods with sauces and anything that has high fructose corn syrup on it and soups which are thickened with milk, cream, flour and potatoes.

It's a bit extreme as a way of life but for a short term, quick fix slash the lot. This way you can still eat loads.

Good luck. you can do it x
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello fellow dieters

Well I have been hiding away for a bit as I've had a busy couple of weeks and I've been very naught food wise!!

I didn't even go to my slimming world class last week cuz I had the DONT give a hoot attitude

Back to being good now though. Weigh-in tonight & I must have put on so will shrug my shoulders and say hay ho as I know I'm in the right frame of mind again to be good.

Hope your all feeling and being good with yourselves
    wow 2012 already

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Weighed in last night and am another 1lb lighter , hoping I hit the 1stone lost by next week ( 1 1/2 lbs to go).
    I do feel the need to have a bit of cake though as its Jellys birthday and it would be rude not to!

Happy Birthday Jelly x x

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Weighed in last night and am another 1lb lighter , hoping I hit the 1stone lost by next week ( 1 1/2 lbs to go).
    I do feel the need to have a bit of cake though as its Jellys birthday and it would be rude not to!

Happy Birthday Jelly x x
    Thank you No dieting for me today
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday day Jelly15!

I have been very naught for the two days this week and i have lost 1.5lb!! so im back on eatting healthly b4 my luck runs out!

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost 1lbs

I am now 9. 7 half lbs

Half a pound to go. I have now set this at my goal weight '9 half stone'...at slimming world you can go 3lbs over or 3lbs under.

maintaining it is gonna be a doddle
    wow 2012 already

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryp0ppins View Post
    I lost 1lbs

I am now 9. 7 half lbs

Half a pound to go. I have now set this at my goal weight '9 half stone'...at slimming world you can go 3lbs over or 3lbs under.

well done!! finger crossed that will be me in august 8 week n counting!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maryp0ppins View Post
    I lost 1lbs

I am now 9. 7 half lbs

Well done Mary

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Went on one of my walks yesterday, 12 miles along the Pembrkeshire Coastal Footpath, so I hoped I might have lost something but I have put on a pound . Still Monday morning, fresh start and all that.

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jelly15 View Post
    Went on one of my walks yesterday, 12 miles along the Pembrkeshire Coastal Footpath, so I hoped I might have lost something but I have put on a pound . Still Monday morning, fresh start and all that.
    That's brilliant regarding your VERY long walk.....probably muscle with all that walking you do so don't beat yourself up!!
    wow 2012 already

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning ladies Im a happy bunny today , weighed in last night and lost 2lb Im now only 1lb away from being a 'normal'!! weight ( 25bmi).
    Total loss 14 1/2 lb.
    The best bit for me is that I have lost every week since starting - only 1/2 some weeks but whenever I have dieted before it has been 1 step forward 2 steps back and a complete 'yoyo'. Its slow and frustrating but its working!! I might actually look ok at sils wedding ( next sat ) instead of like a sack of spuds!

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant, well done mamma.....you will look and feel gorgeous

I on the other hand have been good with food AND have been doing the 'Insanity' work out DVD every-evening (it's a killer) and put pound and half on......

I do hope it's just muscle weighing in as if what I have been eating + exercise puts weight on then someone for many years has been getting it wrong!!

In the right frame of mind still so I'm carrying on being good and doing Insanity and I'll have to see what happens next week .
    wow 2012 already

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Mama

Mary what is the Insanity work out?

I went to Zumba last night and tomorrow I am doing a sponsered Zumba of two hours

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am becoming a zumbaholic , infact dh and I had words this morning about how often I am out in the evenings but when Im at home I cant stay awake past 9pm!!
    Mary have you measured yourself? All that exercise is bound to be putting on muscle but I bet youre losing inches!

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It's from America if you YouTube it you will see how crazy it is

Insanity it's called. It's 40 minutes every night of pure cardio workout & it really is insane. My hubby is a gym freak but he has been doing the DVD with me & said he has never experienced a work out like it...the sweat just drips off us (attractive).
    wow 2012 already

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Mama thats great!

Ive just looked up the Insanity work out and looks mental! Im sure your fat has turned in to muscle, if your doing that dvd everyday! Maybe buy a new pair of jeans a size smaller and make it ur goal to fit in them! its worked for me I can now fit in my dress just need to loss some more lumpy bits!

im might have a goat the insanity work out! im bored of my jessie walace (Kat moon!), mel B and davina one's!

I love zumba on wii, cant do the classes, I never seemed to het bored!

Well ive lost 2lb this week! 10st. 5lb Circuit training and spining tonight!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well ladies if youre looking for a little inspiration....IM AT GOAL!!!
    If I can do it then so can you all! I actually want to lose another few pounds but as far as WW are concerned I am now within a healthy range. Its taken 10 weeks to lose 18lb, and for once I am very proud of myself.
    Wonder if MIL will notice at sils wedding on Saturday?

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Well ladies if youre looking for a little inspiration....IM AT GOAL!!!
    If I can do it then so can you all! I actually want to lose another few pounds but as far as WW are concerned I am now within a healthy range. Its taken 10 weeks to lose 18lb, and for once I am very proud of myself.
    Wonder if MIL will notice at sils wedding on Saturday?
    You did it, well done .

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast