Im Pregnant! (but only just)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Im Pregnant! (but only just)

Hi Everyone,
    wasnt sure were to post this, but here goes. Im pregnant....Finally after years of trying.
    Anyway my main question is what do i do about maternity pay and how long did you take off? I was thinking/hoping to leave 2 weeks before my due date then have another 2 weeks off with baby, is that what most people do?
    And during that 4 weeks can i only claim Satutory Maternity Pay? Im a little confused with things, i always thought id be simple but now im confused, baby brain maybe? Heehee.
    Thanks in Advance
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Im Pregnant! (but only just)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Yes you can claim SMP if you have paid national insurance above a certain band (not sure of the band though) Theres loads of info on the net so just google it.

Everyone is different with maternity leave. Suppose it is what ever you want or can afford to have off. I am having as long as poss off. As it stands at the mo, i am having 9 months off if our financial situation stays like it is now with my hubbys wage.

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

first of all congratulations on your news . i had a year off with my little one but i got maternity pay .best to try and have as long as you can tho
    xxxxxx

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh how lovely, sorry no advise to give, but as a Mummy who waited years just wanted to congratulate you. Enjoy every minute if you can , it passes toooo quickly

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

hi and congrats

im due tomorrow , you can calim maternity allowance at £124 a week if you have been paying class 2 national insurance or above , they pay it fortnightly or monthly ,

they only took a few weeks to sort mine out and back dated it , im takin the full 9 months of .

congrats again x
    heaven = bar of galaxy

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    wasnt sure were to post this, but here goes. Im pregnant....Finally after years of trying.
    Anyway my main question is what do i do about maternity pay and how long did you take off? I was thinking/hoping to leave 2 weeks before my due date then have another 2 weeks off with baby, is that what most people do?
    And during that 4 weeks can i only claim Satutory Maternity Pay? Im a little confused with things, i always thought id be simple but now im confused, baby brain maybe? Heehee.
    Thanks in Advance
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Thats what I'm doing when I pop in December. Congratulations by the way! I don't want Maternity leave for 26 weeks as I will only be working part time then anyway. I will be claiming maternity Allowance for the 3 weeks or so I am off.
    It's rubbish but it's better than nothing.

Good Luck with it all x
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your replies. And good luck 2 everyone who is pregnant or trying

So it seems a few take the 9 months off, do you loose all your minded children then? Or do you come up with an arrangement with the parents or are you just planning on advertising when you decide to return to work?

Sorry for all the questions, i dont mind going straight back to work but if i can then would maybe like to take 3-4 months off. We could afford it but i just dont want to loose the children i already have.

Again sorry for questions haha xxxx

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Sorry I have no advice, but I wish you a very happy pregnancy

xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!

A childminding friend had a baby and another childminder and I covered her work while she was off (6 months).

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I arnt sure what my parents are going to do. I love all my minded children and wouldnt liek to loose them but i am putting myself and my baby first for a few months and if the mindees decide to come back then brilliant if not then i will start all over again. It is least of my worries. Do whatever you feel is right.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnacy.

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

i ended all contract as when i return i want to work less hours, as i was abt 58 hours a week and it was just getting way to much towards the end of my pregnancy and no way do i want to work that when i start up again
    heaven = bar of galaxy

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks in Advance
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    with the first baby i left 2 weeks before my due date but i took 9 months maternity leave all paid. If u have been with ur employer for more than 6 months before u fell pregnant they will pay ur smp (satutory mat pay), if not then u have to apply for maternity allowance via the jobcentre. you apply for the full entitlement but can go back to work at anytime as long as u give pleanty of notice. if ur work has a staff handbook then they usualy say in there about ur entitlements. Its really simple tho. when ur 24 weeks pregnant ur midwife will give u at matb1 form which u need to give to ur employer and they will give it to the appropriate department. usualy payroll. With my 2nd baby i left it right til my due date to leave. Ur smp is calculated from the 12 weeks previous to you leaving, so how many hours u did and so on. i think the max amount per week is £122 u will receive for smp.. or there about. i cant remeber exactly. direct gov website is very useful tho.

LOOPYLISA Guest

Just wanted to say congratulations x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Again.
    Thanks for all your replies. Think im just going to see what happens throughout my pregnancy and decide nearer the time how long to have off. Im very early in my pregnancy so have a while to decide.
    Thanks again
    Cheers
    XX