Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223
    Registered Childminder since
    July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dee's Cambridge Diary

Hi Dee, how are things going for you?? X
    Louise x
    I believe in dragons, fairies, good men and other mythical creatures!

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAcorns View Post
    Hi Dee, how are things going for you?? X
    Hiya

I have to admit that I had struggled before I went away on holiday and just couldn't get back into the swing of it and decided that I wasn't doing myself any favours by keep starting and falling off the wagon again as I wasn't getting anywhere so decided just to eat sensibly and deal with it when I got home.

I have had reoccurring thyroid problems which hasn't helped either and has contributed to struggling to maintain my weight so before I went away I was 11lb heavier which did make a big difference to the size clothes that I was wearing but I refused to beat myself up about it and enjoy my holiday.

Well I did enjoy it obviously too much ......I ate far too much bread, cheese & ice cream. I also drank far too much beer and wine which are the worst offenders for sugar and calories and because my body wasn't used to dealing with them levels anymore it is needless to say that I put on a load of weight.

I knew that I had as my clothes were tighter when I got home. At that point I refused to step on the scales as I knew that I wasn't ready to deal with it but finally took myself in hand on Saturday morning and had such a shock.

Whilst away I had put on another 12lbs and to be honest I feel like a blob so went straight back to SS so am currently on day 4.

I have to lose the original 11lb plus the 12lb that I put on whilst away. I also still needed to lose at least another 1.5 stone after I finished Cambridge last year so in total need to shift a total of around 3 stone.

I feelvery motivated at the moment as once again am very unhappy with my size so wish me luck

Thanks for asking

Dee
    xxxx
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck Dee if anyone can do it it's you. You're sounded very motivated which is good!!!

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Dee, I am on day 2 after having a break - really motivated at the mo and hoping to be a size 14 by the end of the month - it will be 10 years since I was last that size! I tried the porridge for the first & last time today - Blurgh!

Glad you had a good holiday though xx
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Dee,

You have done amazingly well, and you're CD diary has quite clearly influenced a lot of members on the forum, so for that I hold my hat off to you, you are an amazing lady, always so helpful and never seem to stop working hard....so dont look back, keep that motivation going and look how far you have come!

we all have these blips, life does get in the way, the main thing is not to beat ourselves up!

I rejoined Slimming world last night, even though I hadnt left, Ive just spent the last 18months going up and down, so at start weight last night I was just 2lbs lighter than I was xmas 2007!!! BUT going to keep trying, I know what I need to do, just need to do it!!!

Great to chat Dee, Im not able to contribute as much as Id like but Im always here x
    Louise x
    I believe in dragons, fairies, good men and other mythical creatures!

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies

Yes Erin I am very motivated at the moment as am unhappy with how I look again and I really feel that success on Cambridge is down to how bad you feel about yourself - as we all know it is a drastic diet to do and can be very hard at times.

When I first did Cambridge last year I found it the easiest diet I have ever done but then I think that was because I really did dislike myself.....no I am lying I have to be honest and say that I HATED myself and really didn't want to look like that anymore.

I have made several attempts since February this year to try and get back on it again and lose the other 1.5 stone that I needed to but found it really difficult but that was because I didn't hate myself anymore- I was happy and weighed considerably less than I had in over 13 years.

I am now at a place where I don't hate how I look but am really not happy either so it really is time to deal with the problem as I will NEVER go back to how I was before Cambridge.

One thing I will say is that it has taught be a very valuable lesson as a CDC as I now know how my clients feel when they cannot manage to stick to the plan and have a better chance of helping them now to either re-evaluate or to stay on track.

Well done for getting back on track Sharon - I know that you can do it as you have done it before. I know what you mean about the porridge yuk yuk yuk!........Nigel went on Cambridge for nearly 2 weeks before we went away (he lost nearly 1.5 stone - men they make me sick ha ha) and he loved the porridge.

I really think the porridge is like Marmite - you either love it or you hate it there is no in between!

Thank you very much Louise I really appreciate the support and remember the huge support you gave me last year. Yes there ae now a lot of members doing/trying Cambridge on here now and it is really great to see and I am more than happy to help anyone who needs it. Well done for getting back on track with SW.....I know that you can do it

Hope you all have a good day

Love Dee
    xxxx
    Dee

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt have been able to do it without your support through here and texts etc I would have given up after the 1st few days with that councellor but now thanks to you I am 5 stone 5lbs lighter

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise2613 View Post
    I wouldnt have been able to do it without your support through here and texts etc I would have given up after the 1st few days with that councellor but now thanks to you I am 5 stone 5lbs lighter

Aaaww thank you Louise

As I told you many times I was always more than happy to help and support as I know how hard it can be - it was a shame that you had such a bad CDC in the beginning.

I was really lucky in that I had a fantastic CDC and she was always there for me and I do feel that I couldn't have done it without her help and support especially in those first few weeks.

Hope you ok?

Dee
    xxx
    Dee

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck dee with the rest of your journey

I am going back onto cd after my hols (monday yippeee) as I just can't focus on slimming world, and have now maintained give or take a few pounds on/off/on again since May

I need to lose the rest of this weight, it feels very odd for me know though, as I am in a 14 bottom and 12 top, but still overweight I thought I would be happy, as the jeans I wear I bought before having dd (5 at end of august!!) and they have looked so tiny next to when I was a size 18/20

So looking at joining you all again in Sept, I just want to enjoy my hols

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    good luck dee with the rest of your journey

I am going back onto cd after my hols (monday yippeee) as I just can't focus on slimming world, and have now maintained give or take a few pounds on/off/on again since May

I need to lose the rest of this weight, it feels very odd for me know though, as I am in a 14 bottom and 12 top, but still overweight I thought I would be happy, as the jeans I wear I bought before having dd (5 at end of august!!) and they have looked so tiny next to when I was a size 18/20

So looking at joining you all again in Sept, I just want to enjoy my hols
    I know what you mean about trying to lose weight via 'conventional' diets......I was the same hence the reason I never managed to shift that last 1.5 stone that I needed to.

I know that I can maintain my weight (as long as I don't go away on holiday ha ha) fairly easily but just struggled to loose anymore....

It is funny isn't it how even though we have lost huge amounts of weight we still aren't happy with ourselves. I was happy for a while but now that I have got used to and adjusted to my new size I am no longer happy. Nigel says that yes he can see I have put on a little weight but not a huge amount and cannot understand why I appear to be so unhappy about it.

But I look at myself and feel fat again....ok not as bad as I was but I still feel fat hence the reason back to Cambridge.

I am sure that you will have a fab holiday and you can deal with the remaining weight when you get back.

Dee
    xxx
    Dee

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

sending you a wave

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223