Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to my Diet

Daddy Day Care Guest

Default Back to my Diet

Ok time for me to join here.

I started dieting at the start of April, I wnated to feel comftable when I walked along the beach topless whilst on holiday. I didnt wnana joing any weight loss groups so did it on my own, weighed myslef once a week same day and time.

I wasnt huge, im 5"10 and at the time and weighed 14s 5lb I wanteds to get down to 12s 5lb which accoridng to the machine in town I weigh myself in would be my ideal weight the my height.

I didnt know how I would do because I lived on Junk Food, I use to have at least 2 litres of coke a day, 3 chocolate bars a day and 2 packs of crisps a day and thats not taking into account cakes and other fatty foods.

I thoguht I would struggle to give tho up, but for the 9 weeks before my holiday, I didnt touch any of it, drank Water and water only, swapped chocolate for fruit. My mainm meals were healthier, not brilliant but much better.

Anyway In 9 weeks I went from 14s 5lb to 12s 12lb, Was a little gutted I hadnt reached the wieght I wanted to but it was still 20lbs off so was a little pleased.

On holiday the diet stopped, I wnated to enjoy myself and ate what I wnated to, I put 8 lbs on the week we was away

Since being home I've not been able to get going again, Weighed myslef today and back up to 13s 10lb. My jeans have started to feel a little tight again, so really wnat to get back on track.

Just spent loads on salad (yuck) and fruit (yuck) and I'm determined to get to 12s 5lb.

May get grumpy like i did first time i started dieting, so please bear with me

Gareth

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Back to my Diet

Well you did it once you can do it again.
    We will give you all the encouragement you need.
    So it will be diet coke or water for you in the Pub Thread then
    Anyway, joking aside, Good luck
    Needs to Zumba

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

you did it before so can do it again if you want too, my hubby wants to loose weight he lost a stone and a half so far but is finding it hard as he likes his beer and snacks to much in the evening, hes just trying to make small changes such as cutting down on the snacks and having treat size bars of chocolate instead of the big ones, i tink he feels this will be easyier yo stick to

good luck let us know how you get on with it

charlotte x

LOOPYLISA Guest

Good luck

Daddy Day Care Guest

Thanks Ladies, I did find it easy firts time, but since I stopped my diet chocolate ahs tasted so much nicer lol gunna find it harder to give up this time.

I cant have the treat size bars, because once i get the taste of it id have to have several, so will cut it out totally.

I dont very often drink at home all tho I did several nights in the last week, so that shoudlnt be to much of a problem, saying that still got 6 cans of carling in the fridge and I konw they will tmept me tongiht as they are sitting there

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post
    Thanks Ladies, I did find it easy firts time, but since I stopped my diet chocolate ahs tasted so much nicer lol gunna find it harder to give up this time.

I cant have the treat size bars, because once i get the taste of it id have to have several, so will cut it out totally.

I dont very often drink at home all tho I did several nights in the last week, so that shoudlnt be to much of a problem, saying that still got 6 cans of carling in the fridge and I konw they will tmept me tongiht as they are sitting there
    I'd get them cans down and out of the way
    Needs to Zumba

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

if you dont drink them they will taunt you every time you open the fridge, so perhaps its best to drink them sooner rather than later

i know what you mean though once ive opened the biscuit tin theres not much point of putting it back

charlotte x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I find its best to get rid of all your temptations, i send my older kids to the shop for me and give them the money i save on not buying myself choccie

I have not been so bad for sweet stuff since i lost most of my weight but since my hols i have not got into the cooking and have been doing kids meals then getting takeaway for me and dh

Good luck and keep us posted

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok time for me to join here.

I started dieting at the start of April, I wnated to feel comftable when I walked along the beach topless whilst on holiday. I didnt wnana joing any weight loss groups so did it on my own, weighed myslef once a week same day and time.

I wasnt huge, im 5"10 and at the time and weighed 14s 5lb I wanteds to get down to 12s 5lb which accoridng to the machine in town I weigh myself in would be my ideal weight the my height.

I didnt know how I would do because I lived on Junk Food, I use to have at least 2 litres of coke a day, 3 chocolate bars a day and 2 packs of crisps a day and thats not taking into account cakes and other fatty foods.

I thoguht I would struggle to give tho up, but for the 9 weeks before my holiday, I didnt touch any of it, drank Water and water only, swapped chocolate for fruit. My mainm meals were healthier, not brilliant but much better.

Anyway In 9 weeks I went from 14s 5lb to 12s 12lb, Was a little gutted I hadnt reached the wieght I wanted to but it was still 20lbs off so was a little pleased.

On holiday the diet stopped, I wnated to enjoy myself and ate what I wnated to, I put 8 lbs on the week we was away

Since being home I've not been able to get going again, Weighed myslef today and back up to 13s 10lb. My jeans have started to feel a little tight again, so really wnat to get back on track.

Just spent loads on salad (yuck) and fruit (yuck) and I'm determined to get to 12s 5lb.

May get grumpy like i did first time i started dieting, so please bear with me

Gareth
    I'm trying to diet we could motivate each other....want to lose 2stone by xams....started on the 8 pints of water a day today...had pasta for tea

Daddy Day Care Guest

2 stone is around what I wanna loose but I wanna loose it by Halloween, sounds good motivating each other .

Dont rely on this lot for support, tut tut at orkise and charlotte telling me to drin the Lager, sitting here with me water.

had a small jacket pot with cucumber and tomato for dinner, and a apple and banana afterwards.

Starving now but I can do it......i think

Gareth
    xx

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

2 stone is around what I wanna loose but I wanna loose it by Halloween, sounds good motivating each other .

Dont rely on this lot for support, tut tut at orkise and charlotte telling me to drin the Lager, sitting here with me water.

had a small jacket pot with cucumber and tomato for dinner, and a apple and banana afterwards.

Starving now but I can do it......i think

Gareth
    xx
    Actually I am about to have a vodka and coke but first one in 3 days can';t let hubby drink on his own....

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Gareth.

As the others have said you have done it once you can do it again!

Dee
    xx
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gareth, could you not eat a little more for dinner like i have a chicken breast marinaded with nandos garlic and herb marinade (very low fat and avaliable from Tesco) a big salad, and a jacket potato all that for 5 weight watchers points.
    Then i have one treat a day be it a weight watchers frozen dessert or a weight watchers yogurt of chocolate pot. If it wasnt for the sweet weight watchers range i think i would have given in by now as i love chocolate and havent had it for 3 weeks (apart from weight watchers)

Good luck!!!

Daddy Day Care Guest

Ok A week into my diet...

Well apart form the fact I got totally hamemrd yesterday, I also went mcdonalds mid afternoon, and went and got takeway to eat on the way home, so was a real bad day.

Iv'e not had a good week at all to be honest, I took the kids mcdonalds on thursday promised I wouldnt get anytihng to eat, wasnt untill I was almost finsihed my large quaterpounder with cheese meal that I rememberd I shouldnt be eating it.

I dont normaly drink much at home but last week I drank most nights.

I did well the first 2 days but after that its been a downward spiral, the only thing ive really done is kept of the chocolate and coke.

So really didnt wanan weigh myself today, but I did annnnnnnnnnnnn

I lost 2lb not laods I know but the week ive had I was shocked and very pleased.

If I can loose that and eat and drink what i did this week, I expect to loose loads this week if I manage to be strict.

Gareth
    xx

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Gareth. I didn't have a good week either cos it was me birthday and I ate for England. Needless to say I put 2.5 lbs on at weigh in tonight. It would have been the big box of Thornton's chocolates, the pub lunch and the kebab!!!! Don't care, it was my birthday and I SO wanted that kebab!!! Must try harder next week! I sometimes think the scales are fixed cos I can eat like mad and lose 2lbs and another week be really good and put it on!! Just keep going and don't try TOO hard.
    Sue

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you doing DDC?
    Toothfairy

Daddy Day Care Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Toothfairy View Post
    How are you doing DDC?
    Lost 2lbs the first week, in which i didnt really diet just cut out the chocolate and crisps.

2nd week weigh in is monday, think ive done better this week, only wekeness at the moment is cider lol

Gareth
    xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Stay off the cider though ( the apples in it dont count as one of your 5 a day )

Daddy Day Care Guest

Are you sure???? ive been forcing ymself to have 5 ciders a night just to get my 5 a day in

Gareth
    xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast