Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Susan's CD diet :)

Well i start today, cut down on my carbs over the last 3 days and increased my water, i am doing sole source for 2 weeks the cdc suggested the plus after that, my cdc was lovely and had a couple of ladies come to get food and weight checked whilst i was there and they were very nice and gave me some tips

I got a mix of soups, porridge and shakes, not sure what i want to try first, got a quiet day today and nothing planned for the weekend so i will hopefully get the hard bit over with

Im excited and nervous at the same time

Susan

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Susan's CD diet :)

Good luck , I am on day 5 and have found it suprisingly easy so far - I am loving not having to think about food its like a holiday for that part of my brain lol! I prefer the choc & the cappacino shakes best and had soup at night while hubby eats to try and feel normal. I am still waitng for the rough day as tbh the worst I had was a bad headache 2 nights running on Monday & Tuesday. Get shaking (or blending lol)
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Susan

I am coming to the end of week 4 and I have to say that it has got easier. 2nd week I had a bit of a blip but all back on track now x

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, hope it goes well.
    Ali xx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Susan

Hope it goes well.

How are you coping so far?

Dee
    xx
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Day 3 for me and i am finding it quite easy, not had much in the way of headaches and not really tired as such but then i have had 2 easy days and the same for the next 2, i am finding it hard to like anything up to now, tried the chocolate and cappachino shakes they were ok, not keen on fruits of the forest, i found the chilli and the chicken and mushrooms soups ok suprisingly, the porridge was so salty though

Going to try and water them down more today and see if that helps, i have even got used to black coffee

Touch wood things keep ok for me

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Feeling it tonight my ever supportive husband has got the 3rd takeaway in 3 nights

I dont know wether to cry or to kill him

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately mine was the same Susan........I remember barracading myself in my bedroom and speaking to Angel as he had brought an indian takeaway into the house and knew that I couldn't trust myself to leave the room until all evidence had gone.

Sometimes people (or in our case our men) just don't think and until they go through it they have absolutely no idea what it is like.

Stay strong sweetie just think of all that weight you are going to lose.

Dee
    xx
    Dee

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dee, i got through it

Woke up this morning and i am feeling really good, full of energy but nothing to do

Trying to talk dh into going shopping but he is not having any of it, going to email my cdc to see if i can swap some sachets really cant to the porridge or the cappachino and i have about 6 so 2 days worth

I have watered the shakes down and they are better

Really excited for Thursday as i can already feel i have lost, my jeans are not nipping me today

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad things are going well Susan

I find that most of the shakes are too sweet for me and I tend to water them down a bit anyway. The recommended amount of water is 227ml but a majority of them I mix with 300ml of water. The only one I don't is the chocolate but even then I still mix it with 250ml's of water so is more diluted than they recommend.

The other trick to these shakes is to have the water as cold as you can. I use one of the shakers and I just fill it to the 300ml and leave it sitting in the back of the fridge. Then when I want my shake I just add the powder, shake it and hey presto. After I have finished I then fill it back up again and pop straight back in fridge ready for next one.

I am sure that your CDC will change the sachets for you.....most will as there really is no point forcing a client to have those that they really don't like otherwise it ends up putting them off so I don't see it as a problem.

HTH

Dee
    xx
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    Glad things are going well Susan

I find that most of the shakes are too sweet for me and I tend to water them down a bit anyway. The recommended amount of water is 227ml but a majority of them I mix with 300ml of water. The only one I don't is the chocolate but even then I still mix it with 250ml's of water so is more diluted than they recommend.

The other trick to these shakes is to have the water as cold as you can. I use one of the shakers and I just fill it to the 300ml and leave it sitting in the back of the fridge. Then when I want my shake I just add the powder, shake it and hey presto. After I have finished I then fill it back up again and pop straight back in fridge ready for next one.

I am sure that your CDC will change the sachets for you.....most will as there really is no point forcing a client to have those that they really don't like otherwise it ends up putting them off so I don't see it as a problem.

HTH

Dee
    xx
    Whats a shaker Dee?

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise2613 View Post
    Whats a shaker Dee?
    Hiya

It is a plastic container that is made by Cambridge especially to make up your shakes. It has measuring markers so that you can see how much liquid you are putting in there and has a red lid.

It also has a small grate that goes inside the top which helps to ensure that the powder and water are mixed properly.

So you fill with water to the required level add the powder. Then put on the grate and lid and shake away - has to be done quite vigourously. It also has a spout so you can either drink it straight from the shaker or pour into a glass.

I sell them for £5.00 each so will not break the bank and I have used one since I first started last year.

Ask your CDC she should have some if she hasn't then she can get one on her next stock order.

HTH

Dee
    xx
    Dee

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

How's it going Susan, was the weekend hard? It was my 1st weekend on plan and it was easier than I expected - didn't miss the vino as much as I thought!
    [I]Sharon

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My weekend was ok, today i have found hard think its with all the running around, i am starving today

Off to see my cdc now to get some sachets changed, must admit i have felt very concious today as everyone has commented on my weight loss, not sure if its a good or bad thing, im sure some of the playground mums thought i was using something illegal

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol - the mum's round here are far to self obsessed to notice any one else If anyone asks me outright I'll tell them what I'm doing but I shant broadcast it. Stick your head up high and think thin
    [I]Sharon

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to see my cdc to get shakes changed, anyway i got weighed and have lost 6.5lbs in 5 days

Got enough now until Monday when i will get weighed and inches checked, she said i moghjt want to start introducing the 200cal meal at the weekend

I am so pleased, cant believe how quick i lost it

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done - its great isn't it
    [I]Sharon

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on your loss be pleased your losing lots and dont worry what others think
    Marie.

LOOPYLISA Guest

Well done you,

Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast