Emma's Cambridge Diet Diary
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 16 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Emma's Cambridge Diet Diary

Well I am now armed................................

with 21 shakes and soups All set to go 2moro, I am excited but nervous. Have measured myself and logged it and counsellor weighed me

I will probably moan an awful lot and be very grumpy so sending my apologies now

LOOPYLISA Guest

Default Re: Louise's Cambridge Diet Diary

Wishing you all the luck in the world

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Moan away if it helps i have thick skin lol

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Louise

Angel xx

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise2613 View Post
    Well I am now armed................................

with 21 shakes and soups All set to go 2moro, I am excited but nervous. Have measured myself and logged it and counsellor weighed me

I will probably moan an awful lot and be very grumpy so sending my apologies now
    Im sure you will be fine Louise x Im just coming to the end of day 3 now and feel great, which I find strange as most people say this is the hardest day

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Louise

Don't forget to let us know how you are getting on and give us a shout if you need help

Dee
    xxx
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone x

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you had your breakfast shake yet Louise?

Dee
    Dee

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    Have you had your breakfast shake yet Louise?

Dee
    Hi Dee,

yes I had it at 8am - fruits of the forest!! I am feeling very positive today but its only 9am When will my body go into ketosis (sp) and how will I know if it is or not?

Im a little worried about tomorrow as we are going out for the day so not sure how i'll manage to get my lunchtime shake.

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Louise

The average time it takes to go into ketosis is 3-5 days but it really does depend on the individual.

I am one of the lucky ones who starts to go in at the end of day 2 beginning day 3 so it happens quite quickly for me.

The best way is to check your urine.........you can get a product called Ketostix which you dip into your urine and it will tell you if you are in Ketosis or not.

I usually give my clients some when they first start as it is usful to know how quickly they go into ketosis. Obviously your Counsellor didn't give you any but if you want to get some then you can get them from Boots/Chemist they cost around £5-6 for a tub of them.

Tomorrow - you can also get ready made up products from your Counsellor. They are called Tetra Briks and come in 3 flavours -banana, strawberry & chocolate. They come in quite handy for such days when you are out and about.

You could also get a shaker and just pour the required amount of water into it and then add the powder, shake it up and hey presto.

If you haven't got either Tetra Briks or a shaker why not give Counsellor a quick call and ask if you could get some.

HTH

Dee
    Dee

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for today and the weekend. Stay focused and you will suceed
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    Hi Louise

The average time it takes to go into ketosis is 3-5 days but it really does depend on the individual.

I am one of the lucky ones who starts to go in at the end of day 2 beginning day 3 so it happens quite quickly for me.

The best way is to check your urine.........you can get a product called Ketostix which you dip into your urine and it will tell you if you are in Ketosis or not.

I usually give my clients some when they first start as it is usful to know how quickly they go into ketosis. Obviously your Counsellor didn't give you any but if you want to get some then you can get them from Boots/Chemist they cost around £5-6 for a tub of them.

Tomorrow - you can also get ready made up products from your Counsellor. They are called Tetra Briks and come in 3 flavours -banana, strawberry & chocolate. They come in quite handy for such days when you are out and about.

You could also get a shaker and just pour the required amount of water into it and then add the powder, shake it up and hey presto.

If you haven't got either Tetra Briks or a shaker why not give Counsellor a quick call and ask if you could get some.

HTH

Dee
    She was a bit of a drippy dora actually she said not to have the brix or ready mades until I have been on it for 2 weeks, i'll fill a bottle with the water ready then and add the sachet when its time and shake away

Just rang the chemist and they sell the ketostix for £5.00 so we are going out for a walk to pick some up

Thanks Dee

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise2613 View Post
    She was a bit of a drippy dora actually she said not to have the brix or ready mades until I have been on it for 2 weeks, i'll fill a bottle with the water ready then and add the sachet when its time and shake away

Just rang the chemist and they sell the ketostix for £5.00 so we are going out for a walk to pick some up

Thanks Dee
    Can't understand why she told you not to have the Tetra's yet

There is no reason why you can't have them but they don't recommend that you have more than one a day.

It is the bars that you shouldn't have for the first week or two so really puzzled as to why she said no to them!

Sounds like you have a good plan anyway

That is a good price for the Ketostix......well worth paying for as it would be interesting to know how quickly you go into ketosis.

Best time to test is first thing in the morning. I have a dedicated wee bowl and then dip the stick in for the required 15 seconds. The tub will give you full instructions but as long as the stick goes pink then you are in Ketosis. If it stay beige then you are not in yet.

There is no degree's of Ketosis as such - you are either in or out so if the stick goes dark purple then it doesn't mean you are in a better level of ketosis it actually means that you are dehydrated and need to take on more water. You are aiming for one of the first 2 shades of pink.

The best time for you to start testing would be Saturday morning as this is the beginning of day 3. The reason it is better to test first thing in the morning is that as you drink more fluid throughout the day you will weaken the Ketones and it could end up showing negative when you are actually in Ketosis but been diluted due to amount of fluid.

If you are not in Ketosis on Saturday morning then don't panic it is normal but if you are then you are one of the lucky ones who goes into Ketosis quite quickly. If not then just test again Sunday morning and so on until you know that you are in.

HTH

Dee
    xxx
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

End of day 1.......

Well its been hard, the homemade shepherds pie at lunch was calling to me oh it smelt lush but I left it alone. The vegetable soup at lunch was absolutely disgusting and I gagged on it big time I will not be having that again, I had summer fruits i think it is for breakfast - that was ok and for tea I had choc mint - this was lovely but I made this with filtered water from the fridge rather than tap water and it was much better.

I have been quite light headed today and shattered not sure if this is down to all the water 4.5 litres and lack of food or if I am just tired generally?!

I have a slight headache lingering so I am off up to bed to chill out away from the kitchen cupboards

Post Thanks / Like

Well done for getting through today

Angel xx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

well done for day 1

think 4.5 lt is a bit too much though if your body not used to it all, it can do you more harm than good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    well done for day 1

think 4.5 lt is a bit too much though if your body not used to it all, it can do you more harm than good
    I have been have 2+ litres the past week, 4.5 includes the water mixed with shakes too!!

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

well done for getting through day 1 Louise xx

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

well done for getting thru day 1, hope day 2 is better for you.
    Marie.

Jan '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope today has been better for you xx

Page 1 of 16 12345 ... LastLast