Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weight Watchers v Slimming World?

After seeing a side on photograph of myself during Parkrun today, something has to be done! I realise that it would be rare to get a flattering photo of anyone during a 5k run, but seriously! I need to lose about a stone just off my face and chin.

About 4 years ago I lost a couple of stone with Slimming World, but have gradually put it all back on. Our very local one has closed down, sadly, but there is a weight watchers and a slimming world equal distance from home. I don't know anything about ww though. Does anyone have a preference?

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    After seeing a side on photograph of myself during Parkrun today, something has to be done! I realise that it would be rare to get a flattering photo of anyone during a 5k run, but seriously! I need to lose about a stone just off my face and chin.

About 4 years ago I lost a couple of stone with Slimming World, but have gradually put it all back on. Our very local one has closed down, sadly, but there is a weight watchers and a slimming world equal distance from home. I don't know anything about ww though. Does anyone have a preference?
    I did weight watchers about 25 years ago and although it worked I was always hungry! I have heard though things have changed and some swear by it. I tried slimming world and that didn't work for me at all so now I go to a weekly exercise and healthy eating class that started off under the umbrella of Rosemary Connelly and when she went bust the franchisee took over and made it her own. She is only in Thurrock. I think everyone eventually finds what works for them so good luck.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris is correct in that everyone eventually finds what works for them. I read 'somewhere' that the average dieter 'thinks' about loosing weight for 10 years before they seriously do anything about it and this more or less applied to me. I've tried them all. But slimming world 'worked' this time because I was in the right frame of mind and mental attitude is extremely importance. Otherwise I think all diets are basically the same.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I did really well with ww and got to gold about 3 years ago - much of the weight has crept back on and ive got to get motivated to try again. I did like ww , but to be honest anything where i had to turn up every week and get weighed would have probably had the same effect. I used to like the rosemary conley classes as they included an exercise class at the weigh in.

7. Likes Maza liked this post