Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Losing weight through exercise

Hi

I've dieted a few times over the past few years, trying to lose baby weight. However, the weight has come back on and I want to try exercising rather than dieting this time. However, I'm not sure what to do, since I've never done much in the way of exercise. I used to enjoy swimming, but due to an inner ear imbalance, I can no longer do this. My local gym overlooks the swimming pool, so this is also out. Any ideas?

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done weight watchers in the past and just self discipline but as you say once you get back to 'normal' eating the weight just goes back on plus more! I joined a Rosemary Conley class 18 months ago and I love it!!I don't know what part of the country you are in but I'm sure you'll find a class if you Google it. The classes are a great support and you will really feel a part of a team as opposed to Weight Watchers where I felt an individual. The exercise is great and for any age/ability, in our class we have members from early 20's to 65+. You get out what you put in and there are DVD's that you can buy to do at home for extra exercise or if there is not a class near you. I've lost a stone and would like to lose another stone and a half but even when I do I think I'll probably keep going for the exercise and to meet up with all my new friends. Good luck.

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

I go jogging. I have worked myself to about 3k. I even did a run for cancer research. I put my music on and see some pretty little lanes and animals. I hate the gym. Not been for about three weeks though as keep getting sore throats BOO!

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I find that joining a group of people who do exercise together is the best way. If you go to the gym by yourself you just get bored. I've been on a 'Bootcamp' since February and have lost loads of weight and feel fitter and stronger. We meet two or three times a week. The best exercise so far is 'Spin' using the static bikes. Makes you work so hard! I also use a Fitbit Flex. A little wristband that monitors how many steps/calories you do. It also shows how well you sleep at night.
    You can find out about it here: Fitbit
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a theory you can't out exercise bad nutrition so weightloss is 80% food and 20% exercise. you can maximise your exercise for weightloss at home or in the gym or out by just doing 10-15 mins per day but flat out. So run at speed after a warm up - up and down the stairs - or lunges, star jumps push ups in the kitchen - do 50 sec slots followed by 10-20 sec rest periods. it works
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

6. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a friend for support, you won't want to let each other down by giving it a miss one week which then becomes two weeks and so on x