Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hello - can I join?

Hi can I join this forum please??

I'm 40 and in the last 2 years I have started craving chocolate and sweet things. I have therefore put on a lot of weight. I am now over 3 stone heavier than 4 years ago which was a year after having my youngest child.

I've always had a sweet tooth but this is just a craving and its ridiculous that I just need to eat sweet stuff and when I do lots of it!

I'm reasonably active with kids but walk at a slow toddler pace and work til 6 or 7 so don't feel like exercising in the evening. My husband leaves for work at 5am so I can't go gym or anything in mornings.

If I don't eat regularly I get headaches and nausea - sometimes even sickness so I don't want to stop eating or cut back too much.

My nurse was really concerned about my health when I went for my pill check and said I need to lose weight and that she was going to see if she could make an appt for dietician and also get me exercise on prescription. This is the opposite of the dr who just told me to stop eating sweet stuff (!) which i had asked him for advice on how to stop doing cos I just get these cravings. I asked if it was to do with age or hormones or pill and he just treated me as if I was stupid. Then asked if I was a depressed. Feel like he didn't take me seriously at all.

Anyway I've not heard anything from the nurse at all so I'm thinking because she was new she thought it was a good idea and actually the practice isn't that supportive of this kind of thing.

Any suggestions on what I could do to help? I would really like to eat food that is good for me that will stop me having cravings - does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bluebell, have you tried slimming world, you can eat all day on that diet as long as you do on the right things, not too much is
    restricted and at my group there are lots of good weight losses, I love the extra easy plan and have been with them for 10 years, have
    a look at their website and they have plenty of info on there. good luck
    Cath

3. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I second that. Slimming World is great. x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would be concerned about the craving for sweet things and def. ask for blood tests and a referral to a nutritionist or dietician. There could be underlying problems especially related to the headaches etc.

My best advice is an eat natural or caveman diet. I turned 40 and found it hard to shift weight. I cut carbs down and lost a bit but at 42 I nailed it when I came across the caveman diet. I've kept it off 3 years now without following too strictly.

Basically eat natural. meat, fish, veggies - as much veggies as you want. Fruits, eggs - limited carbs (a fistful max) and keep them non manufactured if possible so rice and potatoes if poss rather than pasta and bread.

You are healthier, feel full all the time and it works. If you are interested I can pm you the eating list of do's and don'ts which is really easy to follow and I cheated a little even on the strict 30 day initial period (i.e. still had wine and chocs at weekends).
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

6. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i would be concerned about the craving for sweet things and def. ask for blood tests and a referral to a nutritionist or dietician. There could be underlying problems especially related to the headaches etc.

My best advice is an eat natural or caveman diet. I turned 40 and found it hard to shift weight. I cut carbs down and lost a bit but at 42 I nailed it when I came across the caveman diet. I've kept it off 3 years now without following too strictly.

Basically eat natural. meat, fish, veggies - as much veggies as you want. Fruits, eggs - limited carbs (a fistful max) and keep them non manufactured if possible so rice and potatoes if poss rather than pasta and bread.

You are healthier, feel full all the time and it works. If you are interested I can pm you the eating list of do's and don'ts which is really easy to follow and I cheated a little even on the strict 30 day initial period (i.e. still had wine and chocs at weekends).
    Could I have the list please? I would like to lose 2 stone before my op if possible x

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I join this too please. Dont want to go into personal ins and out on here but I need to eat better also. have a terrible sweet tooth!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi could I possible have this list too? I'm about 1 stone heavier than I want to be. Just can't find the will power to stop the chocolate!!
    I feel hungry whenever I diet so this sounds interesting. X

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you - I definitely like the idea of eating things that will fill me up and cut the cravings. Often I get the cravings even though I have tried to eat a decent meal to stop me being hungry though!

I'd really love if you could PM the caveman diet - I've never heard of it.
    I've heard of slimming world but never really looked into it so will look into that too.

Thank you x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

here go.

MY TIPS TO FOLLOW IT

you don't have to follow it 100% if you find it really hard to give up rice/pasta/bread initially just keep them small portions or just have them at weekends. I cheated. I had wine and chocs at the weekend and still had milk and a sugar in my coffee and tea but I was really strict with the carbs.

It's easier to do with evening meals as you can fill up on veggies but harder for breakfast if you haven't got time to cook, egg, bacon, tomatoes so half:half it so a slice of toast WITH fruit

remember if you do eat rice or pasta of an evening do it IDEALLY after you have done 10 minutes of exercise or after a class you attend (find something that works for you and makes you out of breath - some lunges, up and down stairs starjumps and if you can bodyweight exercises (push ups) whatever makes your heart race - 10 mins is enough) but it's using your large muscles in legs and arms that counts. If you don't feel able don't worry too much REMEMBER its 80% about what you eat and only 20% down to exercise but exercising for 10 mins kickstarts your fat burning for the next 24 hours so you only need to do it every other day.

but other than that easy rules, eat natural stuff that isn't put together which naturally excludes most refined carbs and Fatty dairy products.

happy to chat on PM if anyone wants to know my other cheats - and I did.

good luck. let me know how you find it.

xx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Tracey View Post
    Could I have the list please? I would like to lose 2 stone before my op if possible x
    Gail What are you having done???

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Thank you - I definitely like the idea of eating things that will fill me up and cut the cravings. Often I get the cravings even though I have tried to eat a decent meal to stop me being hungry though!

I'd really love if you could PM the caveman diet - I've never heard of it.
    I've heard of slimming world but never really looked into it so will look into that too.

Thank you x

i am like you hun - whatever I eat I like a nibble later in teh evening. This programme allows you to eat fruit or nuts. Nuts are only a handfull so I used to buy those monkey nuts in shells so it took me longer to break in and eat them and felt like I'd had loads more - lol!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Gail What are you having done???
    im having a laparoscopy with laser treatment or maybe no laser and be closed up for a hysterectomy later x

all good fun and would like to have a flatter stomach to make it easier. Cant do too much exercise at the moment either because the endometriosis is in my pelvis so my hips are really painful most of the time too

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

im having a laparoscopy with laser treatment or maybe no laser and be closed up for a hysterectomy later x

all good fun and would like to have a flatter stomach to make it easier. Cant do too much exercise at the moment either because the endometriosis is in my pelvis so my hips are really painful most of the time too
    oh honey - poor you. I'm getting referred to have the lining of my womb lasered and possibly hysterectory - lol - sorry if TMI. But I'm lucky enough that I don't have any pains really just ridiculously heavy bleeding which is stopping me from normal functioning even on the pill and taking tranexamic acid it's awful.

the trials of womanhood. hope the laparoscopy works.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

oh honey - poor you. I'm getting referred to have the lining of my womb lasered and possibly hysterectory - lol - sorry if TMI. But I'm lucky enough that I don't have any pains really just ridiculously heavy bleeding which is stopping me from normal functioning even on the pill and taking tranexamic acid it's awful.

the trials of womanhood. hope the laparoscopy works.
    To be fair I will be happy with the hysto otherwise I will be going through it again in 5/6 years x I was lasered when ds was a baby n hes almost 7 so it doesnt take long x

Good luck with yours x it sounds like a similar process x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair I will be happy with the hysto otherwise I will be going through it again in 5/6 years x I was lasered when ds was a baby n hes almost 7 so it doesnt take long x

Good luck with yours x it sounds like a similar process x
    thanks hon. i am hoping that I will be period free in 5/6 years so hoping that this lasering will keep me going until I hit the big M. if you want the hysto can you push to have it done?

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to take Tranaxemic Acid for heavy bleeding - it's like carrying a brick around, no fun at all... xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks hon. i am hoping that I will be period free in 5/6 years so hoping that this lasering will keep me going until I hit the big M. if you want the hysto can you push to have it done?
    Not sure x I have my ultrasound tuesday so we will see from there x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure x I have my ultrasound tuesday so we will see from there x
    good luck xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funemnx View Post
    I had to take Tranaxemic Acid for heavy bleeding - it's like carrying a brick around, no fun at all... xx
    its not. TMI but I have to use super duper size and double protection, the pill and tranexamic and I still can't keep it to a level where I can function normally

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have to have a historectomy but tried the Myrena Coil which helped me loads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast