Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5 weeks to lose 1.5 stone

Back in 2009 I started my weight loss journey with Cambridge because of an impending holiday with a "friend" of my sons coming along. I started in July and by November I had lost 4 stone. Slowly it has crept back up again but now I have new purpose and am starting again.

I am off to Bali in 5 weeks to meet my mum and my sisters for a bit of R & R and am sad to say I don't like the way I look ):

Sooooooooooooo

I weighed in on Friday night and my aim is now to lose a minimum of 1.5 stone by Friday 18th October when I take off for sunny weather and hopefully a suitcase full of clothes that once fitted me.

Anyone else with Cambridge or who is just starting this week, join the post and keep it updated with your losses...
    Debbie

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh you did well in 2009! good luck this time too and have a super holiday in Oct. xx

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck!! I'm on weight watchers at the moments and have lost 2 stone since February, although really need to get back into it as been slacking a bit recently! I have another stone to lost before my wedding in May.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Good luck!! I'm on weight watchers at the moments and have lost 2 stone since February, although really need to get back into it as been slacking a bit recently! I have another stone to lost before my wedding in May.
    Well done-keep up the good work your nearly there xx

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Scrubbit View Post

Well done-keep up the good work your nearly there xx
    Thank you! Been on holiday this week so it's more likely to be about 1.5 to lose now lol xx

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to lose a little for my wedding in April but getting nowhere. I'm not on any particular diet as I know I won't stick to them but I have cut down on portion sizes of food and upped the exercise.(never really did any before). I've even started on the acai berry tablets which haven't made a difference (was alway sceptical but am glad to say it has improved my ibs tho so an continuing to take.) I got asked when I was due the other day and nearly died. I bloat really badly which is the main culprit for that but still need to lose a little. Any advice

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    I'm trying to lose a little for my wedding in April but getting nowhere. I'm not on any particular diet as I know I won't stick to them but I have cut down on portion sizes of food and upped the exercise.(never really did any before). I've even started on the acai berry tablets which haven't made a difference (was alway sceptical but am glad to say it has improved my ibs tho so an continuing to take.) I got asked when I was due the other day and nearly died. I bloat really badly which is the main culprit for that but still need to lose a little. Any advice
    You could try to keep a food diary to try to find out which foods make you bloat - also if you are honest and write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth you may find a pattern that shows that a certain time of the day you eat more snacks, once you highlight it you can then swap your snacks for a healthier alternative or it maybe a time that you are bored and you need to do something to keep you busy. I am terrible if I sit down with a book, I just want to nibble on chocolate or pringles but doing things like knitting or crochet that involves using your hands means I can't stuff handfuls of junk in my mouth - also don't want to get the wool grubby.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    I have a friend who suffers IBS and she sucked on polo's and drinks peppermint tea
    Debbie

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post

I have a friend who suffers IBS and she sucked on polo's and drinks peppermint tea
    I can't stand peppermint but I do find sucking on sweets in general can help at times

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am terrible if I sit down with a book, I just want to nibble on chocolate or pringles but doing things like knitting or crochet that involves using your hands means I can't stuff handfuls of junk in my mouth - also don't want to get the wool grubby.

that's why I started doing embroidery ... its stops me eating at the same time! I don't eat on the go at all, but whenever I stop and sit down I eat!

good luck everyone.

I 'just' need to start running again ... once i'm in the habit its ok, but I can't get motivated to go, plus, starting work at 7.30 am is not conducive to early morning runs! ( and I can only run in the morning! )

x

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I did try the Dukan diet & lost 1.5 stone in 4 weeks. Think may try again as I want to lose some for the christmas ladies night out weve just booked. Yay!!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well today is day 3 and it is the one I always struggle with. I have had 1 extra bar than I should have and a piece of chicken (allowed) but even though I am not hungry, I want fooooooood.

So far I have resisted anything else so now the knitting is coming out and an early night is on to stop me binging.

3lb down - 18lb to go...

How is everyone else doing?
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Can I join? Trying to lose 8 kilos what's that about 24 pounds? So far have lost 3 kilos .. I am using my net diary app which tracks what you eat and your exercise .. According to it I should be able to lose this by mid December

I am swimming most nights do about 30 mins up to 50-60 widths a time , for my back but have found I am Losing weight .. Don't really want to diet but cutting out the wine!

Post Thanks / Like

I started the 5:2 fasting diet and have been on it for around 9 weeks now, and I have lost 1stone 7lbs, but lost the 1stone after just 4 weeks, the remaining 7lbs has come off very slowly. I am feeling fantastic, BMI is in healthy range, blood pressure, cholesterol is down (family history with the two of those). Other side affects include much better skin, sleeping better, and everyone days how great I look.

I really couldn't recommend this diet enough, having never been on any diet before, this was more of a health driven choice, promising to help fight against heart disease and cancers, (also in the family)

Good luck!

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

5:2 fasting diet....not heard if it what is it? x

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing, you eat normally for 5 days, and then for two days you fast, eating only 500 calories a day. You can have these calories how you want, as one meal or spread throughout the day. I try to have as one meal because my other half doesn't fast!

The idea is that your body is tricked and speeds up your metabolism as it doesn't know when it will be refuelled! Loads of tests and research has been conducted into fasting, it's very similar to the feast or famine principle from Middle Ages, they ate like kings when food was there, but could also go for days without eating. This sort of calorie restriction exists all over the world, actually the idea of eating three square meals with snacks in between was introduced my American food companies, you can see how this benefited them. By fasting a couple of days a week, you strengthen your body, and cells, which are produced every second, repair themselves, rather than reproduce, which very simply put is why it helps prevent some cancers.

Can you tell I love the diet?!

coffee-time Guest

I lost 2 and a half stone on the Cambridge diet about 2 years ago it took 3 months, ive kept the weight off until this year, so started on it again 2 weeks ago, need to lose about 12 pounds to get back to target, ive lost 5 so far, I find it harder this time, I think because I have less to lose its coming off a bit slower but ill get there! good luck with yours x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone can join so please just add how you are going - we can keep each other focused.

Coffee time - this is over 100th time since I have started my 2nd time so keep in there. I am only going to suceed this time because I have a focus and goal.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck everyone! Xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Weighed in last night and after 5 days I lost 3lb - must try harder and don't weigh in after tea
    Debbie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast