Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep going everyone - doesn't matter which method you try as long as you keep trying (I tell myself this everyday!).

I had to go to Morrisons last night and came home with chocolate, as you do, for everyone but me!

Did anyone else weigh and have their results? I lost 0lb
    Debbie

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleMarie88 View Post
    It's amazing, you eat normally for 5 days, and then for two days you fast, eating only 500 calories a day. You can have these calories how you want, as one meal or spread throughout the day. I try to have as one meal because my other half doesn't fast!

The idea is that your body is tricked and speeds up your metabolism as it doesn't know when it will be refuelled! Loads of tests and research has been conducted into fasting, it's very similar to the feast or famine principle from Middle Ages, they ate like kings when food was there, but could also go for days without eating. This sort of calorie restriction exists all over the world, actually the idea of eating three square meals with snacks in between was introduced my American food companies, you can see how this benefited them. By fasting a couple of days a week, you strengthen your body, and cells, which are produced every second, repair themselves, rather than reproduce, which very simply put is why it helps prevent some cancers.

Can you tell I love the diet?!
    I've just started this diet too, can I join in with the posts? Lost 2.5 lbs this week, was hoping for more as I've about 3stone to lose.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just weighed myself but have no idea how much I've lost as my scales are different to the ones at weigh in. I was 2lb heavier on mine than at weigh in last week and today I'm 6lb lighter on mine than I was on them last week...but I doubt I've lost all that lol exactly why I only weigh myself on a Thursday evening at weigh in. I better have lost something tomorrow night though because I haven't even had one treat this week or gone over my points at all - best I've been for months and months!

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Sugar View Post
    I've just started this diet too, can I join in with the posts? Lost 2.5 lbs this week, was hoping for more as I've about 3stone to lose.
    Do you actually know how much 2.5lb is though? When you actually see how much fat it is....it's a lot! 1lb is the equivalent to a big tin of beans (I think that's what it was anyway). I always get disheartened if I've only lost 1lb or so but when I remember that I feel quite good.

A loss is a loss and slower is better anyway! I'm 2 stone down with 1 still to go and it's taken me 7 months to get here...with a loss every week except the week after my holiday where I put on 0.5lb.

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

This is 1lb of fat!! It's a lot so don't get disheartened if you only lose 1lb sometimes!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    AdelleMarie I think I will try the 5:2 diet. Should the two days be next to each other or can it be any? Also can I vary which days?
    They can be any days, I do Monday and Thursday! It is suggested, for better results, that they are non consecutive, as this helps you resist the urge to binge! Loads of good forums and advice for 5:2 diet x

Post Thanks / Like

2.5 lbs is great! Loads of tips on forums for more! I would suggest loads of water and fill up on veggies during fast days. This isn't meant to be a quick fix, this is a long term diet x

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't meant to be a quick fix, this is a long term diet x
    Totally agree with this - my beautician does the 5:2 as a way of maintaining but also losing a wee bit but slowly.

Once I'm down to my target I'm thinking of going on to it to help me maintain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Totally agree with this - my beautician does the 5:2 as a way of maintaining but also losing a wee bit but slowly. Once I'm down to my target I'm thinking of going on to it to help me maintain.
    Yes I am about 4/5lbs off my target weight and then I will just do one fast day for ever to maintain. hope you enjoy fasting as much as I do!

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

2.5 lbs is great! Loads of tips on forums for more! I would suggest loads of water and fill up on veggies during fast days. This isn't meant to be a quick fix, this is a long term diet x
    Oh good, was wondering if it should have been more with it being my first week. I've decided to do Tues and Thurs so I don't have to think about it. First couple of 'fasts' weren't too bad but I struggled a bit yesterday, feeling pretty positive after reading the posts on here. Going to look for 5:2 forum too :-)

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news - keep it up
    Debbie

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo, 4lb down this week just another stone to go til I'm in my healthy BMI range but will probably want to lose about another 1.5 stone in total! I'm determined to lose another 11lb before my birthday - have got another 3 weigh ins before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo, 4lb down this week just another stone to go til I'm in my healthy BMI range but will probably want to lose about another 1.5 stone in total! I'm determined to lose another 11lb before my birthday - have got another 3 weigh ins before then!
    Congratulations!! That's incredible!

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news! Well done, you must be chuffed :-)

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!! That's incredible!
    Thank you

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news! Well done, you must be chuffed :-)
    Yeah, really chuffed I'm now the lightest I've been for as long as I can remember and my size 12 trousers are hanging off me! I've never been a size 10 since I was at school lol. Just a wee bit to go now, nearly there - just need to stick at it!

I'm managing to have a Chinese takeaway tonight and stay within my daily points!!

Post Thanks / Like

Prob no help with losing weight so quickly, but I've been doing the best I ever have on the 5/2 or fast diet. Can just about manage to starve myself for a day knowing I can eat whatever I like the next day. Losing about 2lb a week.

Good luck!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Sprinkles, that is fantastic news. Wish I was as disciplined as you - I am really struggling. All the biscuits are gone now so onwards and upwards

Well done everyone else - keep going
    Debbie

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Go Sprinkles, that is fantastic news. Wish I was as disciplined as you - I am really struggling. All the biscuits are gone now so onwards and upwards Well done everyone else - keep going
    Lol we don't have biscuits or chocolate in the house - I could eat a whole packet in one sitting! We do have weightwatchers mini rolls etc but I only have them if I've got points left. We also only have wotsits or quavers as they're the least pointed crisps.

I've been pretty bad the past few weeks before this one but was determined to be good and see what difference it made - and it would seem, a lot! Really motivates you when you lose but very disheartening when you've been good but don't lose much! I probably won't lose much next week to compensate but I'm still going to be good

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by js1976 View Post
    Prob no help with losing weight so quickly, but I've been doing the best I ever have on the 5/2 or fast diet. Can just about manage to starve myself for a day knowing I can eat whatever I like the next day. Losing about 2lb a week.

Good luck!
    I'm enjoying this too. Lost another 2lbs this week :-) Monday morning is my weigh in day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast