Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Gutted - just weighed in at week 2 and only lost a pound. On the plus side I have lost 3.5 inches so hoping next week will be better.

Anyone else weighed in yet? Post good or bad..

Need to lose 21lb - lost 4 and 3 weeks to go
    Debbie

coffee-time Guest

I lost 3 lb in the first week and 2 in the second, not great for the cambridge but i did have a meal out one night and had a few chips! this week ive been rubbish picking off the kids plates and eating things i shouldnt! its def harder this time round! I only want to lose about another 4 lb but its a struggle!
    Have you been sticking to it properly or cheating a little bit like me! also I dont drink enough water and i know it helps if you do drink a lot.
    keep it up you will get there in the end xx

Post Thanks / Like

Just been reading about water kefir and how it can help with weight loss, anyone any experience of this?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been sticking to it mostly. I am doing sole source plus so have 3 products and a meal but I was so hungry I had an extra bar which I am cutting out this week. I also do not drink enough water so am back on the decaffinated tea. ):

Lets go for it this week ladies...
    Debbie

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I join you? I have lost nearly 2 stone, just 2 pounds off, since june. I joined slimming world and have found it incredibly easy! I lost 5 and a half pounds in my first week. Am down to losing between half a pound and 2 pounds a week now.
    I am strugglinga at the moment as am very stressed about our house move which is pretty imminent now. I feel as though I need a glass of wine to relax, which turns into 2 glasses and then the munchies kick in and I give in because I have had 2 glasses of wine!
    No wine for me this week! I want to lose those 2 pounds which means I only have 1 stone left to lose altogether.

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleMarie88 View Post
    It's amazing, you eat normally for 5 days, and then for two days you fast, eating only 500 calories a day. You can have these calories how you want, as one meal or spread throughout the day. I try to have as one meal because my other half doesn't fast!

The idea is that your body is tricked and speeds up your metabolism as it doesn't know when it will be refuelled! Loads of tests and research has been conducted into fasting, it's very similar to the feast or famine principle from Middle Ages, they ate like kings when food was there, but could also go for days without eating. This sort of calorie restriction exists all over the world, actually the idea of eating three square meals with snacks in between was introduced my American food companies, you can see how this benefited them. By fasting a couple of days a week, you strengthen your body, and cells, which are produced every second, repair themselves, rather than reproduce, which very simply put is why it helps prevent some cancers.

Can you tell I love the diet?!
    Ok I know its now nearly 2 weeks later..oops!! But what do you eat on this diet...think I'm gonna give it ago. So do you eat completely normally on the 5 days?? And what have you actually been eating on the 2 fast days?? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAZBAZ55 View Post
    Ok I know its now nearly 2 weeks later..oops!! But what do you eat on this diet...think I'm gonna give it ago. So do you eat completely normally on the 5 days?? And what have you actually been eating on the 2 fast days?? Thanks
    On the two fast days I get up have a black coffee and a pint of water, around 8.30am I then have nothing all day except water. If I cannot hold any longer I will have an apple and a small handful of plain popcorn. Leaving me with around 430 calories for evening meal, which is lot really! I have lots of vegetarian meals on fast days, BBcC Good Food or Hairy Dieters have some amazing receipts! I make veggie burgers, stir fry, steamed fish and vegetables...

You can split your 500 calories how you want, so you can eat more in the day than I do, but I find as my OH isn't doing the diet, it's easier for me to save my calories for my evening meal.

Since I posted my original comment I have lost a further 4lbs, it really works, with very little effort. And you really can eat what you want on the other days, including cake, but you soon find you don't really want it! Good luck x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    I'm trying to lose a little for my wedding in April but getting nowhere. I'm not on any particular diet as I know I won't stick to them but I have cut down on portion sizes of food and upped the exercise.(never really did any before). I've even started on the acai berry tablets which haven't made a difference (was alway sceptical but am glad to say it has improved my ibs tho so an continuing to take.) I got asked when I was due the other day and nearly died. I bloat really badly which is the main culprit for that but still need to lose a little. Any advice
    oh hon, dont' spend your money on expensive 'aids' honestly. food replacementn meals/drinks can work for short term, quick loss but those tablets and supplements I don't think are good for you.

best weight loss advice/programme I ever followed (which i stick to 70:30 even now 2 years on) is eat caveman i.e. eat natural. things that aren't put together so healthy meat, fish, veg and keep 'put together' foods to a minimum so your pasta, bread, sweets, fizzy drinks (even diet drinks).

Be careful with sauces too. Use natural dressing like oil and balsamic.

keep dairy to a minimum but add small amounts of cheese to salad.

eat lots of grilled fish/meat (size and thickness of your palm) then fill your face with as much veg as you need so you are not hungry! Portion size of veggies is unlimited but go easier with root veggies (carrots, parsnips etc). If you like salad go for dark green leaves (spinach, lambs leaf, rocket, watercress) not iceberg as there is no nutritional value to it and it won't fill you. make it more exciting with olives, peppers, different tomatoes.

If you do eat rice or pasta - then a portion the size of your fist and preferably within 45 mins of a short workout.

treat yourself at weekends with choccies and wine - but avoid beer.

And Debbie all the best with your weight loss, and Bali!!!!!!!!!!!! so jealous - lucky thing.

Juggs xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Just seen this thread. Over the last 18months I have lost about 3st on the Slim-fast shakes. I think I have another couple of stone to lose yet and as already said I just need to focus. I had a bad week last week but want to get back on track now. Good luck everyone
    Alison X

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleMarie88 View Post
    On the two fast days I get up have a black coffee and a pint of water, around 8.30am I then have nothing all day except water. If I cannot hold any longer I will have an apple and a small handful of plain popcorn. Leaving me with around 430 calories for evening meal, which is lot really! I have lots of vegetarian meals on fast days, BBcC Good Food or Hairy Dieters have some amazing receipts! I make veggie burgers, stir fry, steamed fish and vegetables... You can split your 500 calories how you want, so you can eat more in the day than I do, but I find as my OH isn't doing the diet, it's easier for me to save my calories for my evening meal. Since I posted my original comment I have lost a further 4lbs, it really works, with very little effort. And you really can eat what you want on the other days, including cake, but you soon find you don't really want it! Good luck x
    This is really interesting as I'm starting to struggle with weight watchers. I'm two stone down since February which is amazing and I just have one more to go but I'm stuck at this weight! I don't really eat more than I'm meant to but still don't seem to be losing much although I think part of that is because I don't drink enough!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay - challenge 1 - who can lose the most by Wednesday 2nd October - 9am weigh in figures please
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Okay - challenge 1 - who can lose the most by Wednesday 2nd October - 9am weigh in figures please
    You are on!!

13. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I only weigh in on a Thursday evening. I find weighing yourself at different times each week gives you a false reading - I could be 3lb down come Monday but by Thursday I may have actually only lost 2lb.

coffee-time Guest

well ive completely lost the plot these last couple of days eating anything and everything, im so cross with myself but just cant help it!! I think I need hypnosis!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coffee-time View Post
    well ive completely lost the plot these last couple of days eating anything and everything, im so cross with myself but just cant help it!! I think I need hypnosis!!
    My fingers are wavering to you - can you feel it

Repeat I will do better, I will do better
    Debbie

17. Likes N/A liked this post
    OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops only just saw your challenge so may be a little late for wed morning weigh in but I will definitely join in on challenge 2 when you post it hun!!! Good luck everyone else (oh and I'm def gonna try the 5:2 diet ) xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do inches count - rubbish weight loss for the last two weeks but am 5.5" smaller on the tape measure. Go figure that one out?
    Debbie

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do inches count - rubbish weight loss for the last two weeks but am 5.5" smaller on the tape measure. Go figure that one out?
    that's fab - if you've lost inches then you've lost bodyfat - tapemeasure can't lie. If you are drinking lots of water that will affect your weight later in the day so if it's a late morning or evening weigh in it's not a true reflection. Weigh yourself first thing in morning, after a pee and pref with only undies on.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hypnosis didn't work!! Tried it!
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

AdelleMarie I think I will try the 5:2 diet.

Should the two days be next to each other or can it be any? Also can I vary which days?
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast