What have you eaten today? What is for tea?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What have you eaten today? What is for tea?

So DH and I are starting to eat a bit better. Today I have had a small bowl of bran flakes with semi skimmed milk with chopped banana and glass of OJ. For lunch I have had a ham and egg salad and a herbal tea.

Now I don't know what to have to tea lol... I have 4 kids to feed, myself and DH

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

2 crumpets with marmite
    mixed sweet pepper and mushroom omlette for lunch
    tonight having baked garlic chicken with huge green salad and green beans

(probably a glass of wine and some choccie too )
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had alpen with soy milk for breakfast (as usual)
    For lunch had baked potato, with soy spread, tuna, cod, corn, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and just had a flapjack and orange.
    For dinner I'm making chicken, potatoes, peas, carrots and corn. Probably with bananas and soy pudding for dessert cos we are struggling to get fresh veg at the moment here.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bowl of frosties for breakfast.
    Took dd to an all you can eat for dinner.
    Probably burgers for tea.

A really healthy day
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Breakfast - a banana and a glass of flavoured water
    Snack - two mini cheddars (there weren't enought left in the packet for kids to have another each so it would have been rude just to leave them!)
    Lunch - vegetarian meatballs in a tom/veg sauce with mashed potatoe and a glass of orange juice
    Snack - half an apple and a glass of flavoured water
    Dinner - haven't even thought that far ahead yet but will probably be a salad as ate hot meal with the kids at lunch time
    Last edited by Monkey26; 02-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    xx

Post Thanks / Like

Breakfast- Aldi Swiss style muesli with milk
    Lunch - Tuna salad
    Dinner - chickpea curry with rice (meat free monday, sort of, if you discount the tuna at lunchtime )

md0u0131 Guest

I've had a shocking day... really need to start eating properly again I might use this thread as shock therapy!

Breakfast... a bagel with peanut butter
    Lunch - a packet of Maryland cookies
    Tea - a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes

I have got out of the habit of eating with the kids, need to do so again as I eat so much better with them.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Just did my on line food diary My Fitness Pal... which is great and I am under my Calorie target intake... So treated myself to some Nice N Spicy NikNaks.... which still kept me under my target T'was easier than I thought, but I have to save my calories tomorrow as Wednesday is my BIRTHDAY woo hoo lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 7lbs, which I am well pleased with. Just another 19lbs to go! I've always eaten healthily, just tended to have very large portions
    Today I've had
    Breakfast: Aldi swiss style muesli
    Snack: a few homegrown strawberries (delish)
    Lunch: cheese salad
    Dinner: (will be) homemade chicken & mushroom pie with veg

I've been eating lots of veg and have cut down on the carbs, with smaller portions of potatoes, pasta and rice and only having bread at the weekend (can't do without my weekend bacon butty, skinny style with no butter lol)
    I have psoriasis (very mild) and have always wondered if there is a link between food and outbreaks (some research has made tenuous links) and I have to say since cutting out the bread (which I ate lots of) my skin appears to be improving without medication.
    I've also been using the trick of putting down my knife and fork between mouthfuls and chewing my food for longer. I'm definitely feeling fuller sooner and not eating so much that half an hour later I feel bloated and over stuffed.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

best advice I was ever given for losing weight.

Go low on the starchy carbs, dairy and sugar
    Eat natural so you can eat as much as you need to fill you (grilled meats, fish, eggs, vegetables, hard fruits and some soft fruits.

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I did very well, today I am still doing well, I did have a packet of hula hoops and a milkyway, but I am still well within my calorie intack... And what happens...

It is my birthday tomorrow and parent A arrives with a huge bunch of flowers and some Terry's All Gold Milk Chocolates... then Parent B arrives with a bigger bunch of flowers and an "Ultimate Chocolatey chocolate cake"

Surely 2 really good days and loads of excerise will allow me to devour my Birthday treats in one day lol Then back on it on Thursday

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    Yesterday I did very well, today I am still doing well, I did have a packet of hula hoops and a milkyway, but I am still well within my calorie intack... And what happens...

It is my birthday tomorrow and parent A arrives with a huge bunch of flowers and some Terry's All Gold Milk Chocolates... then Parent B arrives with a bigger bunch of flowers and an "Ultimate Chocolatey chocolate cake"

Surely 2 really good days and loads of excerise will allow me to devour my Birthday treats in one day lol Then back on it on Thursday

go for it. its' your birthday but don't calorie count - that's useless honey. Enjoy your birthday then just eat loads of the good stuff with the odd treat. Calories don't matter like that as different calories are burned off easily (meat, veg, simple carbs) whereas sugar and starchy carb calories are a lot harder to burn off

LOOPYLISA Guest

We are trying to eat a bit more healthy here

Today i have had...

Scrambled egg
    apple
    salad wrap for lunch
    Bar of choc
    Tuna salad, new potatoes

Will try and be good for the rest of the evening but its when i snack x

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I had:
    Breakfast: 2 slices of fruit bread with flora and an apple juice
    Snack: Sponge cake with butter icing (leftover from wedding at weekend! )
    Lunch: Stuffed peppers and some crunchy sticks crisps
    Tea: Jacket with mince and sweetcorn

I used to calorie count but have worked out meals for each mealtime to a certain number of calories - e.g. 300 cals for breakfast, 400 cals for lunch, 500 cals for dinner and 100 cals for snacks - this makes it easier for me as then I don't have to work out what I can have before I cook, I can just look at the list and decide what I fancy and I know I won't be over my calorie limit.

Eat it all EmmaReed84 - it's only once a year after all!