Post Thanks / Like

Thats amazing, you look fab!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Kimmy050983 Guest

Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Kimmy, great to read your story! I'm also doing Paleo after realising that I'm probably a bit gluten intolerant. I initially just cut out white carbs to see if it would help me lose weight and suddenly all my bloating & embarrassing wind issues vanished. I also don't now get my afternoon slump where it feels near impossible to stay awake.

Another part of the story is that my daughter is diagnosed with ADHD so I've been looking at ways to adjust her diet to help with that & then was recommended Paleo by my crossfit gym instructor and it seems to fit well with her needs too as I have to up her protein consumption & avoid anything processed. To be honest, it feel like a real life changing moment! I love it and now have also discovered after only 2 weeks of my daughter also following the diet that she also had more serious consequences of eating carbs than I did - as her headaches, tummy aches, constant boughts of diarrhoea & also issues with wind have all disappeared. I also have a 2 year old and have decided to also change her diet to Paleo.

So anyway as a consequence of all this I am now thinking that I generally want to get rid of all non paleo foods in our household & that will mean feeding the kids I look after the same diet too. I can't really see any issues there as who would argue with me feeding their children healthy, non processed, nutritious foods. However i was just wondering if you do the same and if you decided to tell the parents that you were following the Paleo lifestyle? I can't decide whether to formally inform them or not? I just want to avoid them sending things like biscuits and cakes from home which they often kindly do. And how much do I tell them about it, I don't want to feel like I'm preaching or trying to say anything negative about their diets. The other thing is that people could worry about a lack of carbs as we are told time & time again that they should be a staple part of a healthy diet.

Just interested in your point of view.