Just had my visit, now what?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just had my visit, now what?

Hi,
    I just had my pre-registration visit this morning. It took over 4 hours but it went really well, the lady was very nice and she told me she was really impressed with my knowledge and understanding aswell as with my home.
    I called Ofsted a week or two ago, to check up on the progress of things, asking when I could expect the visit etc. They said they had received everything and they had passed it on the 2nd of June, which would give them 28 days to contact me, do the visit and evaluate it. The lady that came today said that she was very happy and that she'd certainly give me a positive recommendation. So just now I called Ofsted to ask how long they thought it would be untill I have my certificate. The man I spoke to said 'oh that can be quite a number of weeks still, do you have any further questions?'. I was a bit surprised tbh, this wasn't the answer I was expecting. He didn't even ask for any details, didn't look at my application and the progress of it at all.
    I'd been assuming that I'd have it quite quickly after this, as the last time I rang them up the lady looked at my application and said that as far as she could see everything was in place and had been reviewd. So I'm a bit confused now... Can it really still take that long? Or did I just get some standard answer to brush me off?
    Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It takes as long as a piece of string I'm afraid.... keep chasing if it drags on!

Good luck with everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah! I'm on 'maternity leave' atm, so it's not extremely urgent. But I'd just like to get it all sorted