Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Re-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Old NCMA (Pacey) Toolkit

Hi,

I have found my old NCMA toolkit that I started to use 2010, I've got loads of blank documents; contracts, accident forms, child record forms and attendance record. Can I still use any of these, or do i have to get a whole new set of current documentation?

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alz79 View Post
    Hi,

I have found my old NCMA toolkit that I started to use 2010, I've got loads of blank documents; contracts, accident forms, child record forms and attendance record. Can I still use any of these, or do i have to get a whole new set of current documentation?
    I think the only thing that might still be any use is the Attendance register. I'd get a new set of the other stuff if you can as these have changed quite a bit over the years. Hold onto the Accident forms as well as back-up copies (these might not be too different).

Re. the attendance register, I photocopied mine so that I had a sheet per child per month (4 weeks or 5 weeks written on it), then made up a ringbinder with dividers in, so that I could just pop a new sheet in for each child each month. I still do the register this way (one folder for all children), and I also record parents' payments on here as well (plus deposit amounts if at the start of contracts). I just put the old one to the back of each section, so the most recent copy is at the front of each tab.

(Saying this, you might already have your own system, but if not, hope the above helps.)

As it happens, I also do my own contract on my computer, where I incorporated anything that I liked from the PACEY one and left out what I didn't. So the old ones might be a good reference point to get you started if you want to do something similar? (You only get about 6 contracts in a set anyway, so there's no harm in getting a new PACEY set just so you can base yours on the latest format?) I'd get the Child Record forms - I actually find these quite useful.

Good luck,

L