Pre reg on wed!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre reg on wed!!

I've got my pre reg inspection on wed, can anyone give me any pointers. I'm starting to flap and feel like I'm not ready!

Also will I get my registration number straight away if she registers me?

Thanks in advance

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything you need to know is in that Pre-Reg Booklet, fill it in, have it open on the table in front of you, refer to it if needed.

They will not give you registration number until a couple of weeks or so after pre-reg visit, certificate will come in the post.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swilcox90 View Post
    I've got my pre reg inspection on wed, can anyone give me any pointers. I'm starting to flap and feel like I'm not ready! Also will I get my registration number straight away if she registers me? Thanks in advance
    Good luck let us know how you get on :-) x

Non childminder member
    pre registration
    Post Thanks / Like

Default good luck for your pre reg visit on weds

Hi good luck for your pre reg visit on wedsnesday. i have mine tomoz 27th jan. im really worried panicing, ive done polices, got an learning log al ready made up i have read up on safeguarding an EYFS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    Everything you need to know is in that Pre-Reg Booklet, fill it in, have it open on the table in front of you, refer to it if needed. They will not give you registration number until a couple of weeks or so after pre-reg visit, certificate will come in the post. Good luck!
    Oh really, I thought once they had been i would be registered to provide care, am i not right in thinking this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bshovelton View Post
    Hi good luck for your pre reg visit on wedsnesday. i have mine tomoz 27th jan. im really worried panicing, ive done polices, got an learning log al ready made up i have read up on safeguarding an EYFS.
    Good luck! Let us know how you get on :-) :-)

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! I'm still waiting for my phonecall but don't feel ready yet so I'm not chasing lol. Please let us know how you get on!

8. Likes TabbyTuTu liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh really, I thought once they had been i would be registered to provide care, am i not right in thinking this?
    You need the certificate in your hand. When they phone you to book your pre-reg you can ask them about the process. The Inspector has to go back to the office and sort out the paper work then your registration number is generated I think then they print certificate and post to you.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the visit, I do hope you get a nice one, ive heard so many stories lol..
    Im in the process of doing my booklet, im actually finding that harder than anything else I have had to do, and this is the last bit for me..
    I really could do with some help so if you feel like offering any guidance please do..

thanks kate

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully that's everything sorted, nerves are well and truly kicking in now

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly it's not too bad, I had mine last Thursday. Have your pre reg book to hand, I could refer to mine if required

Post Thanks / Like

She's said to me I can refer to it if I want to as she understands my mind could go blank

Post Thanks / Like

She's said to me I can refer to it if I want to as she understands my mind could go blank
    Good luck, you'll be great :-) let us know how you get on :-) x

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck. Hope it went ok. Let us know how it went and what she focused on.

Post Thanks / Like

Was not as bad as I thought at all, she came checked my ID, had a quick look around my house (and I mean quick) she then questioned me on safeguarding and development with the questions from the booklet. She will be sending the report to ofsted who will then decide to register me, she cannot see any reason why they wouldn't though

17. Likes Sammy Jo T liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Was not as bad as I thought at all, she came checked my ID, had a quick look around my house (and I mean quick) she then questioned me on safeguarding and development with the questions from the booklet. She will be sending the report to ofsted who will then decide to register me, she cannot see any reason why they wouldn't though
    That's great well done! I bet you're glad that's over though. Do you have anyone waiting to start?

Post Thanks / Like

Yay well done! :-) What forms of ID do they check exactly?

I thought they made the decision there and then whether you could be registered? What does her report detail/say? Just a recommendation to register you?

Well done, you must be so relieved it's over :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Jo T View Post
    That's great well done! I bet you're glad that's over though. Do you have anyone waiting to start?
    I have 4 children waiting to start just hope my registration doesn't take too long

21. Likes Sammy Jo T liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Yay well done! :-) What forms of ID do they check exactly? I thought they made the decision there and then whether you could be registered? What does her report detail/say? Just a recommendation to register you? Well done, you must be so relieved it's over :-)
    Driving licence or passport and utility bills for proof of address, I though they made the decision too but she said she was happy with what she had seen and my knowledge on safeguarding and learning, but she doesn't make the decision she has to send it off for administration team who will then write to me with their decision, but she cannot see any reason why they wouldn't register me. Yea I'm relieved just want my registration to come through now.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 children waiting to start just hope my registration doesn't take too long
    Can I ask how you got your 4 first "customers"? X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast