How long between applying and getting pre reg?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long between applying and getting pre reg?

Hi all, if I ever(!) get my DBS check back so that I can apply online to OFSTED what's the general time it takes for them to then arrange a pre registration visit?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I applied to ofsted on 4th November and I'm still being told that they are waiting for certain checks to come back :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh what checks are those then?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    From the date I applied to Ofsted to the date of my pre-reg it was 5 weeks. It can vary considerably and I have heard of people waiting longer. I would just advise you to prepare like mad because it took me by surprise how quick it was and I have to say it was a mad rush in that 5 weeks as I was daft enough to think I'd have much longer to get ready!!

Post Thanks / Like

They were waiting for a reference to be returned (apparently it was returned a while back) and also a social services check for a different county where I used to live. Still haven't heard anything :-(

Post Thanks / Like

It depends how long the different bits on your application take to get sorted. Mine took maybe about 8 weeks from applying to my visit. But I had to send in my husbands DBS document to be checked, one of my references took a while to arrive and then my inspector cancelled the first visit as she was ill! You can ring them up and ask what is happening with it (though sometimes it takes a while to get through) but I found they actually rang me if there was a problem (like when they hadn't received the reference). Apparently one of my references also got a phonecall after they sent in the reference to check it was them who had completed it, so they are obviously very thorough! Hope yours doesn't take too long.

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I originally attached my references with my application. However, Ofsted requested them again anyway so my referees resent them by post. This week Ofsted have emailed one of my referees to verify that they are the person who gave the reference!! Strange, I could understand this if I had only done the attachment but my referees both also filled in reference forms directly to Ofsted!! Oh well, good thing I didn't make my references up myself!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gemma659353 View Post
    They were waiting for a reference to be returned (apparently it was returned a while back) and also a social services check for a different county where I used to live. Still haven't heard anything :-(
    Hi Gemma, just wondered if you ever heard back with regards to a pre-reg date? Hope so! Happy new year :-)

Post Thanks / Like

No I've still not heard anything. Ofsted called me the middle of December to say that one of my references hadn't been recieved. This has since been resent so I'm chasing them this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya Gemma, im a few weeks behind you. have you been asked to pay the fee yet? also can i ask what you have prepared for the visit?
    i have no idea what to ACTUALLY do :/

any help would be greatly appreciated

x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leopardgirlx View Post
    Hiya Gemma, im a few weeks behind you. have you been asked to pay the fee yet? also can i ask what you have prepared for the visit? i have no idea what to ACTUALLY do :/ any help would be greatly appreciated x
    What stage are you at leopardgirlx, what stage are you currently at? :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    What stage are you at leopardgirlx, what stage are you currently at? :-)
    I sent my application online about a week and a half ago. I've already had to pay the fee and my references have received their forms.

x

Post Thanks / Like

I sent my application online about a week and a half ago. I've already had to pay the fee and my references have received their forms. x
    What do your referees receive? A form to fill out?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you an update yet? Did you pay your fee ages ago? I believe it's a form yeah

Post Thanks / Like

Have you an update yet? Did you pay your fee ages ago? I believe it's a form yeah
    No I only just applied online on Friday as I just got my dbs through finally last week. They said they will now WRITE to me (haven't they heard of email?!) with an invoice which can take up to TWO weeks! Then once I pay that they start the checks (I'm guessing checking my references and social services checks etc?). I've also got to send my health decleration book in - have you sent yours in, what address did you send it to/who to?
    It all take Sooo long doesn't it?!

Post Thanks / Like

See although I haven't got a visit yet I feel that after 1.5 weeks I have made progress I sent my health booklet in a few weeks before I applied to the picadilly gate address. They asked for my dbs certificate which I sent next day delivery on Tuesday and I got it back Friday so they're not messing about. References will have been recieved by ofsted by next Friday and I'm going to ring up then and see if there is a hold up. I have several people who want to use me and I'm not working so desperately wanting to start earning again x

Post Thanks / Like

I've paid my fee ages ago. I have been emailing ofsted every couple of weeks, they are really quick in responding.

I emailed them on Friday evening asking if they have received my final reference as I little kick up the but hoping they will hurry things along!

I have completed the sheets with typical questions supplied by ofsted and I am using an electronic system for all my paperwork, I have the set up, all my policy etc all done and have also created my children as cared children have begun to put observed and next steps in as an example of what I will be doing.

Post Thanks / Like

See although I haven't got a visit yet I feel that after 1.5 weeks I have made progress I sent my health booklet in a few weeks before I applied to the picadilly gate address. They asked for my dbs certificate which I sent next day delivery on Tuesday and I got it back Friday so they're not messing about. References will have been recieved by ofsted by next Friday and I'm going to ring up then and see if there is a hold up. I have several people who want to use me and I'm not working so desperately wanting to start earning again x
    Did you have to send them the actual physical DBs certificate or a copy? Do they return it to you?

Where did you send your health booklet to? Did you put a letter or note in with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gemma659353 View Post
    I've paid my fee ages ago. I have been emailing ofsted every couple of weeks, they are really quick in responding. I emailed them on Friday evening asking if they have received my final reference as I little kick up the but hoping they will hurry things along! I have completed the sheets with typical questions supplied by ofsted and I am using an electronic system for all my paperwork, I have the set up, all my policy etc all done and have also created my children as cared children have begun to put observed and next steps in as an example of what I will be doing.
    Hopefully your at the last hurdle then gemma, that's great. Hope you're up and running soon :-))

Post Thanks / Like

Yippee everything is in and sorted with ofsted. I've now been given the details of the company who will be doing my pre reg, got to call tomorrow to book an appointment.

Any tips on what I can do in the meantime? I'm using an online system so all my policies and procedures are in place, risk assessments done, firs escape done. I've begun doing obs and next steps on my own children to get used to what I'm doing. Anything else anyone could recommend?

I'm a little nervous now!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast