Does anyone ever not get registered?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone ever not get registered?

I wondered if ofsted ever refuse to register you and in what basis?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They certainly never come on the forum to mention it.

I knew someone who worked in the taxi licensing office at Transport for London: that's right, the guys who caused a phenomenal backlog in the CRB system some years ago. He told me they had quite a lot of applicants refused CRB because of previous convictions for crimes which stood out a mile: serious assault, etc. It really made us wonder why someone would go through the whole process when they surely must've realised they'd get spotted at the CRB stage. I hope prospective CMs are a bit brighter than that.

Nov2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi,
    Ok - so you may not like what I'm going to say now but here goes!!
    Please start believing in yourself and concentrate on what you CAN do and CAN achieve. Having read through some of your other posts you seem to be trying to achieve a lot in a short space of time. As I mentioned in one of your other posts, childcare is a massive area and some of the people on this forum have become very wise over a long period of time i.e. they have gained the experience through doing the job. Unless you already have a background in childcare (I don't!), like me, you're just starting out. You need to pace yourself, break down everything you've got to do into tasks for each day and then plod on with it. If you take this approach you will succeed in your application. Ask for help as many times as you need to along the way but please start believing you can do everything needed to pass your pre-reg!! Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh it's a genuine question, I wondered whether anyone ever doesn't pass the registration process. I thought it's a reasonable question?!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Oh it's a genuine question, I wondered whether anyone ever doesn't pass the registration process. I thought it's a reasonable question?!
    I expect many do fail, but it's not like they shout about it. I mean who's going to go around saying, "hey, I applied to Ofsted, but apparently I'm not fit to work with children , and that's official" ?

Your best chance of an accurate statistic would be to check with Ofsted: it may require a Freedom of Information Act request.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok fair point! I wasn't meaning for any bad reason like they may have criminal offences but more like ofsted deemed someone's house too small or something like that. It must happen sometimes.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If someone has a space issue then it used to be a case of reducing your allowed ratio based on each age range, so instead of the standard 6 under 8, it may be reduced to 2 or 3.
    As certificates no longer state ratios, you would use the space ratio yourself to ensure you comply with the EYFS.

Also, I doubt the LA would have allowed someone to continue with the registration process if an issue was highlighted pre reg.
    Now of course a lot of LA support has gone so it's possible ofsted will be turning more people away (in an 'aren't we wonderful choosing the right people' kind of way, without acknowledging that these people probably wouldn't have got past the LA in the first place before the change in how people become registered happened)

I know I was told you couldn't fail the cypop5, you would be asked to resubmit till you got it correct.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep panicking I will be refused, but then I think, well, Ofsted only care that I tick boxes on the first visit. Clean, safe environment, check. Done required courses, paperwork, check. Know how to look after children, do eyfs etc, check. I also think, from what I have heard, some ofsted help you out, as in, if something isn't so safe they'll tell you. My friend has been doing it 11 years, moved house and they wouldn't re-register her til she covered a coarse brick wall up.

I think it will be harder to get parents in, and then pass the second inspection rather than the pre-reg. I hope..

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyTuTu View Post
    ... think it will be harder to get parents in, and then pass the second inspection rather than the pre-reg. I hope..
    oh yes, getting parents was definitely the hardest part, the graded inspection was relatively easy in comparison (although I had multiple lack of confidence meltdowns at the time)