Eeeekkk, Registration visit is booked for Tuesday!! :)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eeeekkk, Registration visit is booked for Tuesday!! :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Nicci and i have been in the process of registering to be a childminder since April. I have been working very hard and the end is now within reach. Today i received a call from the lovely lady that will be inspecting me on tuesday at 10am, she was very friendly and we had a good chat.

I am extremely excited, but also very nervous too as i don't really know what to expect. I was just wondering whether any of you lovelies would be able to offer me any kind words of advice or any tips for my big day

Thank you!!

Nicci xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Babysands View Post
    Hi Everyone, My name is Nicci and i have been in the process of registering to be a childminder since April. I have been working very hard and the end is now within reach. Today i received a call from the lovely lady that will be inspecting me on tuesday at 10am, she was very friendly and we had a good chat. I am extremely excited, but also very nervous too as i don't really know what to expect. I was just wondering whether any of you lovelies would be able to offer me any kind words of advice or any tips for my big day Thank you!! Nicci xx
    Hi Nicci,

My registration visit was in July and I found it a really positive experience!

As soon as the Ofsted lady walked through my door she put me at ease, asking if I had any children lined up, and confirmed she would get me registered as soon as possible

I made her a cup of tea and we just sat on the sofa and was having a chat and going through the questions in the 'Preparing for your Ofsted visit' booklet - I was also able to ask Mrs O questions of my own and she gave me lots of ideas for my setting

My visit was only 2 hours and I wish I hadn't got myself all worked up beforehand - I hardly slept the night before!

Good luck with your registration visit and let us know how it goes xx

Post Thanks / Like

I have passed!!! It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined, the lady was very lovely and have me lots of great advice can't wait to get started!! Does anyone know how long it takes for the certificate to arrive? Xx

4. Likes Lal liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nicci..... you will be absolutely fine. Just be yourself... do your research and keep calm (if you can)lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Babysands View Post
    I have passed!!! It wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined, the lady was very lovely and have me lots of great advice can't wait to get started!! Does anyone know how long it takes for the certificate to arrive? Xx
    Yay well done! I received my certificate within about 10 days xx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done
    My certificate took 5 days following getting the go ahead

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x