First aid kits
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: First aid kits

Post Thanks / Like

Default First aid kits

Need to purchase a first aid kit, does anyone have any recommendations where to get one from or the best type to get?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Start by making a list of what you think you need, then buy the items individually. This may well be different from the majority of off-the-shelf kits, which are designed for adults to use in factories, offices, etc.

Fr'intance, I put a lot of eye pad dressings in mine, as they suit the numerous small wounds that lo's get. I need fewer large dressings than most workplaces (they're so big they'd virtually swaddle a child so I only really need one for myself in case Mrs B comes at me with a meat cleaver.)

I find it useful to carry steri-strips (aka butterfly stitch), micropore tape and blunt-ended scissors in my kits. My "going out" kit also includes a foil blanket and saline solution, which you won't get in standard kits.

The other disadvantage of buying a kit is they are frequently sealed, which prevents you from checking the 'use by' dates on the contents.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased my from Amazon think it was about £17 not sure now it was a while ago, as a recommendation from this website, it is called childminder first aid box. To be honest I think I would prefer to do what Bunyip suggested as it's a bit scratchy (scratch my head wondering why I have so many of this and not enough of that).

Plus I need to hide it from dd who seems to think every plaster, bandage etc that comes into my house is for her and her dolls. Forever re stocking it because of her.

Home B****** or Quality **** are cheap enough for all types of first aid and medical stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I brought mine from childminding matters for £12 but think you can buy on line e.g amazon etc so long as its a pediatric one should be ok.

I found it was easier and cheaper to buy a preset up one .

x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

got mine from here

Childminder First Aid Kit | Children's First Aid Kit | FirstAid4Less

You can order the whole box with contents or then when you want to replace can just buy refill pack - when bandages and dressings go out of date I either give to mindees for role play hospitals or put in our own family medicine cabinet.