writing a letter for permisson to do childminding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default writing a letter for permisson to do childminding

hi can anyone help I am looking at doing child minding but before I go further with it I have spoken to my council about doing child minding in my home and they have said I need to write a letter asking for permission they were really nice said they will look into it once they receive the letter and it should be ok but i don't know what I should write in the letter does anyone have any ideas thank you.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stacytaylor22 View Post
    hi can anyone help I am looking at doing child minding but before I go further with it I have spoken to my council about doing child minding in my home and they have said I need to write a letter asking for permission they were really nice said they will look into it once they receive the letter and it should be ok but i don't know what I should write in the letter does anyone have any ideas thank you.
    How about this:
    Dear Sir/Madam/ name if you have one
    Further to my conversation with X on Xth July, I am writing to ask permission to childmind from my house at ...insert your address...
    I will be caring for a maximum of 6 children under 8 years old of which no more than 3 will be aged under five and no more than one will be aged under one, in accordance with the ratios as regulated by Ofsted. I am happy to give any further information, should you require it,

Yours faithfully, Stacey Taylor
    Email
    Telephone
    Mobile

Hth

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stacytaylor22 View Post
    I have never heard of having to ask permission from the council...maybe you mean your Early Years team?
    If you go through the registration process you will be found 'suitable' by Ofsted to care for children and able to set up and run your own business as soon as you complete the necessary paperwork and initial training

keep us posted as this is very intriguing !

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds odd to me too. Have your LA got their wires crossed and put it through to Planning Permission, which is required in some circumstances but not for basic child minding for the usual number of children. I would double check, certainly not the usual process.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe you are in local authority housing and you need permission? Can't think of any reason why they are asking this of you.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had to check with council planning -was told this on the pre-reg course. They asked if it would increase traffic substantially. Answer no so it was ok.

7. Likes FussyElmo liked this post
    july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I needed permission in writing from my council - as I am a council tenant and they are my landlord
    Simona's letter looks great - I would leave out the specific numbers though and just put 'in accordance with Ofsted ratios'.

In my case it was just a formality. Good luck

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I needed to write to the planning department so they could see what I proposed and whether it would adversely affect neighbours.

My LA restrict new childminders registering since 2008 to a maximum of 6 minded children of any age without planning permission - if they want to have more they have to apply for planning permission. I think someone in the Medway area said that they were restricted to 6 children in total including their own by Planning.