how find DBS reference number??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how find DBS reference number??

I have a number which is 13 digits long in the emails sent to me from Capita, but the DBS tracking service only lets me input 11 digits! Have I got the wrong number?? Also, the payment receipt email says organisation is OFSTED and their address, which is my address! Is this something I have done wrong?

Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahc88 View Post
    I have a number which is 13 digits long in the emails sent to me from Capita, but the DBS tracking service only lets me input 11 digits! Have I got the wrong number?? Also, the payment receipt email says organisation is OFSTED and their address, which is my address! Is this something I have done wrong? Help!
    Hi Sarah,

I've just checked my previous DBS emails, and they say the same - Ofsted and my address, so that is right.

The 13 digit reference sounds like your payment reference. My tracking reference came on a separate email around 5 days after I applied for the DBS and it starts with the letter E xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

oh thank you that is such a relief! It seems like such a confusing application process and I'm getting myself all muddled up here! :P

I did stage 2 (payment and application) 5 days ago and have got 2 emails since; 'payment receipt' and 'application reference'. It's the 'application reference' email that has the 13 digit number in...

I've just today emailed across the icf and my documents so hoping i get the tracking number soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahc88 View Post
    oh thank you that is such a relief! It seems like such a confusing application process and I'm getting myself all muddled up here! :P I did stage 2 (payment and application) 5 days ago and have got 2 emails since; 'payment receipt' and 'application reference'. It's the 'application reference' email that has the 13 digit number in... I've just today emailed across the icf and my documents so hoping i get the tracking number soon!
    Yes, hopefully you should receive it soon, if not, get in touch with them. It was great being able to track the DBS, there are 5 stages it goes through and I was checking it everyday! Mine only took around 3 weeks though

Wait till you get to the Ofsted application online, that really confused me! Xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki5531 View Post
    Yes, hopefully you should receive it soon, if not, get in touch with them. It was great being able to track the DBS, there are 5 stages it goes through and I was checking it everyday! Mine only took around 3 weeks though

Wait till you get to the Ofsted application online, that really confused me! Xx
    mines on its 9th week on Friday losing will to live.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joannes View Post
    mines on its 9th week on Friday losing will to live.
    I can't believe how long yours is taking! It is ridiculous

I'm sure it says it can take up to 6 weeks on their site, but 9 weeks is beyond a joke!

I really feel for you and I would be tearing my hair out if it were me!

I hope it gets sorted for you soon hun xx