Anyone applied since feb or about to apply to Ofsted to register as a childminder?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone applied since feb or about to apply to Ofsted to register as a childminder?

Hi, I've finished cypop 5, got mine and my husbands DBS checks back, getting my medical form back next week, done my first aid so I'm all ready to apply to Ofsted.

The guidance says I should be registered in 3 months but I've been reading some posts on here that worry me about the time it has taken. Hopefully that was before they started asking for everything to be completed before you apply.

Is there any one who has applied since the rules changed in feb who could set my mind at ease about how it is going?

And is there anyone who's just about to apply so we can share experiences?

I just want to get on with it now!

Cheers x

2. Likes thinktink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne Walters View Post
    Hi, I've finished cypop 5, got mine and my husbands DBS checks back, getting my medical form back next week, done my first aid so I'm all ready to apply to Ofsted. The guidance says I should be registered in 3 months but I've been reading some posts on here that worry me about the time it has taken. Hopefully that was before they started asking for everything to be completed before you apply. Is there any one who has applied since the rules changed in feb who could set my mind at ease about how it is going? And is there anyone who's just about to apply so we can share experiences? I just want to get on with it now! Cheers x
    Hi Jayne,

I'm the same as you. I was waiting a bit longer for my Partners DBS but we received the certificate yesterday.

I went online to apply to Ofsted and was going round in circles with the Ey2 form - I felt like I was hitting my head against a brick wall!

I posted for help on here yesterday and I got some advice, so I'm going to try again today, I'll let you know how it goes!

Keep me posted on how you find it xx

May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied 2 weeks ago. I sent references with my application so the only one they had to chase themselves was from my previous employer and I forwarded the medical form when they sent the pre paid envelope just over a week after I applied. I got the invoice a few days later and paid online. They called 10 days after I applied to say all the checks were back and I just needed to pay (wasn't showing on the system at that point) and somebody would call to arrange for my inspection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I applied 2 weeks ago. I sent references with my application so the only one they had to chase themselves was from my previous employer and I forwarded the medical form when they sent the pre paid envelope just over a week after I applied. I got the invoice a few days later and paid online. They called 10 days after I applied to say all the checks were back and I just needed to pay (wasn't showing on the system at that point) and somebody would call to arrange for my inspection!
    I did the same, I sent my references with my application on Saturday and I posted my Health Declaration on Monday to their address in Manchester.

10 days seems quite good, I hope mine's the same.

Do you know how long you should be waiting to get the call to arrange the inspection? X

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ya.
    I have just applied for my DBS-what a nightmare the Ofsted and DBS forms are!

I haven't got mine back yet and am I right in saying you can't apply for Ofsted until you have it back? Do I need to do anything once I have submitted it or just wait for them to contact me?

Where did you have your medical done?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiepoo View Post
    Hi ya. I have just applied for my DBS-what a nightmare the Ofsted and DBS forms are! I haven't got mine back yet and am I right in saying you can't apply for Ofsted until you have it back? Do I need to do anything once I have submitted it or just wait for them to contact me? Where did you have your medical done?
    Hi,

Yes you're right, you can't apply to Ofsted until you have received your DBS certificate back, as there is a question on the application form asking for the reference on your DBS certificate.

My DBS took around 3 weeks, but my Partners took slightly longer.

Whilst I was waiting, I got 2 of my friends to write my references so they were done, and when I applied to Ofsted, I scanned and attached them on my application.

I took my Health Declaration booklet to my Dr's and he charged me £25 xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I was under the impression it all had to be done online but you post it to them with everything in one envelope?
    Did you used the reference forms in the ofsted application? And the medical form from the ofsted website?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I was under the impression it all had to be done online but you post it to them with everything in one envelope? Did you used the reference forms in the ofsted application? And the medical form from the ofsted website?
    Sorry, everything is done online, apart from the Health Declaration x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I was under the impression it all had to be done online but you post it to them with everything in one envelope? Did you used the reference forms in the ofsted application? And the medical form from the ofsted website?
    The Health Booklet is the one off the Ofsted website, print it out, fill in your sections and hand it in to your Dr's to complete it. Don't send your Health booklet to Ofsted until you have applied (I think other members have mentioned that Ofsted will send you a pre-paid envelope to return it in) x

May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki5531 View Post
    I did the same, I sent my references with my application on Saturday and I posted my Health Declaration on Monday to their address in Manchester.

10 days seems quite good, I hope mine's the same.

Do you know how long you should be waiting to get the call to arrange the inspection? X
    They said it would be in the next couple of weeks so I'll chase them if I haven't heard by Easter. Of course I'm merrily panicking about what I still have to do now!!

Post Thanks / Like

They said it would be in the next couple of weeks so I'll chase them if I haven't heard by Easter. Of course I'm merrily panicking about what I still have to do now!!
    I'll be the same, as soon as I get the call I'll be panicking!

When my Development Officer came round last week, I was cleaning and scrubbing my house all weekend, God knows what I'll be like when it's Ofsted! X

13. Likes thinktink liked this post
    July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew nothing about the references until I filled in the form today. Do you think I should get the two people to write references ready? What do they need to say? Is there any guidance anywhere?

x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne Walters View Post
    I knew nothing about the references until I filled in the form today. Do you think I should get the two people to write references ready? What do they need to say? Is there any guidance anywhere? x
    I got both of my friends to do mine as I'm hoping it might speed up the process.

There is guidance, it's section H of the EYC application (page 17). It just gives a list of what is required.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll write the list out for you xx

16. Likes zanacal liked this post
    May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to do it, I believe Ofsted will send a form to your referees if you don't, but like Vikki I hoped it would make things quicker if I already had them!

Aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going through process at mo, applied for dbs yesterday, booked first aid course

Aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry...and to continue....am 75% of way through cypop5 course, have been to drs and got health declaration filled in.....seems like it's taking forever!

May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a call today and my pre reg visit is booked for the week after Easter. Eek!

21. Likes PeekABoos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a call today and my pre reg visit is booked for the week after Easter. Eek!
    Yay that's good news! At least you've got a couple of weeks to prepare yourself!

Good luck and let us know how it goes xx

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely to read this and see it's not so slow as what has been previously posted. I am hoping to be up and running by September and away from my current job which is working nights and I am zonked!

My health declaration is costing £88!!! Rip off lol. I am 75% through CYPOP5 and applying for first aid once pay day is here. I am so excited yet so nervous too hehe!! x

24. Likes thinktink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree this is so positive :-) I too am looking at being registered and all ready to go by September, I've done my LA training, first aid and just applied for my DBS so fingers crossed I'll be on track, good luck to you all :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast