Anyone applied since feb or about to apply to Ofsted to register as a childminder?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds good to me! I have everything in place but still waiting for husbands DBS. We applied beginning of feb! I want to be up and running for Mid August and worried I'll be tight for time!

Am I unrealistic?

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got everything done (first aid, training, healthcare booklet, DBS's, EYC, EY2 etc) and am just waiting for the visit. I had a letter from them on 13th March saying an inspector would contact me to arrange the visit - normally within 9 weeks! Haven't heard anything yet. Really annoying as I've done everything as quickly as I possibly could so am just hanging around now. I started the whole process first week in January.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieH View Post
    I have got everything done (first aid, training, healthcare booklet, DBS's, EYC, EY2 etc) and am just waiting for the visit. I had a letter from them on 13th March saying an inspector would contact me to arrange the visit - normally within 9 weeks! Haven't heard anything yet. Really annoying as I've done everything as quickly as I possibly could so am just hanging around now. I started the whole process first week in January.
    9 weeks, that is a long time frame!

I sent my EYC and EY2 form off last Sat and attached 2 references hoping it would speed it up abit, however my Friend called me earlier to let me know she had received a letter from Ofsted requesting a reference!!!

It's like you say, you have done everything possible to get prepared and now you're sat around waiting, it's such a long process!

Good luck and hopefully you'll get the call soon xx

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki5531 View Post
    9 weeks, that is a long time frame!

I sent my EYC and EY2 form off last Sat and attached 2 references hoping it would speed it up abit, however my Friend called me earlier to let me know she had received a letter from Ofsted requesting a reference!!!

It's like you say, you have done everything possible to get prepared and now you're sat around waiting, it's such a long process!

Good luck and hopefully you'll get the call soon xx
    Thanks, you too! I'm not holding out much hope though, some people from my pathways course have been in my position for over 12 weeks and still waiting. Keep being told that they're waiting for the social services checks to be done...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieH View Post
    Thanks, you too! I'm not holding out much hope though, some people from my pathways course have been in my position for over 12 weeks and still waiting. Keep being told that they're waiting for the social services checks to be done...
    Is the Social Services checks part of the DBS check, or separate that Ofsted check? xx

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vikki5531 View Post
    Is the Social Services checks part of the DBS check, or separate that Ofsted check? xx
    I'm assuming it's something that Ofsted does before coming out....they've all said they have their DBS checks etc back already. xx

Aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the eyc and eyc2 form,,,where do I get that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danemi1 View Post
    What's the eyc and eyc2 form,,,where do I get that?
    They're your application forms for Ofsted that you complete online once you have your DBS certificate.

The EYC form is what you fill out, and anyone living in your household over the age of 16 has to complete the EY2 form xx

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I've chased Ofsted and heard back today that they are waiting for the social services check to come back, so it must be something they do. As I've never dealt with them you'd think it'd be quick!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied in February and had acknowledgment of them receiving the application, had myself and husbands dbs back, BUT my GP is taking forever to sort out the health decleration - sooooo frustrating

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, me and my friend submitted our online Ofsted form on 28th March 2013 and awaiting to hear back from them. I knew it would take up to 12 weeks for them to come visit. We had email back to add the disclosure numbers from our EY2 forms as there wasn't space when we first did the forms. We have added those but still waiting.... not had any envelopes to send off our health declarations yet. It's all very exciting awaiting for them!! Cannot wait to be up and registered!! I'm really hoping them come soon

Post Thanks / Like

I've just sent my application off

Got to get health deceleration to gp next wk so that's done. I'm hoping to be registered August/September so am really hoping it all goes through pretty quickly.

I want to start advertising but don't want to risk not being ready. Has anyone else got parents ready/ advertising.

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I daren't get any children lined up as I've no idea when I'll be able to start. It's annoying as I've missed out on a couple of great opportunities recently, but until I've had Ofsted come out I don't think I'll advertise.

aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you child mind without receiving certificate but had a visit? Xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LizP View Post
    Can you child mind without receiving certificate but had a visit? Xx
    I'm currently waiting for my Ofsted visit but I'm certain that you can't start childminding until you have received your certificate xx

aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12