Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 16 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cypop5 ordered!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cypop5 ordered!

Hi

I've today ordered the e-learning CYPOP5 course. I'm so excited, can't wait to get started. I want to complete it as quickly as possible as want to register as soon as possible. My Mat leave ends in April and have to work 3mnths so would like to register by then so I can give up work after 3mnths.

Has anyone got any advice on the cypop5 or ensuring I get registered as quickly as possible.

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I am ordering mine on Friday can't wait also wanting to get going asap. Does the e learning come through quite quick? No advice really as I am in the same situation lol. But lots of good luck Xx

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with yours maybe we could help each other out

I was told 6 working days for the main stuff, and 10 working days for textbook seems ages to wait

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/starting-childminding-pre-registration-visits

Yes we can be CYPOP buds

Oh no that's ages!!! I just want to get going I finally decided to bite the bullet and do it after pay day last month so had no money to buy the courses etc lol. Have you done anything else to prepare for it? First aid etc? xx

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know I was gutted, thought it would be here by end of the week.

Not yet, again it's cost so will probably try and do one in April after the next payday. I figured if I can get the CYPOP done this month, then register on first aid and safeguarding as can put application in with the dates I'm due to do them

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I had this attitude when I started my course but hasn't really worked out like that, doing it online is much harder as u don't really have much support like u do in a class and finding time to do it is hard as well, when u receive it u will understand what I mean with finding time but good luck with it x

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop20 View Post
    Yeah I know I was gutted, thought it would be here by end of the week.

Not yet, again it's cost so will probably try and do one in April after the next payday. I figured if I can get the CYPOP done this month, then register on first aid and safeguarding as can put application in with the dates I'm due to do them
    Yeah everything is about the money eh!! I am doing the same sort of thing really as the closest date for the paediatric first aid is beginning of April/May. So going to slowly build up my resources as I go. Bring on the car boot sales and ebay obsession oh and ikea but that is dangerous lol... Xx

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlie cheeky View Post
    I had this attitude when I started my course but hasn't really worked out like that, doing it online is much harder as u don't really have much support like u do in a class and finding time to do it is hard as well, when u receive it u will understand what I mean with finding time but good luck with it x
    Lol Charlie, know what you mean home study can be hard. I have done it before and had off days where my head just didn't want to get in the study mood. But I know I need this to get out of night shifts so I'll do it lol... xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm lucky as have two children of my own so quite a lot of resources. But I have already picked up a couple things through facebook selling pages.

I've also studied at home before and it is so hard. But my hubby goes out on Friday nights so that's definitely a study night, and then try and fit in a couple more evenings a week. I'm desperate to get sorted so fingers crossed I can continue my motivation when it arrives.

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm lucky as have two children of my own so quite a lot of resources. But I have already picked up a couple things through facebook selling pages. I've also studied at home before and it is so hard. But my hubby goes out on Friday nights so that's definitely a study night, and then try and fit in a couple more evenings a week. I'm desperate to get sorted so fingers crossed I can continue my motivation when it arrives.
    Yeah I have two children but they are 6 and 4 so the early stuff has all gone lol typical. Not buying loads tho just you storage and a few new bits :-) Xx

Post Thanks / Like

I've just noticed that you now have to apply for DBS prior to submitting application. I'm going to get on with this now so that once I've completed course etc there shouldn't be too much delay

Also the application is all online this seems to have happened this month, so if u haven't looked on ofsted recently then maybe it'll be good to have a look

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did my application back in May last year and it was an online application then (although I think you could opt to do it by hand) so that bit hasn't changed but you used to get the dbs forms directly from ofsted once you'd submitted your application so that's def changed. Don't you have to pay for them now too?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I started my CYPOP5 online 4 weeks ago and have submitted 4 assisgnments in that time so do ask feel free to ask for any help!

I have a daughter who almost 4 and a son who almost 11 months old. I returned to work and realised it not for me so training so I can be a Childminder.

I'm really enjoying the course!

Leonie x

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LG2014 View Post
    Hi all,

I started my CYPOP5 online 4 weeks ago and have submitted 4 assisgnments in that time so do ask feel free to ask for any help!

I have a daughter who almost 4 and a son who almost 11 months old. I returned to work and realised it not for me so training so I can be a Childminder.

I'm really enjoying the course!

Leonie x
    Thank you Leonie will take you up on that

Though I have just read this which is quite worrying.... If this is the case I am not sure I can do it :'(
    Early years educators - Children and young people

Post Thanks / Like

Well i received my log in details yesterday afternoon. Didn't take as long as I thought to come through. Haven't got text book yet but have started looking at it and answering some of the bits. Will rebook at them all when the text book comes through to check it before submitting

16. Likes PeekABoos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww good luck it a few ab course I loving it x

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i received my log in details yesterday afternoon. Didn't take as long as I thought to come through. Haven't got text book yet but have started looking at it and answering some of the bits. Will rebook at them all when the text book comes through to check it before submitting
    Just ordered mine Can't wait!! xx

Post Thanks / Like

It a great course you should really enjoy it. I have a lovely assessor too and who is very quick on assessing my work and marking it x

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LG2014 View Post
    It a great course you should really enjoy it. I have a lovely assessor too and who is very quick on assessing my work and marking it x
    Aww glad to hear that

Just read this https://www.dorsetforyou.com/childca...etails/Level-3 I think it's only if you want to go on to do the Level 3 with Pacey etc that you need the GCSE's. I want to do the degree with Open Uni so should be fine. xx

Post Thanks / Like

And my textbook came today

Husband is out tonight and tomorrow night so I can crack on with it

Shouldn't take too long to receive yours hopefully

22. Likes PeekABoos liked this post

Page 1 of 16 12345 ... LastLast