Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fed up

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fed up

Hi all
    Feeling fed up and feel like giving up.Been reg since Dec and still have no mindies have had 2 enquires thats it just put so much time and effort into this to throw it all away but how long to I go on waiting seems like for ever and I realy need to start working I am so bored and I am adverticeing shops,fis,done leaflet drop and network I just want to start working

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, sorry to hear you are fed up and I know what you mean, you put so much energy and time into it and then to give it up seems such a waste (I've been there a few times believe me!). Try to stay positive. Have you tried mum and toddler groups - just pop in with your business card, childcare website (I had my last 2 mindees from there), car magnets - vista print, other childminders who could pass on your details if they are full - are there any cminders on here that are near to you? Hope it gets better for you, it is really quiet where I am at the moment as well x

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel Diana. I have been so close to giving up. I have been registered since early November and I have spent a fortune on different advertising methods etc and I have 2 new mindees starting next week. It has taken me 5 months!!!!! I got one off Yell.com and the other from childcare.co.uk. It is very disheartening. I have had enquiries and people make appts to come and see me then they just don't turn up. I would say keep at it and I am sure all your hard work will pay off. The majority of people say you get most of your mindees from word of mouth so I am sure once you have got your first mindee, you will get enquiries from that xx

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have felt exactly the same, I registered in February and I have had a few enquiries and have 2 boys that I am minding but its only for 4 hours on a monday so am just not earning enough. Over the weekend I applied for around 15 jobs and some of them were full time!! Then this morning I woke up and like you felt that I had put so much work into it that I needed to keep going. I don't think I have being doing it long enough to give up yet. Like the other lady I would recommend childcare.co.uk, you can register free and parents also advertise on there who are looking for a childminder. You do have to pay to be able to contact the parents but I think its worth it and thats where I have had all my enquiries from. Hope you get some mindees soon!! Mel x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have written lots of very similar posts Diana. I registered in October 2011, in January got one child 14 hours a week and couldnt get any more work, it was getting desperate with no other income.
    BUT, in the last 3 weeks I have had lots of enquiries and taken on 3 new children, even had to turn people down!! Please dont give up just yet because Im sure it will happen for you too. I didnt do anything different to what I'd been advertising wise but it just seems to have generally got busier in my area, so hopefully it will for you.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I am reg on childcare.co.uk paid for years membership,got car magnets,go toddler group to network have handed everyone my business cards also member ncma spent out so much money and time think I will give it few more mths hope it picks up for everyone .

Diana

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I brought a big car add for my back windscreen. It looks fab and it was only £6.99 on Ebay. Register on Yell.com. I have had some leaflets professionally designed and printed and put these in local shops, church halls, swimming baths etc...Go to local schools & Surestart centres/nurseries and leave your cards there. Post an add on Gumtree (I have had 2 enquiries from there). Also make a Facebook business page and ask your friends to like and share so the word spreads xx

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I got all my enquiries and mindees from childcare.co.uk so well worth it.

I got lots of business cards and postcards etc made up but ive not had to use them yet as im as full as i want to be for now.

I didnt leave my retail job until i had definite mindees though and that worked for me
    XX Jill XX

Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up Diana, there have been lots of members on here who've felt the same then work has come their way.

Sending you lots of positive vibes

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same Diana, I don't have any mindees and have been registered since end of Feb. I have done everything in terms of advertising and still have nothing. I am beginning to feel like giving up too. Sorry to hear your in the same situation.

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up i registered in Oct and didn't get work till Jan, i still have spces to fill but i have. It will be worth the wait in the end. Sorry can't remember if you said but have to meet up with other childminders and passed your info on? it could just be quiet at the mo.